Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to buckets (A few questions)

Bike
    CBR 150.RGV250 Bucket
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendog View Post
    I have found a 1 piece will often feel really tight when standing upright. When on the bike it's not so bad. New ones will stretch a little as well.
    So make sure when trying them on to sit on a bike.
    It has been said that leathers should'nt let you stand properly. A bit of an overstatement but a good guide.
    Look on T/ME and KB for stuff for sale.
    Life is a lesson-if I bother to listen

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    there where are a few on trade me at the moment for $300
    I paid $450 for some secondhand (like brand new) 2 piece AGV leathers
    now they are a bit scruffy (hapens when you fall off to often )
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    Hyosung GT250R 2007
    Thanks guys. Ill start looking around. The FXR seems great especially if i can keep it road legal (transport to and from track) at first anyways. Will 2 peice leathers be easier to fit into?

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by TimFromTawa View Post
    Thanks guys. Ill start looking around. The FXR seems great especially if i can keep it road legal (transport to and from track) at first anyways. Will 2 peice leathers be easier to fit into?
    Favour a good quality well fitting one piece unless you get a great bargain on a two piece.

You may be able to get in and out of a two piece better but good fitting one-piece leathers are fantastic to race in, hell I would even venture as far as saying I would go faster in my one-piece race suit than my commuting leathers.

Good Leathers will last for ages if you aren't totally reckless with them. Dave must have had his for a few years now.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    What Koba said. I have a two piece zip set for touring and playing on the road bike on weekends but for racing there is nothing I'd rather crash in than a one piece.

Bike
    miWhodeXD
    I use a two-piece set. Good for road use and still OK for racing. I also agree with the others that full racing leathers are best if you plan to go hard out on fast bikes. Two-piece leathers are OK for buckets IMHO. You can choose the top and bottom sizes separately to suit your body shape. Worked for me as I'm short but broad .

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    Favour a good quality well fitting one piece

Good Leathers will last for ages if you aren't totally reckless with them. Dave must have had his for a few years now.

yep agree but I have a good 2 pce (all I could find for what I had) they have everything Knee sliders armour everywhere

and they have seen 5 years 2 broken colla boans and plenty of crashes
    they are starting to look a bit faded and thats about all
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Funny if you were mentioning this Dave, my leathers just arrived at werk 1/2 hour ago (Thanks Dusty) from being altered so I can fit my new body armour in & general patch up. I've had 2 sets of leathers after I stopped using my road ones early on in the piece. The first set were like a potato sack in leather made for an odd shaped man & I wore some mx knee guards under them. Then I bought some cheap AGV ones, crumbs it's got to be 17 yrs ago. They've been fixed & altered to add more padding as time has gone on. They're probably due for replacement in next couple of years so it will have to go in the budget.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Hyosung GT250R 2007
    Thanks guys I will keep on the prowl for some cheapies at the moment... and I will see some of you sunday. Im looking forward to seeing your bikes an what you have done to them. Also how fast the racing is...

Bike
    Hyosung GT250R 2007
    Thanks guys for showing me the buckets today i had a great time... speed whooo didnt expect them to corner quite like that hahahaha. Time to find me an FXR...

Bike
    depends
    Tim, I guess Bren's bucket isn't for you, as not road legal?
    Is a brilliant buy for someone, though.

Bike
    Hyosung GT250R 2007
    Iam assuming you mean this one here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...for-sale/page2 Provided i can get leathers and find a way to get to the track I would love to buy this bike... I have asked to go have a look at it so heres hoping.... There doesnt happen to be anyone looking at this that has an old set of leathers that would suit a taller rider (6'4"ish) ??? Hahaha

Bike
    RG Loncin Bucket, CD200 Benly
    Blog Entries
    I found a FXR today at a petrol station in Crofton Downs. It's a 1999 model. Looked in resonable condition. He wanted $1300 for it. All warrented and rego'd. Let me know if you want his number and I'll go back.
    Gingas get life...Why don't murderers and rapists?!

RAG Racing

WFactor Racing 2010 - www.wfactor.org

Bike
    Hyosung GT250R 2007
    Shit eh that sounds good but I wouldnt be able to buy it as I have my ferry ticket and trip back all sorted... thanks anyway though. Im going to keep looking in the south island and stuff... hopefully the christchurch bike im looking at all checks out sweet.

Thread Information