Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1-day.co.nz adventure stuff

Bike
    SV1K
    Well had a wee play with the new camera. On a 12:30 minute ride to work at the higher 640X480 setting in the avi file format it chewed through 463mb. So... by my reckoning a gig will last around 25 mins on the highest setting. A 4 gb card will be perfect as the battery only lasts 1.5 hrs. Was attached to the handlebar so wasn't too jumpy at all. Sound was OK but got a bit of engine noise (obviously). All in all pretty happy with my $70 camera.

Now, can anyone tell me what the best/easiest software is to use to do the stitching together or the cutting of the avi files...

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    On a 12:30 minute ride to work at the higher 640X480 setting in the avi file format it chewed through 463mb. So... by my reckoning a gig will last around 25 mins on the highest setting. A 4 gb card will be perfect as the battery only lasts 1.5 hrs.

Now, can anyone tell me what the best/easiest software is to use to do the stitching together or the cutting of the avi files...
    Sweet, data is about the same as my GoPro 5, 2gb lasts about an hour.

If you use windows then Microsoft Movie Maker is a free and easy way to start. It's built into Vista and maybe other versions or can be downloaded as part of the hotmail/Windows Live suite free from Microsoft.
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    yeh just got mine also, should be sweet with a 1gig card will give half an hour, and can easily transfer to laptop if I needed more. Seems like a nice compact little unit, takes decent enough video, so as long as it lasts a while I'll be happy
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    SV1K
    Actually finding the camera pretty good.. I managed to connect it to my sons helmet peak for his race on sunday... unfortunately he seems to ride with his head tilted forward a little so I've got about half an hour of really good video of the ground in front of his bike... buggar! but it's a pretty good picture of the ground LOL. I was right about the consumption of memory... 25 mins was 840 mg. So a 4 gb card is fine for the 1.5 hr battery. So the cheapo camera works fine... just the operator that need an upgrade!

Bike
    Africa Twin / XRV 750 (RD04L)
    Blog Entries

Cameras are back again on 1-day

I got myself one of these last time and they are well worth the money. I have only made on decent vid yet, but you can see it here and see what the camera quality is like.

Highly recommended bit of kit - esp for the price. Buggs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNgip5JXKpA
    There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find adventure and those who go secretly hoping they won't. We should come home from our adventures having faced their perils and uncertainties, endured their discomfort and beaten the odds, with a sly acknowledgment and revitalised solidarity of character.

Bike
    . .
    Grabbed one.

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
    Grabbed one.
    KTM, Vid Cam - next will be a GPS ya yuppy
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    -
    Do they take MicroSDHC cards, or just MicroSD?
    Watch out for tow ropes and quickly braking cars

Bike
    Hornet 599
    Blog Entries
    Thank God for father's day

Bike
    Africa Twin / XRV 750 (RD04L)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerMice View Post
    Do they take MicroSDHC cards, or just MicroSD?
    Sorry dunno about the HC cards... I jsut picked up an 8 gig micro SD off trademe dor 30-40 bucks and it's fine...

Downloading from the camera is painfully slow though so if you have a card reader then all the betterer.
    There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find adventure and those who go secretly hoping they won't. We should come home from our adventures having faced their perils and uncertainties, endured their discomfort and beaten the odds, with a sly acknowledgment and revitalised solidarity of character.

Bike
    DR650 again

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by buggsubique View Post
    Sorry dunno about the HC cards... I jsut picked up an 8 gig micro SD off trademe dor 30-40 bucks and it's fine...

Downloading from the camera is painfully slow though so if you have a card reader then all the betterer.
    Anything over 2gb is basically HC.

Bike
    -
    cool thanks

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    any video converter is a good program. It can convert a lot of different formats to a lot of other different formats. You can crop clips and merge several clips into 1 clip. You can even use it to dowload YouTube clips. It's free.

Bike
    . .
    Quote Originally Posted by dino3310 View Post
    KTM, Vid Cam - next will be a GPS ya yuppy
    Already got the gps . In fact I've got 2.

Thread Information