Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bloody motard riders

Bike
    2007 yamaha ttr230
    Hi, my partner use to race Motard at Manfield, they have since deleted motard racing there too. They say it was due to lack of interest? when it first started there was a lot of interest and everytime we went there were guys trying it for the first time "GREAT". But then they made them race full track which is too hard on the bikes and numbers declined. I have been told if I can get 20 bikes to race motard they will give it another go. If you are keen or know anyone who is contact me please allnaturalhair10@gmail.com

Bike
    KTM 525 exc /Husaberg FE 450 E/ CB 125 T
    Blog Entries
    Do you know the difference between a rider skills day ,track day and then there ia a big change of going on to wiring up your oil drain plug and putting a number board on your bike? i am shore you do .
    Every one can get along but if you have a bruised ego from only seeing a tard tail on your favorite bit of twisty Bitumen from which you gained your number 1 or 46 decal from your mates lol.
    If you carnt beat them join them?
    Should we show prejudice to hyper Motards wide bars but bigger motor which means than can go faster in a straight line compared to a out of the box 525 exc only 190 kph.
    Would you bitch at a NZ 125 gp bike (55 hp) slow top speed but quicker lap time than your road super bike .

Bathurst the GTR nissan and the cosworth sierra where to fast for the V8's . lets just change the rules .

The rotary was banned in endurance races by the FIA after winning the 1991 Le Mans, not for being too powerful, but for being too reliable! and fast.

The TZ 750 got banned from flat track (kenny Roberts) it was light and to much power being a two banger did not help.

Ha i know Lets just ban tards (a dirtbike) from riding with road bikes they just pull slides out when road bikes carnt slide, jump over small buildings, go quick through corners and pull the front wheel up and keep clicking gears because all i all that is not at all hard to do.
    When i am at a street race i notice how the crowd will go to the toilet or walk to the pits too look at the other real bikes when the biggest number of bikes in one class come out, because it is boring to watch i guess.

Top speed vs Clicking gears on the back wheel from the lights past a gixer 1000 ... Priceless

Bike
    2001 DucatiST4s 2007 aprilia sxv550
    I think this is where Motard style bikes are headed just for those a bit worried about wideness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7051..JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	205294  

Bike
    2001 DucatiST4s 2007 aprilia sxv550
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    I reckon it's those big wide bars.............you guys are just farkin' wide road blocks so if yall just fitted skinny bars then you'd only be half the problem

Nah, seriously motards are caught betwixt and between. Thanks to the light weight/big brakes combo motards are quick into and 'round corners......but are bloody slow down most of the straights, having low power and shitty aerodynamics.

As a result you'll wanna pass people into and 'round corners (when most folks like to have a lil' elbow room, especially if inexperienced) but then you'll be flat out struggling to make 160 down a decent straight. Depending on the circuit a 600/1000 could be going 100kph faster on the straights.

The thing is a lot of motard pilots know they are slower and can't resist having a peek over their shoulder and drifting half way across the track while they do it. I've personally experienced it when I've come steaming along Taupo's back straight with a closing speed in excess of 100kph and also seen someone else run into the dirt when a motard has shied away from the bike coming up the inside and removed the realestate the guy going round the outside was going to use. Big speed differentials are tricky and trying to take evasive action at +250kph is easier said than done.

It's a tricky situation: go in a slower group and get frustrated with the slower cornering/no passing rules or go in a faster group and get strafed by bikes with 2 -3 times the power. I can't see an easy answer.
    I've got a wide on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7051..JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	205378  

Bike
    1996 Honda NSR250SP Repsol
    I like watching tards (when I've already had a hot dog) to but do agree with those that say it is not a good idea to have rr bikes and tards on the track together because:

They often seem to take very different lines into/out of some corners which for me has been very dangerous when a bike appears where it is not 'supposed' to be.

They seem quite happy to take a lot more risk. Perhaps because their bikes are easier/cheaper to fix. Nice for you ,tard rider, but devistating for me when I get collected as you slide into the back of my bike having lost the front doing a demon manouvre.

