Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 Tonne waterproof gear

Bike
    2011 Speed Triple

1 Tonne waterproof gear

Recently I purchased a 1 Tonne Waterproof Terminator Leather Jacket from their online service. As the price was so reasonable at $270 I was slightly concerned on quality. I found the team there very helpful and quick with responses to my queries pre-purchase.
    On getting the jacket (fast delivery) I was pleasantly surprised in how it looked and seemed put together. It is snug and warm and handles showers well. I doubt it would keep me dry in a big downpour but neither has my way more expense waterproof jackets that I own.
    I put in a $40 Knox back armour and feel pretty confident in its impact handling, hopefully I won't test it out. I like how it isn't covered in logos. With the venting i think this will be great in summer.
    All in all damn good value so far, if it falls apart in a year I'll let you know, but I think it unlikely.
    I've bought from Quasimoto as well and have been happy with the results, and I've found no matter the price or brand you get duds some times. This is a company I would certainly recommend trying out.
    It's not where you go, it's the going.

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Hi Scooter Boy.
    Thanks for the feedback on our 1tonne gear. I am glad you like it.
    Cheers and safe riding.
    Last edited by 1tonne; 2nd May 2010 at 14:04.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    If you are careful with how you put it on and take it off, then I am sure it will be good for you.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    If you are careful with how you put it on and take it off, then I am sure it will be good for you.
    Yes, surprisingly, motorcycle jackets and pants are really easily damaged. One hard pull will rip an internal liner free - voila! no longer waterproof!

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    2000 Kawasaki 1100 ZRX
    Tell me how it goes will ya? Looking at buying a terminator or ballistic jacket from 1tonne.

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Well I had an off ( my first ever) a couple of days ago, t-boned by a hit and run driver and my recently acquired 1tonne boots did a good job. The left boot shows clear scuff/impact damage from where the car hit me. Took his front number plate of with it. Despite some good bruising to the shin & foot no fractures so very happy with the boots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22092010(003).jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	341.7 KB 
ID:	219272  

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Eagle View Post
    Well I had an off ( my first ever) a couple of days ago, t-boned by a hit and run driver and my recently acquired 1tonne boots did a good job. The left boot shows clear scuff/impact damage from where the car hit me. Took his front number plate of with it. Despite some good bruising to the shin & foot no fractures so very happy with the boots.
    Glad to hear you are OK. Did the bike survive?

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer

Another positive vote for 1 Tonne

I find mine very good other than a fatbum friend borrowing my pants and breaking the zip (not 1 tonne fault) and the only other minor fault I find is my knee guards often slipping down due to the velcro holding them in their pockets coming undone. Other than that they have been great and quite waterproof.
    If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy
    I have a gas axe and a welder! What do you mean "it won't fit"?

Bike
    -
    Sadly one of the pocket flap dome buttons on my 8 month old sports pants pulled out the other day. Such is life. The lower button on each flap is also quite rusty, but the top ones (including the one that pulled out didn't have any) Odd huh?
    Watch out for tow ropes and quickly braking cars

Bike
    Modified 2014 Bonnie
    Hope you are OK, glad to hear the boots did a good job as I ride in the same ones! My 1tonne jacket and sport pants are pretty new but kept me dry in the recent heavy rain (apart from the one time when I did not do up the trouser vents.... I now know it is not nice riding home with a cold wet crotch!!!! lesson learned).

Bike
    2010 street triple
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tonne View Post
    Hi Scooter Boy.
    Thanks for the feedback on our 1tonne gear. I am glad you like it.
    Cheers and safe riding.
    hi, is there anywhere in auckland that i can touch, feel and tryon 1tonne gear, interested in there leather jackets.

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tonne View Post
    Glad to hear you are OK. Did the bike survive?
    Unfortunately the bike was RIP, now shopping for new el bandit and replacement helmet ordered from 1tonne.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    t-boned by a hit and run driver . Took his front number plate of with it.
    So you have the hit and runs number plate? Was the car stolen?? Otherwise should be easy to get the po po onto it?

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan View Post
    hi, is there anywhere in auckland that i can touch, feel and tryon 1tonne gear, interested in there leather jackets.
    Hi. Sorry there is no place in Auckland to try on but if you purchase an item and find that it is not what you are looking for, you are most welcome to return it. Cheers.

Bike
    07 CBR600RR
    I bought that same terminator jacket almost a year ago and its been pretty good through the winter. i had one off with it where i hit the front brake too hard and dropped the bike on its side and about 50km/h and i didnt really feel much of an impact on my upper body when i fell and slid on the road for a bit. so it's pretty good value for money

Thread Information