Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Heated bike grips. Do they really work?

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by bittertwistedcute View Post
    Fantastic, the more comfortable and relaxed - the more we enjoy the ride : )
    And the further you can ride. Long trips on cold days are now possible.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Went for a ride this morning on my old shitter and I was very happy I had found a shop that had a set of those oxford wrap around heaters as well. I have old fitter hands and they give me heaps of pain these days when they get cold. The only downside is they are on or off, the ones on the Harley are thermostatically controlled.

Bike
    Suzuki gsx650f 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I am such a dork, but I am excited by the fact I don't have to load up with painkillers and a hotpack to try to stop my thumb hurting.
    And I had an awesome ride today, on my awesome new bike!
    And I got a huge compliment - my Dad said I am riding really well, not like a newbie at all! Said I looked like I had been doing it for years.
    Awesome! would love to catch up and do a ride sometime soon :-) Generally sundays work better for me.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by zealchick View Post
    Awesome! would love to catch up and do a ride sometime soon :-) Generally sundays work better for me.
    Cool! Just p.m me - Sundays are best for me too

Bike
    Jackie Black
    I love my hotgrips, wouldn't be without them.

Suggest you always hang on to your receipts when you buy them. We've had two control (switch) units fail and one was replaced under warranty. You can buy just the control unit for about $90 odd but we got a whole new set of grips for $57 on a Cycletreads super special. They used to have a 2 year warranty but not sure what it is now.

There is the "Hot Grips" brand as well which I had on my quad bike. Only pain in the ass is they don't have variable temperature control (they are either on or off) and some people find them too hot.
    Some days you are the bug , some days you are the windshield

Bike
    kawasaki Ninja 650R
    just got a set of oxford hot grips fitted to my bike today with the temp control and i must say it makes riding in the cold and rain a much more pleasant experiance.

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trailblazer View Post
    just got a set of oxford hot grips fitted to my bike today with the temp control and i must say it makes riding in the cold and rain a much more pleasant experiance.
    While riding on Wednesday night I noticed one interesting thing. My upper body and arms were starting to get a bit cold. My hands felt ok. But I thought, what the hell, and turned on the heated grips.
    It's funny how it works, but my whole body felt warmer - just because my hands felt warmer. Weird.

Bike
    Suzuki gsx650f 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    While riding on Wednesday night I noticed one interesting thing. My upper body and arms were starting to get a bit cold. My hands felt ok. But I thought, what the hell, and turned on the heated grips.
    It's funny how it works, but my whole body felt warmer - just because my hands felt warmer. Weird.
    I rode the whole ride with them on was toasty warm :-) forgot to turn them on when i left albany, almost home when i wondered why i had started shivering?? doh!!

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    I hiffed the controller out and mine stay on all full-boogie the time. In the winter it is very rare I turn them off.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Thread Information