Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So poor riding or bad road conditions? What do you think is going on?

Bike
    2008 R6

So poor riding or bad road conditions? What do you think is going on?

Check out this video...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqevtmpSp7w

Now forget the first 1:30 or so... the guys crashing on corner entry are obviously screwing up. However, the guys on corner exit.... I pose the question. Do you think it is rider error or something like antifreeze on the road?

Bike
    R100GSPD
    some bad riding in the early part but definetly seems to be something on the road there.some well prepared riders too i see

Bike
    1986 Honda Goldwing aspencade GL1200
    yeh the first guy had given up on the corner, he was looking way out of the corner, the others seem to be going down under acceleration at about the same spot,
    couild be just too much throttle, low gear and a shiny spot on the road.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Did he lock up the back wheel?
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    1986 Honda Goldwing aspencade GL1200
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Did he lock up the back wheel?
    yeh I think he did, he pretty much ta;lked himself out of iit I think, also the other blokes going down are still into a lean when increasing speed, the guys gettin through ok, have the bike up before increasing speed.

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
    yeh the first guy had given up on the corner, he was looking way out of the corner
    Given up? He didn't even try - he was looking straight ahead the whole time. At t he point where his rear wheel locked up and starts coming around he could have been looking through the corner and pushing real hard on the left bar to tip in and make th corner - it doesn't look like he's going too fast for the corner.

The rest of them are a mix bag. A couple are due to choppy throttle or just too much too soon - though I did notice that a number of them are as they go through the middle of the lane so it could possibly be due to diesel/contaminants in that middle part of the road, it certainly doesn't look like it rains much there! Also they don't seem to have a whole lot of speed leading (or lean in previous corners) and then proceed to go for more and more as they come past the camera - perhaps a little bit of showing off mixed with tyres that aren't warmed up/previously worn out to the edge?
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    . .
    Poor riding all of it. There are no bad road conditions. Just dicks using the road as a race track.

Bike
    2008 R6
    Man I don't know. There is A LOT of Hamfistery going on for sure. Obviously all the guys that hit the guardrail on corner entry were screw ups. The first guy target fixated, the guy on the blue R6 that lost the shoe hit the front brakes...etc. But geez the 2nd guy on another blue bike is pretty smooth and he was pretty far into the exit and lost the back end.... a few other guys low siding from losing the back end on corner exit IMO is very strange. Another bizarre thing is they are all crashing going in the same direction. Why is that? I'm thinking that there is probably a combination of significant lean angle, plus something a tad slick (diesel or antifreeze which can stick around for quite a while - as was mentioned little rain)... and as they got on the throttle they used up what little traction they had left and lost the back end.

That's my guess.

Bike
    Hornet 599
    Blog Entries
    I like how at the first crash the guy says "slow down you idiot" haha.

Bike
    A few
    Tube of vasaline wiped on the road and head up into the hills for an afternoons videoing !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    some bad riding in the early part but definetly seems to be something on the road there.some well prepared riders too i see
    Somethng on the road I'd say. A journo severely bent a new Multistrada (and himself) in Sardinia i believe due to black sand on black asphalt. Doesn't have to be diesel
    "Age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill"

Bike
    '95 Bandit 250
    Blog Entries
    Some extremely bad riding - Of another kind - Here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36R8n...eature=related
    The only stupid question is a question not asked!

Bike
    the road is dirty, a lot of sand, and dust...
    and a lot of people care about how cool they'll look in the picture not at what happen on a dirty road if you turn the throttle to fast with 180 hp....

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DL 650
    I think the camera positioned on the inside of the corner has a lot to do with it

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Bastard View Post
    Some extremely bad riding - Of another kind - Here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36R8n...eature=related
    Hell, that could have ended a lot worse than it did......

Thread Information