Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it with guys bout girls on bikes?

Bike
    BMW F 650 CS SCARVER
    Hi Jackrat.

You said something about riding with others, and they don't ride like you do. I understand.

For many years I was a pillon on my boyfriends bike, and last year I got me a bike myselfes. I learn a lot from my boyfriend; when I'm riding my bike after him, and when we talk at home.

Once I asked him:
    Do you prefer us on the same bike (like we used to) or do you want me to ride my bike and you ride yours?
    Well, it was hard for him to answer, and I totally understand!

He's proud of me for riding my own bike, but he know I got a lot to learn. It's safer to have me right behind his back on his bike, and he don't have to worry if I do something wrong on my bike.

But he wants me to ride my bike!
    And I'm sure he worry a little when he know I'm out for a ride on my own.

All this are normal, for all people - girl or boy!
    We all care for those we love, and the traffic is dangerous.
    But does he worry more because I'm a girl?

I don't think so!!!

Liv.

Bike
    CB1300
    Hmm, interesting thought.
    Maybe I am unloving or maybe I just trust my partners too much.

I have had past G/F's who ride and I never lay awake at night wondering how they were doing.

As to my present G/F.. i want to get her a bike because there is no way her riding can possibly be as bad as her driving. She gets behind the wheel and feels ten foot tall and bullet proof!

At least motorbikes intimidate her. When she gets better she will probably feel ten feet tall and bulletproof again but hopefully by then she will have learnt enough respect for the road / skills to not get herself killed.

She learnt to drive at a very young age so she never went through the whole paranoia stage and it shows in her driving.

So yes I will buy her a bike but she won't be allowed on the road with it until she has a license and had some professional lessons.

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED

Re: What is it with guys bout girls on bikes

Originally posted by chic 'n' charge
    Why is it that it's OK for guys to have nice bikes - but not us girls
    I've never encountered anything worse than pleased surprise from males, when I get off the bike & remove my helmet.
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    CB1300

Re: Re: What is it with guys bout girls on bikes

Originally posted by Slim
    I've never encountered anything worse than pleased surprise from males, when I get off the bike & remove my helmet.
    Prolly pleasantly relieved to not find yet another middle aged born again biker, not to mention relieved at checking out the "cut of your leathers" from behind.

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries

Ladies on 2 wheels??? GO FOR IT!

Hells bells - it is the vehicle that does the work not the person - so that's the physical side of the argument taken care of (ok ok - yes some events require physical strength and arguably there is more to be found in a guy... on avergae and - who gives a crap really??)

If a person wants to ride a bike, they are capable of riding a bike, and they can afford to ride a bike...

.. ride a bike!

My personal thought is that motorcyclists tend to be a little more assured of themselves as people, confident and capable... and those attributes in a woman are highly desirable (in my book anyway).

Ladies - if you want to ride them - ride them. If you'd care for some company riding them - let me know. I'll gladly try (but don't promise to be able to) keep up.

MDU
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    CB1300

Re: Ladies on 2 wheels??? GO FOR IT!

Originally posted by ManDownUnder

Ladies - if you want to ride them - ride them. If you'd care for some company riding them - let me know. I'll gladly try (but don't promise to be able to) keep up.

MDU
    Except I don't even try to keep up with some of them.

Bike
    2001 Suzuki RF 400

Re: Ladies on 2 wheels??? GO FOR IT!

Originally posted by ManDownUnder
    My personal thought is that motorcyclists tend to be a little more assured of themselves as people, confident and capable... and those attributes in a woman are highly desirable (in my book anyway). MDU
    I find it fascinating to see that riders can be just as you say - assured, confident, and capable..... yes, all of this...... when they are on their bikes,

BUT when they are not on their bikes, they behave just like everyone else,

with doubts, hesitation, procrastination and insecurities like all the rest.

True ?
    Everything is always okay in the end.
    If it's not, then it's not The End.

Same goes for those on internet forums - in real life they are not so out going and opinionated,well in my case anyway.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries

Re: Re: Ladies on 2 wheels??? GO FOR IT!

Originally posted by BestFun
    I find it fascinating to see that riders can be just as you say - assured, confident, and capable..... yes, all of this...... when they are on their bikes,

BUT when they are not on their bikes, they behave just like everyone else,

with doubts, hesitation, procrastination and insecurities like all the rest.

True ?
    Very good point - agreed
    MDU
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    Originally posted by Motu
    Same goes for those on internet forums - in real life they are not so out going and opinionated,well in my case anyway.
    probably because some of us have too much time to spend on here that we are tempted to post our opinions on everything! (guilty as charged). In real life I need a little bit of time to properly form my opinion and response (or alternatively blather like an idiot).

as for the procrastination/hesitation etc etc when off the bike, i think it happens on the bike as well but is manifest in in the following ways

1. taking dodgy lines through corners
    2. being rough and ready on the throttle
    3. panicky on the brakes
    4. most of the time we hit the road!
    5. lots of other symptoms of not being a GP level rider!

Bike
    Honda PC800

Talking lady bikier problems ???

undefinedundefinedundefined
    Holey cow -you all mean there are people that arent just biased against bikiers they dislike female bikers. Sheesh
    To me a woman biker is pretty darn Hot.

Bike
    BMW F 650 CS SCARVER

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by xjxjxj
    Holey cow -you all mean there are people that arent just biased against bikiers they dislike female bikers. Sheesh

xjxjxj!

I think I love you! ;-)

Liv, female.

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xjxjxj
    And (Liv's comments aside - although I'm really glad to hear theme LOL) so do I (think they're hot). There is something about a woman having fun on two wheels. I paired up with a woman in Taranaki (GREAT roads down there) for about 50kms and it was a bl;ast.

How we got no tickets I'm not sure and there was a sense of loss when we parted ways... :disapint:
    MDU

Bike
    None any more
    My bestest biking buddy is Mrs Hitcher. She rides her own wheels but on occasions is also an exceptionally good pillion. We've ridden about 22,000km together in the last year -- and there's no commuting in that total.
    Our next project is bike-to-bike intercom.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    BICYCLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    My bestest biking buddy is Mrs Hitcher. She rides her own wheels but on occasions is also an exceptionally good pillion. We've ridden about 22,000km together in the last year -- and there's no commuting in that total.
    Our next project is bike-to-bike intercom.
    My hubby and I tried that one with a uniden intercom between bikes.

Hubby set it all up (including putting the speaker and microphone permanantly inside our helmets) really exciting when we got on the
    bikes to test it all out.

Can you hear me now?...no
    how about now? ...no
    now? ...... no

What about now?...yes!!.........but at that point he had pulled over to
    the side of the road and I was directly behind him......! sheeesh

There was heaps of crackling and noise interferance. but apparently the hertz wasn't enuff we needed a real grunty one. so that was gunna be
    about 2,500 and we didnt want to spend that sort of money.

He gets enuff of "my chat" at home without having to pay 2,500 grands for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    getting a speeding ticket is far from my mind as it is unlikely to kill me..

Thread Information