Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Key stuck in seat lock mechanism

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheeljunkie View Post
    its stuck halfway of a turn. so its at 45 degrees. i dont think its the lock barrel but the mechanism thats connected to it holding the seat. but i could be wrong. what you think?
    if it's anything like the VFR, the mechanism presses on a lever that does the actual opening, so it shouldn't be able to get stuck from a seat end... Any way you can pull a piece of fairing off to get at it?

Bike
    hornetalicious
    yeaa im gonna try pull the back fairing off, will require abt of bending of the seat though but cud be the best option.
    For those of you whose use the fast lane on motorways and only do a 100km/hr, can you pls use the middle lane, some of us like to ride at 105km/hr thank you very much.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    If it absolutely will not come out, take take the bike to someone with a little angle grinder or dremel, and start cutting around the key. Do the maths on what's expensive and whats not, and start cutting off the least expensive bits. Eventually, you will get your key back at least.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    Ridiculously worthless advice DB.

Bike
    Hornet 599
    Blog Entries
    Turn it all the opposite way and see if you can move it.

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    If it absolutely will not come out, take take the bike to someone with a little angle grinder or dremel, and start cutting around the key. Do the maths on what's expensive and whats not, and start cutting off the least expensive bits. Eventually, you will get your key back at least.
    On a Hyosung this would result in starting cutting at the top of the tank and finishing at the sump, amirite?

Although let's face it, this would only be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    Too many to count
    This happens to me whenever i fail to put the seat back on properly and accidentally force it locked... good luck it takes a fair bit of wiggling as for you either the seat is holding the lock too tight to move it or the lock itself has locked up for some reason...

could be worse - your one and only set of keys could be UNDER the seat

Bike
    hornetalicious
    ahahaha DB.

always seeing the cup half full eh andrew
    For those of you whose use the fast lane on motorways and only do a 100km/hr, can you pls use the middle lane, some of us like to ride at 105km/hr thank you very much.

Bike
    Hornet 599
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    This happens to me whenever i fail to put the seat back on properly and accidentally force it locked... good luck it takes a fair bit of wiggling as for you either the seat is holding the lock too tight to move it or the lock itself has locked up for some reason...

Or you could take the cable (that unlocks the seat) off to lube and then you decide to go for a ride and put the seat back on

Bike
    '08 DR650
    S'not that hard to get a new key... or do you have HISS? Dont bother trying to remove the side plastics without the seat first, you'll fook em where they bolt on at the front

Bike
    THE XS is GONE, long live the across
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post

Yeah, thats nto fun, you gotta try to shake the keys into a place you can squeeze your fingers under the seat, and theres no way you can really do it because of the shape, and its not easy to tip the bike in the way you need

Bike
    hornetalicious
    got it sussed guys, thank god. Ehab came around and found that the holes that are covered by the grab rail looks directly at the lock mechanism. It was just stuck. Thanks for all the advice!

Thread Information