Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it with guys bout girls on bikes?

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Hell i don't really care what a chick rides as long as she doesn't mind me paying more attention/ staring at her bike instead of her

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Motoracer
    I think some girls are not as fast as the extremely fast guys because of biological reasons. Women tend to ride more sensibly and not take so many risks because of low testosterone levels where as most of the guys usually ride with their balls and not so much their heads because of high testosterone levels. There are some other factors as well but this is the most obvious one. 

Errr......I think you'll find the agressive and high risk taking behaviour is actually down to low testosterone in a male....yes I know it's counter inutitive.......but you know the guy with something to prove, or who feels threatened by others....low testosterone.

I don't think that women per se are slower than men. The reason that we don't have many top class women racers is not the skill or dedication factor but the social factor. How many dads get their daughters into biking as soon as poss, and then push them in racing (compared to what they would do with boys). And how many sponsors are queuing up to pour money into female riders?

As for on the road, perhaps women will surivive all the fast males who end up on the crash statistics.

TTFN
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Not many, if any
    Originally posted by bluninja
    testosterone
    TTFN
    that one word sums it up for us guys i think?

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    What do you mean??

From what I know, its a story about the male and female hormons.

The male hormone is called Testosterone. This hormon adds certain characteristics to a person. Characteristics in both physical and mental form. Testosterone makes people stronger, faster and generally more aggresive. Men in general have higher testosterone levels than women. This is determined at birth when the chromosoms become either XY or XX.

The female hormon is called Oestrogen. This hormon also adds physical and mental characteristics to a person. We can make a generalisation saying that oestrogen is what makes person feminine. eg, less body hair, thiner voice etc. The mental effects of this would be maturity in the mind from an early stage. Physical effects are of course fat storage in the body among others. eg breasts.

You are right though, the way some one grows up heavily effects the persons attitude, likes, dislikes, etc.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Testosterone is called the male hormone, but women produce it (1 quarter being produced in the ovaries from converting ostregen) at about 1 twentieth of the male level. It's not just the levels of hormone, but what and where your hormone receptors are. The chicken and egg question is whether high testosterone also produces aggressive risk taking behaviour (riding balls out) or whether it is the agrressive risk taking behaviour that raises testosterone levels. I subscribe to the latter.

and BTW men produce ostregen (converting testosterone) as well.

Suggesting that women don't ride fast because of biological reasons seems a little simplistic given that the bike is doing the work (other than steering input) and the generally smaller lighter female would have power to weight ratio advantage over a heavier larger male.

TTFN
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    Yes I was aware that both male and females produce testosterone and ostregen but I didn' t want to comlicate the matter even further.

Ok...females are lighter thus they have the physical side of the biological advantage however my point was more towards the differences between the behavior/charactaristics of male and females, thus the general differences between the riding of a bike between males and females.

I guess it is a 'chicken n egg' question because there really has to be extensive reasearch done on the topic to reach some kind of a valid generalisation.

My opinion on the topic remains open. I don't doubt women's ability to do anything at all. They are just people like us males. However there are some very distinctive differences between the two sexes that no one can deny.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha R1

Talking

Gee guys thank's for the biology lesson, but really

Chicks on bikes...Great idea, pulled up next to one today.
    She was there before me, that means she was obviously ahead of me.

Who said they are slow. Just cause you never saw a flat out fast chick on a bike doesn't mean they aren't there, it just means you ride too slow to catch up to em!

Good on you "chicks in charge", hope to see you on the road someday, I'll ride with you anytime. Dosen't matter if we're guys or gals, on the road we are all bikers!!!

Se Ya

Bike
    2004 GSXR600 / 1989 K75 BMW
    More girls on bikes = Happier boys watching girls in leather!!

Not even with yours!!!

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Motoracer, you think that's complicating the matter? However I can feel a testosterone fueled pissing competition coming on so I'll shut up.

Suzi, thanks for grounding me back to temporary sanity. Motoracer said that women were slower than men, not me  I t will be interesting seeing what motoracer has to say when Mitch goes around the outside of him at the racetrack.

TTFN
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    I know, I know, I had that thought in my mind the whole time. Thats why I said things like 'most women' or 'generally' because I know there are some very fast women out there. I know how fast Mitch is, I saw her in the track day. I could only hope to someday, after LOTS and LOTS of practice, be anywhere near her level.

P.S. I didn't say that Si, I said GENERALY they are with exceptions of course. But then again, please don't listen to me people, as I am only a 19 year old guy with not a lot of knowledge and experience. I haven't really 'seen it all' so to speak. So please excuse me if my comments were hideously incorrect. I was mearly trying to look at it from a scientific perspective rather than a social one.

I am shutting up as well and I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    LOL @ motoracer. I was having fun too.....but I guess the thread got a bit hijacked.

TTFN
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by andy1
    yea i love girls on bikes!

but i love taking them on the back! they love the speed that us boys can ride at. took my gf for a ride on the back and blasted the motorway at 200km in the city racing between cars and trucks, she just went crazy. (on 600cc bike)

Am I the only one that thought - hoped you informed your g/f that at 200km if summit went wrong she would not look so pretty anymore? At least she aint gonna see it coming if she busy screaming her head off I guess

Surely that kinda speed is for the race track? And before you say you are a great rider blah blah blah...not all those cage drivers give a toss at how fast you going when they decide to pull out

Just my 2 cents worth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike

Bike

Bike
    Something red and quick
    girl on bike? Sexy in a special way
    And 2 thumbs up for the parents not to go mental over it
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Thread Information