View Poll Results: Would you live in NZ if there was no financial system?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 24.58%
  • No

24 20.34%
  • Unsure

6 5.08%
  • Don't Care

7 5.93%
  • Yes, but it will never happen

28 23.73%
  • No, because it will never happen

24 20.34%
Page 4 of 143 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: My first poll for the NZ public

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    In material terms, maybe. But could the whole world live like you do?
    And if they could, would you be satisfied to live at your current level of materialism, or would you expect to be proportionally better off?
    What?

Did you not hear me, Like a King, Fuck everyone else.

Peasants.

But seriously, I ain't talking material goods, I'm talking ample food, clothing, education, healthcare, a roof over my head, a warm bed. The shit people take for granted. You get rid of money aint no fucker going to provide any of that out of goodwill.

Hell, I remember my dear old Mum having to go door knocking to get clothes for us to wear, and those clothes had patches over patches and were still passed down the line, and having a single meal which was eaten all week...the fucker was made to last by adding water ffs.

And we were rich compared to the neighbours......

Bike
    Suzuki Marauder VZ800
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Did you not hear me, Like a King, Fuck everyone else.

Peasants.
    Are you a libertarian? Libertarians seem to like feudalism.

I fear we, by virtue of certain structural elements in the construction of this brave new world we inhabit, are selecting for sociopathy over any community sense and connection. Apart from this being ethically repugnant, I doubt the experiment will end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    You get rid of money aint no fucker going to provide any of that out of goodwill
    I agree wholeheartedly, outside of the Monkeysphere. You do realise this is an argument against charity and in favour of the welfare state, don't you?
    Redefining slow since 2006...

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    You would first have to be able to decipher the shit from the wisdom... and I fear, only judging by your reponses, that you would have an epic fail on your hands in that respect.
    good you have worked out the value of your topics, I see you don't get off the couch these days to take a break from watching 'days of our lives'.

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Listen, chelloveck, you leave my droogs out of this.

WEALTH isn't necessarily measured in money.

Where does a steady-state (no growth) economy fit in your list of options?

Your question seems very confused, to me.
    Read the post again, Wealth & money are not the same.
    I'm confused to, so I don't take ,mashmans posts seriously.

Bike
    zx12
    Mashman, you're probably a nice enough person in real life but I'm tired of hearing your heresy about abolishing the financial system. No one has had a real good go at you personally so I'm gonna take that flaming-mission upon myself.

You troll fag, your lame arguments make no sense and are completely invalidated by empirical evidence.

50,000,000 people have registered their dislike eh? Where have they registered? Please provide evidence of 50,000,000 names and signatures.

Has the system obviously failed us? Sez you writing your ideas on your imported computer and riding your imported motorbike. Alll the jobs you've ever had have relied upon imported (or someone else's) goods; the engines on someone else's fishing boats, the alcohol served at the bars you've "bouncered" at, the products you support at the helpdesk you work for. You have no value unless you're working with other peoples assets.

Using an abstract idea like money is simply an extension on the barter system. Exchanging goods and services using something ethereal allowed people to move out of subsistence and agratorial living.

If you're sooooo keen on abolishing the financial system why don't you adopt a utilitarian viewpoint and give all your income to the more needy. That will mean living on the street along with the lowest of the low but that's what you're proposing.

You've previously said that you have all the $$ you need and that you're happy enough. Ah, bullshit, you're constantly complaining, you're around 30 years old and you work on a salary; like everyone else, you have unlimited wants and limited means.

I think you're just a complaining little noob bitch who hasn't achieved the American dream, have resigned yourself to mediocrity but still live on the edge by posting these repetitive whiny threads.

Meh meh meh-ity meh

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Mashman: "untill some form of gubmint finds my job "financialy related" and then you can go surf, fuck about, help out a mate etc" I'm just a country boy, what do you mean by that ? My job @ the moment would be quite helpfull to the community, but why would I clear a vets blocked shitter....I don't have any pets. I suppose the vet may have fixed an animal for the guy who made my shoes but thats a pretty big leap of faith.
    Actually...... while typing this I was thinking about this hypothesis (fark a big word and I havn't had a drink yet) and it would be great if it did happen, I think I can see how it would work, BUT with all due respect my friend, I think you need to get out more, It's a cold hard world out there and I can't see it happening at all, people have been screwing each other over for thousands of years, it's gunna take longer to un-breed it out of the human race, and besides we only have to hang in here for another 2 years.......2012 remember
    There's lots i'd like to reply to, but I've had too much to drink. Sorry about your broken shitters. I've been out there plenty enough to see the shit we produce thanks. People have been screwing people over for years without all of our benefits. Technology does work ya know.

