View Poll Results: Would you live in NZ if there was no financial system?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 24.58%
  • No

24 20.34%
  • Unsure

6 5.08%
  • Don't Care

7 5.93%
  • Yes, but it will never happen

28 23.73%
  • No, because it will never happen

24 20.34%
Page 5 of 143 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: My first poll for the NZ public

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Yes.

That's the point I guess. Nothing really changes, we just don't have money and the associated crime/desire that it brings etc... I have no doubt there'll be a raft of other issues to deal with...
    ANYTHING of value brings 'associated crime/desire'....money is just easier to carry than three tons of elephant tusks..
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    Mashman, if this is true how do I count my money, er sorry, WEALTH.
    why does there need to be wealth over other... oh right pure greed... that is a frame of mind...

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Where does a steady-state (no growth) economy fit in your list of options?

Your question seems very confused, to me. Are you trying to ask if we can live in a society without the overhead that the financial services sector imposes on the productive sector? That would still need money, or barter, or some means of exchange, which you seem to rule out as well. If you're talking about an economy based purely on goodwill and mutual giving (not exchange) that can work, only up to the Dunbar number. Beyond that, you need some mutually accepted exchange medium (shells, gold, slaves, faith in the US... whatever).
    You don't need to have any form of trade or barter, or money in a resourse base economy... the resources on the planet are all of ours not yours, not mine, not the oil tycoons... they belong to every one... so it is a simple matter of sharing them evenly. You have to get out of your head that you want something for an item you no longer require, or that you have to pay for something that you need.

We teach our children to share... yet as adults we don't really share at all, we take, then say if you want some of this give me something in return.

under a resourse base economy you could say there is a form of trade, the resources of the area, any leftovers go to areas that are short on those resources, they supply resources they are higher on to another community and that community does the same to another till you get a community that has what you are after..

The only thing that is stop humans from making the switch or change is greed, and the greed is from the top 10% of the population who are control and manipulating you, as a modern day slave to the system. We all know money is false in the first place. every dollar you have in your pocket is owed 5 or 6 dollars and is actually worthless... If the reserve bank wanted to call all its loans, there would be no money in circulation and there still would be money owed... I society based around debt right from the very begining is set out to fail.

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Someone seems to have mistaken people for ants.

It could work, if we were mindless drones.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    ANYTHING of value brings 'associated crime/desire'....money is just easier to carry than three tons of elephant tusks..
    ha ha ha... but all a financial system does is promote the value of goods and services. Best place to start would be getting rid of it and associated blah blah.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post

But that's the thing. From our perspective, you are the mindless drones. You need to work for money. If you didn't you'd end up on the streets apparantly, unless your Whanau can look after you.

A resourced based economy example.

We have a problem. Damaged and uncontrollable hair. Cure, shampoo. Shit, which one do I choose. Ah, the one that best suits my hair. Ok there's 10 in the range for me to chose from. Go with the cheapest. Why is it cheaper, who the fuck knows, but i saved a couple of bucks. They all know what they're doing.

We have a problem. Damaged and uncontrollable hair. Cure, shampoo. Shit, which one do I choose. Ah, the one that best suits my hair. Glad I live in a place where i can all but guarentee that the shampoo that's going onto my head is the one that is the absolute best tried and tested for my hair... How do i know this?

Because in that place, companies only make products that are absolutely necessary to make and if a chick wants to look good, then why not. So we're makin the stuff. Companies also have a product comparison meeting. So our 10 shampoo companies will sit around at the end of a table and will pick out the best 3 from the 10 for each category of hair. Why would you do this. Because it's more cost effective in terms of production. You would still have 1000 units on the shelves, but you would have only 3 items to chose from that you KNOW will do the job (why 3, variances), safe in the knowledge that it's tried and tested and even the competition signs it off. The will have all innovated and competed to be the best. but 7 companies have not gone into full production (and wasted valuable resources) because their product did not make the grade. At that point in time the top 3 make their formulas available to the other 9 competitors and we start redevelopment from there, with everyone starting with the same and coming up with the BEST.

Simple when you think about it. Unless of course someone chucks in a wad of millions and a bunch of money grabbing incompetents follow. But the money drones just keep on going
    Last edited by mashman; 17th April 2010 at 11:44. Reason: added information sharing

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    But that's the thing. From our perspective, you are the mindless drones.
    Your words not mine, why did you not place this statement in the leading thread, shit this makes me laugh.
    So basically to live in a non financial system we would be no more than bacteria wriggling around under reflex action.

