Thread: Different brands of oil

Bike
    cbr900

Different brands of oil

Why does it seam so hard to find your fav engine oil?Most bike shops only stock 1 maybe 2 brands of oil.I used to reside in oz and most bike shops over there stocked all the popular oils.Shell vsx was my choice, but no one here seams to stock it.My local honda dealer only offers motul which I think is not the best.If anyone knows who stocks shell vsx motorcycle oil, please post.Maxima is my second choice.

Bike
    GSX-R600 k8
    Supercheap offer more selection to choose from.

Or some shell stations may still have some VSX on their shelves.

Or how about considering an excellent oil like Shell helix Ultra 5w40 synthetic..???

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Shell used to be available from alot of Suzuki dealers but there service was really bad and most have given up on it, not to sure of any shops that sell it anymore or if shell even bring in motorcycle oils,

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    +1. SuperCheap and Repco both (at least around here) have a variety of brands to choose from.

Are you interested in different additive packages or something that you want a wider range of oil brands?

Bike
    None

Best oil ever

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAPLIN View Post
    motul which I think is not the best.
    It seems to be good enough to supply for moto gp. I'm sure they ride a lot harder than you do.

I have to say it's the first time i've heard anyone having an issue with motul......have you tried it and not liked it for some reason or just not heard of it before?

I put it in my old 900 Hornet and it ran cooler and the gear changes were a lot smoother. Call it all in my head but it was definitely better.
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jamside down.
    A cat glued to some jam toast will hover in quantum indecision

Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
    Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.

Bike
    cbr900
    Supercheap sell quite a few CAR engine oil brands, they have castrol 4t motorcycle oil (might as well fill ya sump up with water) and silkolene crap.I am not happy with motul due to my last new bike blowing its rings at 40,000k , it had motul oil and filter every 3,000kms(rings/bore found not to be at fault).Im sure the moto gp have the best motul oil, but at $90 no thanks.The easiest way to prolong the life of your engine is regular oil changes, as long as the oil is not overpriced.Shell vsx did the job, but with shell pulling out, I doubt we will see it in the shops, pitty.

Bike
    cbr900
    Well bugger me, looks like I wont be using shell vsx.Ill just have splash out on some mobil racing 4t 10w-40, which you would expect to find at your local mobil service station but no youd be wrong,Can anyone point me to a shop that sells mobil 1 racing 4t 10w-40 in south auckland?.

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAPLIN View Post
    Well bugger me, looks like I wont be using shell vsx.Ill just have splash out on some mobil racing 4t 10w-40, which you would expect to find at your local mobil service station but no youd be wrong,Can anyone point me to a shop that sells mobil 1 racing 4t 10w-40 in south auckland?.
    Yes go to my head office Mobil Distributor
    Kauriland
    McLaughlin road Wiri
    They will sell it to you, Eftpos available there also
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    cbr900
    Cheers for that Mr evil, you have a mobil1 convert

Thread Information