Thread: assistance on zxr issue?

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one

assistance on zxr issue?

Hey fellas, o friend of a friend rcently bought an 89 zxr 250, about 35k on it.
    anyway, he has had it a few weeks, and it has run sweet as, but the day before yesterday, he went out to start it, it idled, got 100m down the road and it died. We couldnt get it to start again.

So Today, I got asked to go have a look at it. We put new plugs in, took the carbs out, cleaned them out (they were friggin filthy!!) cleaned all the jets etc, reassembled the carbs. Cleaned everything in sight, did the air filter etc etc.

Put it back together. bingo, she fires up, however it is now accompanied by a rather disconcerting rattle. it sounds a little like a camchain issue, but also a little like there is something bouncing around in there.

I am sure there is nothing in there, I have a habbit of covering any openings immediately with a rag when I remove stuff, e.g. carbs or plugs, so nothing could have fallen in.

Tomorrow we will do an oil change as well in case something is rolling around in there,but was hoping that someone might have other ideas as to what the rattle might be so I can look into it? cheers

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    bump. . . . . . . . . . . .

Thread Information