Thread: Kopu Hikuais / Neavesville side of the road trail

Bike
    2004 Honda CRF250R

Kopu Hikuais / Neavesville side of the road trail

Hey all,

The other week I finally had the chance to check out the track on the right side of the road about 6kms before the Whangamata turn off. After driving past it for years it was great to finally get in there and check it out.

What a great free ride. We ended up going about 15km in following a 4wd track that started to get pretty tough. Got to a large bog at the top of a hill so turned back to the carpark.

Just wondering if anyone else has explored this area or has some more info on where the tracks actually lead to? We only came across one tramper out there who kindly pointed out we had taken the harder option.

Cheers,
    Ryan.

Bike
    300EXC
    Yeh im pretty sure we've done that spot, except we went right the way through. We had to get ropes to pull our bikes up. Wasnt my best offroad experience considering it was dark and we only had 2 bikes with lights. Thinking about it now it was rather hilerious. Would do it again if my headlight worked haha. I've never been so physically exhausted from offroading in my life after that ride. Was so crazy

Bike
    2004 Honda CRF250R
    Sounds like you must have gone when it was pretty wet? It was certainly a challenging track but nothing too over the top other than the bog that made us turn around.

Bike
    Yamaha TDM
    was that the place with a bit of a carpark.. ?
    we youst to call it the gravel pit ride...
    not to sure if i got the right spot..........
    big down hill.. and lots of rivers to cross?
    And that is the honest truth your honour..

Bike
    Honda CRF250X
    Quote Originally Posted by vazza View Post
    Yeh im pretty sure we've done that spot, except we went right the way through. We had to get ropes to pull our bikes up. Wasnt my best offroad experience considering it was dark and we only had 2 bikes with lights. Thinking about it now it was rather hilerious. Would do it again if my headlight worked haha. I've never been so physically exhausted from offroading in my life after that ride. Was so crazy
    Ye winter is nearly here got all the proper lights now on bike and helmet lights.
    www.offroadimports.co.nz Stompgrip Road And Dirt, Hyde Hard Parts, BT Handguards, Scorpion Rad Braces.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM View Post
    Sounds like you must have gone when it was pretty wet? It was certainly a challenging track but nothing too over the top other than the bog that made us turn around.
    we went further than 15k, and theres many tracks off the main one that are much harder

apparently we arnt allowed to talk about it on this forum

Thread Information