Thread: Hawkes Bay North Island rounds 3 and 4 this weekend

Bike
    Yamaha TZR 5o, Beta evo 2010

Hawkes Bay North Island rounds 3 and 4 this weekend

Should be good, the weather looks like it should be fine so that will help. The rain that is expected could help with a bit of grip as well. Should be a good event.

Can't wait for those big grippy rocks to chuck the bike at.

Out Dartmoor road pukitape Saturday and back of TeMata peak across the road from Craiggie range Sunday if anyone is interested at a look.

Bike
    What a cool weekend, great weather some cool sections. None better than section 4 one day one. 4 plus meter rock face just abit off vertical and A grade and expert had to do it, yer ha.

Shame I couldn't complete day 2 looked good. See that Jake got his stuff together to get a clean lap.

Next stop Alexandra hope the snow holds off for a bit longer so those rocks can be grippy as.

Bike
    XT660r
    I went out for a look yesterday morning,

Where is the switch that turns off gravity on those bikes? Straight up rock faces and bounce around and leap off again , preety cool !

My old 74 TY250a( or me) doesnt quite have the ability of the bikes and competitors in the weekend

Bike
    Its amazing what a little practice or a lot will do, just like any other discipline the good guys make it look easy.

Glad you enjoyed looking, I am sure that your old TY would be able take out a few of the grades/lines ridden in the weekend, with a bit of practice however. It is not the bike that matters as much as you think.

The Hawkes bay riders would love another rider you should get a bike.

Bike
    XT660r
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialing it View Post
    Its amazing what a little practice or a lot will do, just like any other discipline the good guys make it look easy.

Glad you enjoyed looking, I am sure that your old TY would be able take out a few of the grades/lines ridden in the weekend, with a bit of practice however. It is not the bike that matters as much as you think.

The Hawkes bay riders would love another rider you should get a bike.
    I have looked at getting another trials bike, found a TY250z a while back. liked the idea of having the A model and a Z model, and its in keeping with the rest of my Yamaha 2strokes

Dont know what there tho. Any idea if the TY250Z are worth getting and pricing?

I know a few on the HB trials guys, have been meaning to get my old TY out and have a play, Road racing my LC seems to alot of time and a trials meet hasnt happened yet

Bike
    The TYZ engine is very good, it has been up until last year used in Scorpa 2 strokes (french made trials bikes). When TYZ's came out they were rather expensive as I recall so not many sold. But were popular in Japan.
    U should be able to pick one up for $3K'ish as you are looking at a 94 bike for trials that is up there, the bike is reliable and parts can be got still.

You should get hold of Jeff, Mark, Paul, Kim or Clarke I am sure they would love to have you out there, nice relaxed enviroment to have some fun. I am sure in the Pacific club winter break there could be a trial on.
    A young guy in the club down here has started turning up with a TY175 mid 70's model. We swapped the other day with my 2010 and he was amazed the difference, having not ridden a modern bike, I was having a ball on his bike different but still the same techniques. So the bike should not be a problem to have fun on.

Bike
    XT660r
    Im getting my TY out this weekend and should take the ugly knobbly's off it and put the trials tyres back on.
    Will have to see what condition the old trials are in and sus replacing them, preety sure they will be hard and horrible by now

Whats a good trials tyre that doesn't break the bank?

Want to get down the river for a play, and take my son out on his 80 powered TY50

I was talking to your brother at Buckets on sunday, small world aye

Bike
    Yea small world.
    I can send some old tyres of mine up you way this weekend, folks coming down to see my daughter this weekend, if you want. Then you can get it from them when you want. You can only have so many practice tyres, that should get you into the sections. Then some V rubbers or Pirelli's might be the way to go. But one step at a time.
    Is the small TY a TY50 with the 80 kit? that would be cool. The river has some pretty big stuff in the way of banks, concrete slabs etc dont scare the poor boy.
    Have fun.

Bike
    XT660r
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialing it View Post
    Yea small world.
    I can send some old tyres of mine up you way this weekend, folks coming down to see my daughter this weekend, if you want. Then you can get it from them when you want. You can only have so many practice tyres, that should get you into the sections. Then some V rubbers or Pirelli's might be the way to go. But one step at a time.
    Is the small TY a TY50 with the 80 kit? that would be cool. The river has some pretty big stuff in the way of banks, concrete slabs etc dont scare the poor boy.
    Have fun.
    The tyres will be great thanks, I will see Simon at the club meeting next tuesday.

The TY50 is a 18inch front 16inch rear model with a 80 engine in it, Have for enough bits to build another one as well,

I think the Proper TY80's had 16 front and 14 rear and differnt swing arm pivot point, The TY50's had lights, blinkers and full road kit for use as a get to work bike

I will tey and get my camers to work and post some pics

Bike
    XT660r
    Thanks heaps for the tyre's !

Will take off the wheels this weekend and change tyres and get the brake shoes rebonded with new linings, it still has the original 1974 shoes and they are harder than the drums lol
    Will change the front sprocket back to stock as i put a 1 tooth bigger on for road use when I rode it to work years ago

Looking forward to having a play on it

Bike
    XT660r
    Took the TY250, TY 50/80 and put the engine back in the parts bike and went to the river today,
    My son has figured out he can start and ride my 250 easily, and I taught my sons freind how to ride on the 50/80.

A mate has bought a Fantic 305 and is keen on doing some Trials too,

Wheels coming off the 250 tomorro for the new tyres.

Goodbye to the 20 plus year old Chingshin and Nankang

Bike
    Thats good to hear. No need to practice too much. May get some bad habits forming .... by being to good. Off to the local club day for you guys then?
    The tyres should make a difference but the rocks will provide grip with anything up your way.

Bike
    XT660r
    Quote Originally Posted by RDjase View Post

Wheels coming off the 250 tomorro for the new tyres.
    Tomorro took a long time....................fitted them(and new brake shoes) a few days ago. Been hibernating for winter and doing house renovations

Feel much better even riding around the house, can climb up the concrete ledge on the south side of my house on the slippery concrete

Might try and get to the river today, depends on how much more my son an I get done on his new FXR bucket, and if my car will be able to even get to the river with all this rain

Thread Information