Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Key stuck in seat lock mechanism

Bike
    hornetalicious

Key stuck in seat lock mechanism

hey guys..geez its been a while since i visited this site. anywayz ive gone and got my ONlLY (yes im an idiot for not having a spare) stuck in the seat lock mechanism of my hornet 900. ive tried crc (yup this is the first time gods holy juice didnt work!!) . are they any hornet experts out there that know how to tackle this issue.
    For those of you whose use the fast lane on motorways and only do a 100km/hr, can you pls use the middle lane, some of us like to ride at 105km/hr thank you very much.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Patience and calm will be the winner here. Leave it for a bit. Try lifting the key and GENTLY pull. DO that through all points of the dial. GENTLY mind. Then repeat while moving the seat a bit. It wont be the lock at fault I am sure it will be the locking bar or lever that is seized.

Have you tried swearing lots? Sometimes that helps too. Whatever you do, be GENTLE and dont break the key off in the lock. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    hornetalicious
    thanks mom, you know im really in a swearing mood but u know your right, i think patience with the situation here is key (excuse the pun)...ill try your advise. fingers crossed it works.
    For those of you whose use the fast lane on motorways and only do a 100km/hr, can you pls use the middle lane, some of us like to ride at 105km/hr thank you very much.

Bike
    A few
    Open and slam the seat a few times, now the crc has had time to work it's magic !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Hey bro that happened a few times to me on the viffer and it just took a lot of pushing the seat down where it locks and turning the key again and again until I hit the right spot kinda thing and the pressure gets taken off the mechanism.

You ain't in at uni are ya?

LOL almost as bad as once my key got stuck in the ON position when I rushed to uni for a presentation! Was sweating my balls off thinking I was gonna have to leave the key in the ignition and on haha, brute force and desperation fixed that one!

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    Hey bro that happened a few times to me on the viffer and it just took a lot of pushing the seat down where it locks and turning the key again and again until I hit the right spot kinda thing and the pressure gets taken off the mechanism.

You ain't in at uni are ya?

LOL almost as bad as once my key got stuck in the ON position when I rushed to uni for a presentation! Was sweating my balls off thinking I was gonna have to leave the key in the ignition and on haha, brute force and desperation fixed that one!
    I owned a little Yay maha when I was a student nurse. Made no difference if I left the key in or not. The ignition barrel was so stuffed almost anything would turn it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I owned a little Yay maha when I was a student nurse. Made no difference if I left the key in or not. The ignition barrel was so stuffed almost anything would turn it.
    Haha yeah and here I was not being able to even turn the bike OFF with the KEY! Lol not great preparation for the presentation in front of important clients!

Bike
    hornetalicious
    you gotta good point sinfull, ill let the crc sit in it for abit. ahaha rob i wud be sweating my balls too if it was stuck in the ignition barrel in the on mode. sweet soo its a just a matter of getting the right position and the right force on the seat eh..guess my studies will be interupted quite a bit today..Any more advice would be appreciated.

lucky the weathers shit and the bike is at home.

Bike
    Hornet 599
    Blog Entries
    Try WD40 or 5.56

Bike
    Eurotrash
    My guess is that the seat hasn't fully locked into place, so as others have suggested, put pressure on the seat and wiggle the key carefully

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheeljunkie View Post
    you gotta good point sinfull, ill let the crc sit in it for abit. ahaha rob i wud be sweating my balls too if it was stuck in the ignition barrel in the on mode. sweet soo its a just a matter of getting the right position and the right force on the seat eh..guess my studies will be interupted quite a bit today..Any more advice would be appreciated.

lucky the weathers shit and the bike is at home.
    Yeah for me it was a matter of the seat having too much upwards pressure against the mechanism so the lock couldn't pull aside... Is your seat on or off? Oh wait your key's stuck, oops was thinking seat was stuck. Ignore my comments haha.

Good catching ya on the motorway the other day though haha talk about timing! That was a mint stoppie at 160kph

Bike
    hornetalicious
    its sinking in as we speak.

Bike
    hornetalicious
    yeaa the seat in jammed in soo eveyones given the same advice, so ill put pressure on it and just wiggle it.. stoppie at 160? ahh i wish? u sure it was me you saw? hahaha

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    The lock barrel could have rotated a bit in its mount, make sure you try the key in all the different positions you can get it in.

Is it stuck hard as in won't move at all or loose but just won't come out (like it's turned to the wrong position)?

Bike
    hornetalicious
    Quote Originally Posted by jono035 View Post
    The lock barrel could have rotated a bit in its mount, make sure you try the key in all the different positions you can get it in.

Is it stuck hard as in won't move at all or loose but just won't come out (like it's turned to the wrong position)?
    its stuck halfway of a turn. so its at 45 degrees. i dont think its the lock barrel but the mechanism thats connected to it holding the seat. but i could be wrong. what you think?

Thread Information