Bike
    18 Street Triple RS, 18 Aprilia Tuono RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Error-correction "courtesy" (???) of Wolf

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyryder
    Always use clear. Much easier to take off sunglasses than carry spare visor and change.

Skyryder
    Yup - I'm with you on that one
    MDU
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    2003 Yamaha XT225, 2010 Electric scooter
    Travelling through Desert Road in the wee small hours in this kinda sleety rain that seemed to be made of some kind of glue, would not clear from the visor, wiping just smeared it (OK, maybe the visor was just too old and scratched for the water to run off) and I needed both (numb) hands on the bars to contend with a slippery road, anyway.

I was reduced to a crawl with piss-poor visibility and I was terrified that I would fail to see a turn in time (not good on Desert Road...).

Fortunately I was carrying a spare lid - open face - with a pair of Air-Force type goggles - the ones with the flat glass panes - attached.

I parked up in a lay-by, took the goggles of the spare lid, pulled them down over the full face and rested them on the chin guard, opened the visor and forced the goggles into the opening. Rode on with bitterly cold sleet pouring in under the visor onto my face but at least I was able to see as the freezing "glue" didn't stick to the glass lenses.

They're great goggles - they have flat panes so they don't distort light passing through them - OK, you have a line running down your peripheral vision each side as each lense is two panes mounted at an angle to wrap around the face, but you're primarily looking out through a nice flat piece of armoured glass. Approaching lights are points rather than a warped smear across your vision (as I've found with curved plasic lenses and visors).

Bit of a mission jamming them on when wearing a full face-street helmet, though (Open face and trail helmets OK)
    http://wolfmotorcycling.freehostia.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a big hammer and a lot of care.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R600
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    99.9% of the time I ride with a tinted visor but they tend to be a major hindrance at night you see, not that I ride at night, but sometimes I get caught out!

Do any of you who use a tinted visor actually carry your clear visor with you on your bike 'just in case'? Maybe it's something I'll begin practising?
    Yup. I usually ride with a full tint AGV jobbie, and carry the clear on either in my backpack, in the pack rack, on with my jacket and wrapped around my side. It's usually protected by one of those poly bags that you get with your helmet.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    They're great goggles - they have flat panes so they don't distort light passing through them - OK, you have a line running down your peripheral vision each side as each lense is two panes mounted at an angle to wrap around the face, but you're primarily looking out through a nice flat piece of armoured glass. Approaching lights are points rather than a warped smear across your vision (as I've found with curved plasic lenses and visors).
    Sound like Mark VIII's . To my mind still the best eye wear of all. But they don't work with full face lid. Sigh.

Once upon a time, you could get Mark VIII's with tinted lenses as well as clear. At the time that seemed a good idea. So I bought a pair. Only -- same prob as this thread, needed the clear ones for night wear. Was easy enough though, I just wore one pair on the front of the helmet the other pair on the back. Switched as necessary. Only problem was that the rear facing pair didn't have the little loop available to stop the strap slipping. I don't think helmets even HAVE that little loop nowdays, darn it.

You can still get Mark VIII replicas.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    2003 Yamaha XT225, 2010 Electric scooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    But they don't work with full face lid. Sigh.
    Not comfortably, anyway - bitch of a job jamming them in the opening and getting them off later was a mission. Saved my life anyway, excelled where curved lexan didn't cut the mustard. Great visibility, loved them. Last time I wore them with the open face I ended up getting stung when a bee struck my face - in the thin gap between the top of the goggles and the edge of the helmet.

I'm pretty sure they were Mark VIIIs - replicas (vinyl pads, not leather), of course. I'm not quite old enough to have owned the originals.
    http://wolfmotorcycling.freehostia.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a big hammer and a lot of care.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    Shouldn't get passed by so many bikes then.........
    Whatever dog. It's actually from you mobile chicanes getting in my way.

Thread Information