Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it with guys bout girls on bikes?

Bike
    2008 Yamaha R1
    I'm rather familliar with that road myself and IF it was done it must have been a while ago as the road is just too damn busy theese days. At that speed you'd catch up too 20 odd cars, and have to try and pass em without getting wiped out by the 20 odd going the other way.
    By the way 30k's (it's about that I think) in 8 minutes is an average speed of 225 clicks, and that road is about as straight as Queen!:roadkill:

Bike
    Blog Entries
    it's 27 k's from kopu to hikuai. i'm having trouble believing it could be done. i'd believe 8 minutes to the summit from kopu, but it's a long way down from there....

maybe it took him 8 minutes to walk from the gas station to the kopu turnoff, then caught a ride on the back of a ute?

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    yeah, it was debated earlier and debunked as bollocks. Average speed would need to be around 220kph to do that. The fastest moto GP boys often only average 160 kph on their flat, open tracks with the worlds best machinery/tyres, reactions/skills and road surfaces.

Now you tell me if you think that sounds a little unlikely up a bumpy twisty hill with cars on it ...

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    I am a person who likes to reason with logic, physics and mathematics as well so it does sound questionable now.

I know some one else who should have similar speeds on that road. I will ask him to time him self. At least I would know how true that time was after he does the same run on exactly the same bike as the other guy.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Originally posted by Motoracer
    I know some one else who should have similar speeds on that road. I will ask him to time him self. At least I would know how true that time was after he does the same run on exactly the same bike as the other guy.
    I just hope he doesn't die in the attempt.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    That danger can never be avoided but this really is just another weekends thrash. So no need to worry.

I only wish I could have gone for a ride as well. I am already missing my road bike after haveing to come to work in a car for the second day. I guess the saying that goes 'you can't live with em and you can't live with out em' goes for bikes as well.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    I guess the saying that goes 'you can't live with em and you can't live with out em' goes for bikes as well.
    Oh? I thought the saying was " you can't live with them...and you can't live with them!"

“- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Well hi all, again,

Looks as though I hit an interesting subject huh.
    Thanks for all your thoughts and ideas.
    I love to ride and race motorbikes and that will never change . I don't have any sponsors - don't need any really - but I know my best friend (female) who runs a Speedway Modified Sprint (NZ1) had no probs getting sponsors. Its more about presenting ourselves and not giving up that counts. And having people who support us no matter what is all that really matters.

Keep up the interesting chat.

Chow for now. Ride free and safe my friends.

Send me e-mail if you're ever heading down my way

Be safe - be seen - be happy
    Chic 'n' Charge

Bike
    RF900

Wink

Its a fact that 98% of bikers are Male. now then one in 9 are gay give me a kiss and i'll tell you who they are!
    now of the fairer sex there are the "I really am a bloke but they got me wrong when they cut it off" then the I was raised on a farm and Dad wanted a boy" and then there are a few real biker chicks! only a few and god I wish I had met one when I was young I would have really been fulfilled!
    I love to see Ladies on bikes they are so cool
    They are so powerfull! the bigger the bike the better!
    uuughh. Cold shower time
    Your never to old for a sportsbike

Bike
    78 CBX 750 Outfit, Yamaha 1400 Custom
    He said that one of his mates witnessed the start then phoned the other mate at kopu to tell him to start the stop watch. So the mate at kopu started the stopwatch and recorded the whole time until he showed up at kopu.

I don't expect people to believe it before they have seen him in action, few can see him in action for more than a few minutes because he literally disappears into the horizon that fast!! He used to do 295 on the straights, 160-220 around most corners.

When you put together the top of the line machinery with an experienced old nutter, the results can be quite extreme!!

P.S. sorry, I got it the other way around. It was from the turn off to kopu not the other way around like I said in the previous post.
    he is bullshitting you - to do an average of 245 (needed speed)
    he would have to do TWICE that where ever possible
    he probably catches huge fish - butthe seagulls eat them on the way home
    If you say either "I can" or "I can't" your correct.

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    I know he was bullshiting now. I think he liked to spice up the story a bit but it wasn't all lies. I would say that he would still be one of the fastest guys through thoes roads.

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    I don,t really care about some liar on a Ducati or any other bike come to that,But this thread was I belive about women on bikes,so here goes.I think if a woman wants to ride,good for her,if
    she has a nicer bike than me fine,thats not hard.
    Now taking it a step further I don,t mix well with other male riders,I find the big noting an BS really boring.
    I love the feeling of isolation that comes with riding,I mostly ride by myself or with guys I have known for a very long time and have total trust in.Iv,e already had a guy die in a very messy way in front of me,Iv,e had a couple of others die in the same way,but I was lucky enough not to see it.I only met those guys because we rode.I don,t ever intend to make the same mistake again.
    If I do ride with a new friend now I make damn sure they ride in the same manner as I or it don,t happen.This brings us back to women on bikes,as I said fine,but not if they think they have to keep up with the boys,So if we should ever cross paths don,t think I,m anti women,I,m just not taking the risk of watching another person chuck up great gobs of blood all over the road while their body is all twisted an smashed.When I had a say in such things I never let my own dauhter have a boy friend who rode incase she hooked up with someone like some of the idiots on this site.Now she has gone her own way she has no intrest in bikes.And for all the bleaters who are going to jump on this.In thirty odd years I have been down on the road twice,the first time a woman in a cage,no damage,the second time my own fault
    and a major eye opener.Unlike some I very seldom have trouble with people in cars,my one car incident was twenty years ago and I can see how I added to the problem,belive me it won,t happen again,They are all forseeable and avoidable.
    Anyway I don,t have a problem with women on nice bikes so enjoy.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Well put.
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    Originally posted by Jackrat
    Unlike some I very seldom have trouble with people in cars,my one car incident was twenty years ago and I can see how I added to the problem,belive me it won,t happen again,They are all forseeable and avoidable.
    It must be blissful living in Waiuku. I presume you don't come into the city or botany downs much then?

I'll agree that most accidents where the car is at fault are forseeable and avoidable but if I rode such that I absolutely minimised the risk to the enth degree (no lane splitting, no riding next to cars, no firm acclerating away from lights/corners, no heavy braking into open corners, no leanoing past 10'...) I would not enjoy myself at all... and if I don't enjoy myself on a bike , I'd rather be in a car where I can at least enjoy the music.

As much as I may be perceived by average cage driving joe public as a maniac ( I would disagree but lets not digress- hoho ), there are still plenty of more reckless and unpredictable people out there than me and its the unpredictable/inattentive ones that can always get you.

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Well sorry but you presume wrong,I am into the city and other places on a regular basic.
    Riding saftly doesn,t mean you have to ride like a woss,But you will work that out in your own time,I hope.
    And yes it is very nice living in Waiuku,Thank you.

Thread Information