Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick my new bike for me (because I can't figure it out)

Bike
    hopefully bringing something back to NZ
    Is it just me or are GasGas owners starting to sound a bit like KTM owners gg this gg that oh there is nothing better than a gg oh you couldnt pass up on a gg hell dont worry if the frame breaks youll still own a gg i dont know could just be me maybe ???????????
    [SIGPIC][/SIG

Bike
    2002 YZ426F and 1982 xr 100
    Dunno Barty havent seen a GG toaster yet..they may srill have a long way to go ..before they they get to KTM weirdness
    if you think life is 2 short , get a taller one
    Fatboy Racing
    yamahawk racing enterprizes
    IM DAM SEXY racing

Bike
    2013 KTM200 & Kawasaki Ninja 300
    Quote Originally Posted by clmintie View Post
    Midget might like to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure she got the rear shock shortened and went back to standard linkage arms to stop the tire hitting the mudguard on her KDX..................
    Yeah I got a spacer in the rear shock, and have kept the lowering link as well! I've adjusted the spring thingo and it's not hitting the back wheel. Shaving the seat on the side has given me another inch, and 2 inches off the top of the seat. So that's probably 6 inches shorter - yeha near on the perfect bike apart from being heavy to pick up, 101 dry! The Gas Gas Pampera is still 95 kilos dry, and seat height of 825. Talked to Birchy's mum on the phone about the Pampera, she was more than happy to give me all the pros and cons.

Bike
    2002 YZ426F and 1982 xr 100
    so how did the gas gas stack up ???
    if you think life is 2 short , get a taller one
    Fatboy Racing
    yamahawk racing enterprizes
    IM DAM SEXY racing

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by laserracer View Post
    so how did the gas gas stack up ???
    I had the CRF250X at the time and was wanting something a whole lot lighter! I decided on the KX85 and had the same problems Spiked Punch is having now! Didn't ride the Gas Gas, but Dave Greenslade's daughter has one and loves it. She's not that tall either! The new ones aren't cheap!!!!

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    A suggestion......how about "we" get as many of the possible bike choices available together at the Jolly Roosta (2nd May?) so the girl can have a ride and compare them back to back, my 200EXC is available for starters.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
    A suggestion......how about "we" get as many of the possible bike choices available together at the Jolly Roosta (2nd May?) so the girl can have a ride and compare them back to back, my 200EXC is available for starters.
    That's a very good idea, I'll be there! Spiked Punch you can do a loop on it and see what you think! I know you've got reservations about it, especially with the weight! You can give it a whirl though!!

Bike
    '07 YZ125
    Shucks guys... That would be great!

Bike
    Suzuki RMZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    Why not a 250 4 stroke and lower it..... I can't believe I suggested a 4 stroke..... But the bonus is that it will have alot more tractor power that you can use.
    Have you ridden a CRF150R Spiked Punch? I LOVE my one, I got a fly wheel weight put in and its smoothed out the power heaps (a bit more like tractor power now as Cheese has said). Its light weight, nimble, not too tall for you, heaps of power and given that I'm just trail riding and not thrashing the sh*t out of it the maintenance hasnt been much more than any other bike (touchwood!). Just regular air filter and oil changes mainly. I FULLY recommend them!

Bike
    some honda bits in a kx chassis
    Quote Originally Posted by barty5 View Post
    Is it just me or are GasGas owners starting to sound a bit like KTM owners gg this gg that oh there is nothing better than a gg oh you couldnt pass up on a gg hell dont worry if the frame breaks youll still own a gg i dont know could just be me maybe ???????????
    You cant be referring to me, Iv posted 3 times in this thread, 4 now, and no where have I said that there is "nothing better".
    IIIRIIs post about gas-gas full stop. Lets take a look at what SP actually wants to use the bike for, trail riding, not so much mx, a mx125 will take alot of work before its nearly as trail friendly as a gas-gas or ktm. And if Yamaha wanted to build a plush, tame 125 2T then we would be recommending one of them, but seeing as they dont, and NO Japanese manufacturer does by the way, we are only left with the European bikes, and still only 3 of them.
    The only japenese trail friendly 2 stroke is the KDX, although a great bike in its own right, it is rather heavy (for a 2 stroke), and rather old design wise.

So Bart, you must be referring to someone else
    we may just go where no ones been

Bike
    2007 Yamaha WR250F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noobi View Post
    You cant be referring to me, Iv posted 3 times in this thread, 4 now, and no where have I said that there is "nothing better".
    IIIRIIs post about gas-gas full stop. Lets take a look at what SP actually wants to use the bike for, trail riding, not so much mx, a mx125 will take alot of work before its nearly as trail friendly as a gas-gas or ktm. And if Yamaha wanted to build a plush, tame 125 2T then we would be recommending one of them, but seeing as they dont, and NO Japanese manufacturer does by the way, we are only left with the European bikes, and still only 3 of them.
    The only japenese trail friendly 2 stroke is the KDX, although a great bike in its own right, it is rather heavy (for a 2 stroke), and rather old design wise.

some one needs a hug.......aw come here
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktmboy View Post im gay i like men Quote

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by noobi View Post

Steady Now boy Steady Noobi!! LOL!!!
    Just ignore it mate its either a deliberate flame or they are so bloody sensitive thats its got to the point nobody can now even discuss the pluses and minusus of European Enduro bikes without raising hackles. Bit silly really like the stupid Honda riders are gay syndrome on the rest of KB. Barty rides Yamaha and very well, but if he prefers to have a go at GG instead of promoting the vertues of the very good WR Yamaha that birchy is doing very well on, thats his choice. Mind you at 132kilos its probably not an option for Spikedpunch as the CRF250x was to heavy for Midget, so back to Euro 2 smokers. Even tho no one there makes a low seat model suitable for these riders either without trying to cut 100mm out of the seat height?? Bloody tough for all the girls, young teenagers and short arses trying to find a decent ride and bloody stupid for some manufacturer not to notice. Ktm could alter an existing model to a low seat 125 or 150 enduro 2smoker for stuff all in development costs, but the light hasn't gone on yet! DUH!!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    hopefully bringing something back to NZ
    No im just saying that people seam to get on a bike they like and thats all they are prepared to push on to people (not everyone of course) and this mostly seam to be KTM riders and starting to look like GG riders are heading the same way. And yes all honda riders are GAY geeee where have you been
    [SIGPIC][/SIG

Bike
    '07 YZ125
    Mummy, Daddy, stop fighting!
    I'm strong 'for a girl' because I weight train 3x/week, but unless I get a lot more skilled, I wouldn't want to ride a 130kg bike. Just because I can pick it up doesn't mean I want to. 70kg curb weight (probably a couple kgs more with the aftermarket tank) is something I'll really miss about the rm.

Bike
    '07 YZ125
    Also, I don't care what brand it is, as long as it's not a honda or a fourstroke....

Thread Information