Page 5 of 147 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Police killing us again!

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by miloking View Post
    why should I
    Because you'd have a higher likelihood of being killed by the amount of out of control fucktards that would be on the road if they just let them get away with it.

Bike
    '95 Bandit 250
    Blog Entries
    This has to be one of the Hottest threads for a while... There are currently 30 users browsing this thread. (24 members and 6 guests)
    The only stupid question is a question not asked!

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I don't altogether agree witha 'police should never pursue' approach
    but - I wonder, if the cop clocked a car at 154 kph, just how fast did he imagine he was going to have to go himself, to catch said speeding car, allowing for the time he would have lost doing his three point turn?

Anyone want to work it out or estimate it? To catch a car travelling at 154kph, from a standing start, giving the pursued vehicle a start of , say 3 minutes, how fast to catch it within 5 km?
    At 150kmhr the car would cover 2.5km every minute, so even with only a 1 minute head start the cop would have to do over 300kmhr to catch him with 5k.

Was a horrible, needless tragedy, and my condolences to all who knew Paul.

A quick question though, what is the relative frequencies of these incidents with cars/trucks? I can't recall any but it may be cos I'm a biker so remember biker stuff more.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    1999 yamaha R1
    Anyone want to work it out or estimate it? To catch a car travelling at 154kph, from a standing start, giving the pursued vehicle a start of , say 3 minutes, how fast to catch it within 5 km?
    I'm no mathmatician, far from it...but the copper would have to take that commy over 300 to catch up wouldnt he? 154km/hr x 3 mins = 7.7kms from the start of the coppers chase...from there the maths eludes me.......
    A nice Pit

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    At 154 kmh for 3 minutes the car has already travelled 7.7 km. Therefore for the cop to catch the car in only 5 km with a start of 3 minutes the cop will need to make time go backwards. In theory this may be possible at an average speed of around 1.5 C where C is the speed of light.

T^2= T'^2*(1 - V^2/C^2)
    Time to ride

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by miloking View Post
    IT IS! because the cop could clearly see that the chase has been going on for while and offender is just not goint to pull over...so now its just a waiting game until the "retard" hits someone (for price of speeding ticket). If they call off the chase like they are directed nobody gets hurt...but sadly cops dont give a flying fuck about other people on the roads when chasing the $$$$

Acutaly i dont even condone chasing criminals (not just speeders), why should I or my family die on the next corner because someone escaped prison or something and cops want to have some fun on high speed chase!

Life is too fucking short to be killed for nothing (especialy by NZ police)!

It's still not the cops fault for killing someone unless the police vehicle has a collision with another vehicle. If cops didn't chase criminals, then every second criminal would be robbing banks all day long knowing that they won't get caught. Vehicle theft would increase dramatically as well, as would almost every other crime. Murderers, rapists and kiddy fiddlers would have a field day. Great idea isn't it!

Bike
    Honda
    Given the rate at which careless driving by cops kills motorcyclists (and they don't appear to give a shit about it),
    Not to get in the way of a good public lynching and mass hysteria, but does anyone actually have the figures and examples of other cases to back up Ixions claims?

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Cat View Post
    Better pic...Attachment 204967
    Unbeliveable to think this wasa safe place to do a U turn
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    What a crazy place to do a u-turn!!
    Bloody crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    That sounds right. I've seen the very same behaviour by a cop on double yellows on SH5.
    I (personally) have seen it on Lincoln Road, Henderson in rush hour!!
    but - I wonder, if the cop clocked a car at 154 kph, just how fast did he imagine he was going to have to go himself, to catch said speeding car, allowing for the time he would have lost doing his three point turn?

I would imagine while executing this dumb ass (killer) manover he would have been on the radio at the same time!!!!

RIP Paul and condolances to friends and family

Bike
    2005 GSXR750
    What a tragic loss of life. The picture of the accident scene is just awful.

Bike
    dr650

154kph = 2.56 kilometres per minute, so in 3 mins the car will already be about 7.5km away!
    Last edited by cromagnon; 19th April 2010 at 13:17. Reason: Too slow :(

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex

Did you just pluck the figure of 3 minutes out of your arse?

Is the cop going to sit there and roll a fag before setting off in pursuit?

Bike
    2007 Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm
    we saw 7 or 8 cop cars go screaming thru te kauwhata with sirens and lights blaring. We thought it must be a hostage or gun involvment.
    I hope they needed the entire waikato police force to preserve the crime scene, and not contaminate it.
    even 1 hr after the first car blazed thru, they were still headed out there.
    "I saw, I came, I conquered".

Bike
    750 auw
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Did you just pluck the figure of 3 minutes out of your arse?

Is the cop going to sit there and roll a fag before setting off in pursuit?
    Judging by the (apparent) quality of decision making I'd say it was a doobie that he was rolling.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    That would be the protection detail for the offender...
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    2007 Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    At 154 kmh for 3 minutes the car has already travelled 7.7 km. Therefore for the cop to catch the car in only 5 km with a start of 3 minutes the cop will need to make time go backwards. In theory this may be possible at an average speed of around 1.5 C where C is the speed of light.

T^2= T'^2*(1 - V^2/C^2)
    his first problem lies in the fact that his acceleration to the speed required (1.5c), would have to be instantaneous, and hes in the wrong vehicle for that. also he and his vehicle need to be made of photons.
    "I saw, I came, I conquered".

Thread Information