Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it with guys bout girls on bikes?

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R

Blah What is it with guys bout girls on bikes?

Why is it that it's OK for guys to have nice bikes - but not us girls

Well it's not an argument starter (hopefully). I just want to know why is it that some guys just can't get it in their thick skulls that girls/women like to have nice things also.
    I have a 1994 Kawasaki ZX9R and I'm proud of that. I get comments like "Oh aren't you spoilt having your mum & dad buy that for you" and "whats a good looking girl like you doing with a big bike like that!". It's so stupid. I must admit that in the last few months it has got better or maybe I'm just ignoring them more.

Is it just that some guys feel inferior to women on bikes?
    Is it that they feel they can't compete?
    Or maybe it's just the fact that they don't know how to act around us!!.

My best friend (also my passenger on my race sidecar) is a guy who doesn't have a problem and its so nice to actually hear compliments about my bike for once.

I ride with an all girl group called Babes On Bikes - we don't have rules or anything like that - its a group of women riders that get together and have a great time on our bikes. I hear of guys saying "oh I wouldn't ride with a women - they ride too slow" but hey that's crap - half the time when us girls ride together we leave the boys behind.

I think it's time NZ really woke up to the idea that women are on the agenda for having just as nice things as the men. What do you think?? Do you agree? How can attitudes be changed? Every thought welcome - politeness is promised in replies.

Be safe - be seen - be happy
    Chic 'n' Charge

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Yes, some guys seem to have a problem. Not most, just some. Unfortunately, they are the ones who make most of the noise. Alot of them aren't very competent themselves, either. Maybe they like to put others down to feel good about themselves?? F*** knows - just laugh at them (and wave as you go past...)
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    I normally just do the middle finger wave - but thanks for your thoughts. I know there are good guys out there hiding somewhere......Just wish they would shut the others up....

Chic 'n' Charge

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    For me - a woman biker would be superb - no more arguments of ride time - just arguments over destinations..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm UTOPIA.....

I think what you will find is that many guys, tho they would hate to admit it, are either scared of bikes or can't ride them - therefore seeing a woman doing something they themselves can't or won't do hits them right in the ego............

My thoughts anyway........

Bike
    Ducati 400ss
    Put it like this, I didn't exactly go out of my way to tell the whole world that I owned a 150. Likewise I don't rant and rave on about my 250. We'll see what my next bike brings, maybe 400cc is the threshold before I'll start telling people about my bikes!!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    1. nothing wrong with a 250.

2. i like to ride with girls.

3. i especially like to have a coffee and a chat with them at some out of the way cafe somewhere.

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    I love women and I love Bikes. A woman on a bike is just twice the fun (this is not just for possible partners but for possible friends as well of course).

P.S. If there are any women only/predominatly women groups in Auckland, please let me know, anyone? I would love to go for a ride with such a group.

Bike
    KTM Duke. Last ridden.....?
    Is this a new thing, or an old problem?
    Like its been said above, just lead the way lady, and wait for us at intersections.

Most people who are like that are just jealous, and secretly like their mum and dad to buy them a bike too.
    They were also probably bad all year, so Santa only gave them a lump of coal each for christmas. Which they ate.

If anyone has a rich mum and dad who buys them any unwanted bikes, Ill take them. No shame here.

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Hey guys - thanks for your support. It's not a new problem cos I've been riding for ages.

Andrew: There is absolutely nothing wrong with any size bike - I started on an Ax100, then RD250LC, then VFR400 now ZX9R. You get out there and blurt it all around town.

Chic 'n' Charge

Bike
    BMW F 650 CS SCARVER
    It's an interesting topic you got there, Chic 'n' charge!

I think there are some guys who are thinking like that here in Norway too, but I have never experienced it.

So what'll I do if a guy are asking me:
    -''What do a girl like you on a bike like that?''
    -''Give you a nightmare, I hope.''

Or do any of you have any suggestions for an good ansver for the fool?

Liv.

Bike
    yea i love girls on bikes!

but i love taking them on the back! they love the speed that us boys can ride at. took my gf for a ride on the back and blasted the motorway at 200km in the city racing between cars and trucks, she just went crazy. (on 600cc bike)

but i gotta say that the chicks that i have ridden wit they cant keep up, and complain and complain about dirt or oil & riding around them in the corner. (plus ck)

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    I think some girls are not as fast as the extremely fast guys because of biological reasons. Women tend to ride more sensibly and not take so many risks because of low testosterone levels where as most of the guys usually ride with their balls and not so much their heads because of high testosterone levels. There are some other factors as well but this is the most obvious one.

I used to find myself braking later or going on the throttle earlier not because it was safe/wise to do so but because I wanted to go faster than the guy infront or behind me.

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 2009 Yamaha FZ1-N
    There is a group that I ride with, we have ridden over 6,000kms together. Now the group consists of four non-male riders, bikes have been GSX600F, Honda Bros 650, SV650, RF900R, and an F650. One has testosterone as she does some real dumb things, more likely that she is competitive and may need to prove something to herself, she may get even wiped out one day.

I have this opinion that those male riders that have a problem with women riding are not confident in their own ability or feel threatened. Geez this sounds like sycologee

Another opinion that I have is that all sidecar riders are nuts and that their passengers are very religous as they have a lot of faith in the rider.

Anyway chic 'n' charge, to ride a s/c you must be very skilled or nuts. Doesn't matter wither way,

Mike

PS The group of women that are part of our group call themselves "the Tartlets" we men don't ask how the name came to be.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Originally posted by mangell6

Another opinion that I have is that all sidecar riders are nuts and that their passengers are very religous as they have a lot of faith in the rider.

Not religious,but I do have complete faith in her!
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Girls that are into toys. Perfect! But I'm glad my wife isn't, can't afford two bikes. Then again, I'm not allowed a widescreen TV. Can't win.

Thread Information