Bike
    my little pony
    What is the difficulty in separating money from wealth. Money is purely that, a measurement that can iclude some wealth, via cash, gold precious stones and metal to name some.
    Wealth is more of your resources. Yes resources can earn money but is far more open, as money is but one measurement.
    Your wealth is your ability to think, physical mobility, well being. Obviously the ability to sweep the the street, be a plumber or a vet is your wealth, and it is not necessarily created equal, hence or the barter and trading mentioned in other posts, which is then trying to tie back to a physical measurement, money not being one of the options.

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by NighthawkNZ View Post
    why does there need to be wealth over other... oh right pure greed... that is a frame of mind...
    Money buys your motorcycle, but how do you measure your enjoyment and state of mind derived from actually riding it.

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy

Well whats the other option....rampant greed leading to collapse? Which is what I think we're heading for. The question I propose is how do we stop it affecting N.Z? How do we stop millions of refugees.....How many people do we want in this country?
    I think we're one of very few countries that do have a chance of avoiding the effects because of our isolation....we should be planning for it.
    Aussie is already talking seriously about what are they going to do when thier population reaches 35 million which its projected to reach by 2050(?) in a land already struggling to support the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopperus View Post
    I think you're just a complaining little noob bitch who hasn't achieved the American dream, have resigned yourself to mediocrity but still live on the edge by posting these repetitive whiny threads.

Meh meh meh-ity meh
    Seems like youre suffering from Status Anxiety.... who the fuck in thier right mind would like to live that shit dream? The land of Hypocrisy that parades as Democracy? The land that promotes "winning" as the ultimate prize? So you make a society that if theyre not one of the chosen few, turn to religion for salvation or are forever unhappy that they're not a winner,but just a Butcher or Baker or Candlestick maker, & so that person who might be a good manager at McDonalds will feel he's a failure 'cause he's not a stock trader or a CEO ....
    Without money you wont be able to buy any of that shit on no deposit ,no interest, no repayments for 3 years etc etc....thereby none of us would have a debt, consequently the country wouldnt be so broke...a good poll would be "Who is not in debt"....
    The Heart is the drum keeping time for everyone....

Bike
    Bikes!
    Remember hippy fucktards, down the road, not across the street.

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    Well whats the other option....rampant greed leading to collapse? Which is what I think we're heading for. The question I propose is how do we stop it affecting N.Z? How do we stop millions of refugees.....
    I'd nominate poor management rather then greed as our downfall, And it will be a time of famine, Pestilence, lawlessness, warfare, oppression and rule by force. Not the cute working together communities envisioned by some.

How do we stop it affecting NZ?

Lmfao.

As if we could.

If your worried it will happen in your lifetime, stock up on some guns, be ready to head bush.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Remember hippy fucktards, down the road, not across the street.
    no detail = post a waste of time

Bike
    Blog Entries
    If your worried it will happen in your lifetime, stock up on some guns, be ready to head bush.
    I'm worried about a number of things happening in my lifetime... too many of them actually having passed by... Violence on the scale you're talking about is not my first thought... even though it is likely to occur at any given moment. It'll take all of 1 seconds for people to destroy themselves. Once physical "cash" is no longer accepted as legal tender, flick the switch and no more money available to those they chose to have none. And if you're on a "cleansing" mission, it's the most simple, effective way to do it. Build up enough of a dependency, then just take it away. Like you say, best be armed for that time. Or agree on a plan so that we don't all fuck each other over when the time comes. It'll be easy to survive if you're prepared... and "we can help you Get through" to borrow a strap line (we being anyone). Because if you only do your job for money, noone works, fuel does not get delivered, food does not get produced, the electrical supply will stop etc... when it's gone.

I still think it can be done. I still think we have time. It all depends on wether those who need to know, actually find out about what's being proposed instead of worshipping their $$$... gotta keep that economy boiling eh!

Bike
    Speed Triple
    My plan is to watch Mad Max 1 & 2 at least once a week.....On my 50" Plasma, which currently has 3 consoles, 2 computers, a digital recorder,an amp, and a DVD player plugged into it.

Oh yeah.

Bike
    my little pony
    Your plan reminds me of the whitey capitalist farmers in Zimbabwe that got chased off the farms. When the locals turned up to distribute the crops amoung themselves ironically none had magicly been sown and grown by themselves.
    Starved locals and whitey farmer gets blamed again.

Thread Information