You don't breed it out. You educate it out. What does a kid know of finance, power and influence unless we teach it?

LOL@2012
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopperus View Post
    Mashman, you're probably a nice enough person in real life but I'm tired of hearing your heresy about abolishing the financial system. No one has had a real good go at you personally so I'm gonna take that flaming-mission upon myself.

You troll fag, your lame arguments make no sense and are completely invalidated by empirical evidence.
    Whereas I feel I have enough evidence to suggest that a financial system is worse for humanity than a non financial system and would like to try something different please. something that hasn't been tried yet. What other alternatives do YOU propose?

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopperus
    50,000,000 people have registered their dislike eh? Where have they registered? Please provide evidence of 50,000,000 names and signatures.
    Just a quote off the tele the other night. If the government can throw unsubstantiated figures about, then why can't I. But why would they lie? To "convert" crack pots like me. Look I have no illusion that what I'm proposing is preposterous, but my reasons for it being preposterous sound completely different to yours.

Has the system obviously failed us? Sez you writing your ideas on your imported computer and riding your imported motorbike. Alll the jobs you've ever had have relied upon imported (or someone else's) goods; the engines on someone else's fishing boats, the alcohol served at the bars you've "bouncered" at, the products you support at the helpdesk you work for. You have no value unless you're working with other peoples assets.
    I appreciate that fact... well enough to respect that there is indeed a global community and the world doesn't end at the end of my street... monkeysphere or no.

Using an abstract idea like money is simply an extension on the barter system. Exchanging goods and services using something ethereal allowed people to move out of subsistence and agratorial living.
    I understand why money was used and it's not because it improved peoples lives. It just made valuing things open to market forces... instant fail in my book. But hindsight.

If you're sooooo keen on abolishing the financial system why don't you adopt a utilitarian viewpoint and give all your income to the more needy. That will mean living on the street along with the lowest of the low but that's what you're proposing.

That's what's going to happen anyway if myself or my family of the time don't have enough money to bridge that gap.

You've previously said that you have all the $$ you need and that you're happy enough. Ah, bullshit, you're constantly complaining, you're around 30 years old and you work on a salary; like everyone else, you have unlimited wants and limited means.
    I am 40 this year, I work on a salary, I have unlimited wants and my means do dictate what I can and can't have. But I have so much more than "others", that it actually seems unfair to me when I think about it. Why should I have more than someone else? what do they do for me? they cloth me, feed me, provide me with water etc... and what do i do for them, I pay some taxes so that they can get some credits because their employer doesn't pay the enough to live a life that isn't just as well paid on the dole. If that's the case, something needs to change and there's 1 recurring theme.

I think you're just a complaining little noob bitch who hasn't achieved the American dream, have resigned yourself to mediocrity but still live on the edge by posting these repetitive whiny threads.

Meh meh meh-ity meh
    On this subject this is only the 2nd thread I think... the rest have been bent to my will I'm just offering a potential alternative... you snivelling postule of mouse sputum...

I feel like i live on the edge of danger with every word I write... I could destroy world leaders with a stroke of my pen, stabbing at their uncalculating hearts everytime it hits the paper, forming letters that spell out the doom of mankind if they can't get their fuc....... is that the time... Night.

Bike
    Suzuki Marauder VZ800
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    Mashman, if this is true how do I count my money, er sorry, WEALTH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    Read the post again, Wealth & money are not the same.
    Eh? Wotcha on about?
    Redefining slow since 2006...

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    The current system is based on economic growth.
    Very soon,growth will be impossible due to resource limits, and the system will collapse.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    What do the beneficiaries receive in order to be classed as beneficiaries?
    Handouts.

Of cash normally

So no cash = no beneficiaries?
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    The current system is based on economic growth.
    Very soon,growth will be impossible due to resource limits, and the system will collapse.
    Totally agree.

Collapse is a certainty, The human race is well over due for a "correction" or dieback.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    So no cash = no beneficiaries?
    Correct.... in the financial sense

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Mashman: "untill some form of gubmint finds my job "financialy related" and then you can go surf, fuck about, help out a mate etc" I'm just a country boy, what do you mean by that ?
    No form of government would do it because under a resource based economy the government is not in power as such... the only reason we have a governmnet is so the look after the money WE give them... of course under resource based economy there is no money...

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Correct.... in the financial sense
    So they will still be leeching off others anyway??

So then what is changed?
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    So they will still be leeching off others anyway??

So then what is changed?
    Yes.

That's the point I guess. Nothing really changes, we just don't have money and the associated crime/desire that it brings etc... I have no doubt there'll be a raft of other issues to deal with...

Thread Information