Try passing a tard only to have him throw his back wheel at you when you are half way through. Shit pants.

Everybody that wants to race/track day should be allowed to race/track day but saftey comes first. IMHO A rr bike and a trad are too different to be on track together without increasing the risk of accidents.

One other point, tard riders could try a little harder to make friends in the paddocks, some are ex MX riders where 'knees and elbows' and 'block passing' etc are the norm as is crashing at least once most days you race. This is not normal for most road racers whom are mostly just enthusiasts looking to build a beautiful bike to be proud of and enjoy a day of fun, fast and safe riding. The minority have delusions of granduer.

This is my opinion - like it or screw you.

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp1 View Post

Funny, but how many Motarders do you see that can actually back it in...............fuck all

How many sportsbike riders take the same line??? fuck all, and if they did why dont we make tracks 6 inches wide

thats not an opinion, thats all fact
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    The most fun i've had around a track on a trackday has been aboard a motard. It seems a bit odd to ban them from a rider skills day.... Which company was it with?

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    1990 Honda VFR400/1979 Suzuki RM125
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp1 View Post
    I like watching tards (when I've already had a hot dog) to but do agree with those that say it is not a good idea to have rr bikes and tards on the track together because:

They often seem to take very different lines into/out of some corners which for me has been very dangerous when a bike appears where it is not 'supposed' to be.

They seem quite happy to take a lot more risk. Perhaps because their bikes are easier/cheaper to fix. Nice for you ,tard rider, but devistating for me when I get collected as you slide into the back of my bike having lost the front doing a demon manouvre.

Try passing a tard only to have him throw his back wheel at you when you are half way through. Shit pants.

Everybody that wants to race/track day should be allowed to race/track day but saftey comes first. IMHO A rr bike and a trad are too different to be on track together without increasing the risk of accidents.

One other point, tard riders could try a little harder to make friends in the paddocks, some are ex MX riders where 'knees and elbows' and 'block passing' etc are the norm as is crashing at least once most days you race. This is not normal for most road racers whom are mostly just enthusiasts looking to build a beautiful bike to be proud of and enjoy a day of fun, fast and safe riding. The minority have delusions of granduer.

Man racing is racing....some people aren't there to make friends, but to race and be competitive!!
    If you want to enjoy a day of fast, fun, safe riding, do a track day!
    Your attitude 'like it or screw you' seems to be similar to what you are complaining about

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Panther View Post

Top speed vs Clicking gears on the back wheel from the lights past a gixer 1000 ... Priceless
    That's because if the GSXR1000 rider did the same they'd be over 200 and still only in 2nd gear, on the back wheel.

Bike
    Various things
    I've been road racing moto-x bikes on and off for over 20 years...and I think they shouldn't be on race tracks together as (as has been mentioned) top speed differentials are way too great and not safe. Street circuits are a different kettle of fish.

Bike
    SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    ... It seems a bit odd to ban them from a rider skills day.... Which company was it with?
    HMCC with ACC, Manukau City Council and Police supporting/sponsoring it. Think it's all over now... the guys running it got hounded by the politics of it all and other interested parties... poor beggars tried to do the right thing by bikers but got shat on all over the place. I'm over it.

Fully understand about the whole motard v sportbike thing on race day... but this was a skills course.... bloody politics, bloody one upmanship, bloody commercial back stabbing eh!!!! nuff said.

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I've been road racing moto-x bikes on and off for over 20 years...and I think they shouldn't be on race tracks together as (as has been mentioned) top speed differentials are way too great and not safe. Street circuits are a different kettle of fish.
    I agree sportsbikes are to slow in the corners
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    I agree sportsbikes are to slow in the corners
    You ever ridden an RS250 GP bike? EVERYTHING is slow in the corners after that mate!

Bike
    Triumph Speedmaster 900
    Not really had much to do with Motards, worked with retards thought..... are they similar lol.
    I am freindly really, I only bite when provoked

Bike
    KTM 560ish SMR
    if you not had much to do with motards kitt,keep ya comments to a self dick................

Thread Information