Thread: Advanced Plasma Technology, multiplaz 3500?

Bike
    Sold

Advanced Plasma Technology, multiplaz 3500?

Help required!

My arc welder is old and the insulation is rooted and my gas plant is now too expensive to rent gas bottles for, what to do?

I have been searching around for new age replacements and have been looking at these!

http://www.aptechnology.co.nz/

Have any of you guy's up in and around Auckland had any experience or interest in this product?

I quite fancy one of these but as my retirement savings and investment funds are being slashed in value every day (thank you Helen and now John) I have to be careful what I spend them on!

Can anybody cast a bit of light on the value of this "multiplaz 3500" as a home workshop tool?

Also look here: http://www.multiplaz.cn/usa/index.html

Anybody out there (or in here) got any opinions or experience with these? I would be interested to hear from you! Cheers, John.

Bike
    FactoryPro EC997a
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Help required!

My arc welder is old and the insulation is rooted and my gas plant is now too expensive to rent gas bottles for, what to do?

I have been searching around for new age replacements and have been looking at these!

http://www.aptechnology.co.nz/

Have any of you guy's up in and around Auckland had any experience or interest in this product?

I quite fancy one of these but as my retirement savings and investment funds are being slashed in value every day (thank you Helen and now John) I have to be careful what I spend them on!

Can anybody cast a bit of light on the value of this "multiplaz 3500" as a home workshop tool?

Also look here: http://www.multiplaz.cn/usa/index.html

Anybody out there (or in here) got any opinions or experience with these? I would be interested to hear from you! Cheers, John.
    Was looking at one of these for the workshop. Until I have a spare $3500 I will have to stick to my gas and arc. I have deliberately not tried one out because I would probably buy it.
    But they look like the bees knees.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Yeah what a cool gadget, but 3.5k?

I'd pick up a second-hand gasless MIG for $400 and use oxy-propane instead of oxy-acetylene.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Vespa GT200, LML Vespa 130, Honda NXR125
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    Yeah what a cool gadget, but 3.5k?

I'd pick up a second-hand gasless MIG for $400 and use oxy-propane instead of oxy-acetylene.

Steve
    Why bother with that, just get a decent inverter arc (under 8kg). No gas rental there!

Becareful about Oxy/LPG. It is no good for welding, although it is brilliant for cutting and the odd bit of brazing. But even then you need Oxy...

After looking at the webpage, I am interested to know how much the "proper fluid" that is needed to fill the torch would be...
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    goes like a whore on P

Bike
    FactoryPro EC997a
    Quote Originally Posted by UberRhys View Post
    Why bother with that, just get a decent inverter arc (under 8kg). No gas rental there!

Becareful about Oxy/LPG. It is no good for welding, although it is brilliant for cutting and the odd bit of brazing. But even then you need Oxy...

After looking at the webpage, I am interested to know how much the "proper fluid" that is needed to fill the torch would be...
    water and meths
    The ratio depends on what you are doing.
    I have too much crap in the workshop, big old lincoln arc welder in case I have to fix a ship, inverter, gas bottles, mig, propane, and all the various fittings that go with them.
    It would be nice to have something that does most of it without taking up half the the workshop space.

Bike
    Vespa GT200, LML Vespa 130, Honda NXR125
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleZee Dyno View Post
    water and meths
    The ratio depends on what you are doing.
    Is that all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    goes like a whore on P

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by UberRhys View Post
    Is that all?
    Yeah have a read a bit further. It seems a bottle of Gin will do at a pinch!

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Thread Information