Thread: gsxr250 please help

Bike
    suzukigs1980

gsxr250 please help

Hi,need help guys ,
    very difficult to start the engine when cold,start easy when worm,clean the carb float level etc,
    today I notice that when the engine turn but not start(cold) a drops of water coming from the muffler.I thinking that that the coolant some how go inside the cylinders cause the plugs difficult to ignite the mix but after the engine hot the water evaporate.
    what you thing guys?
    thanks

Bike
    Repsol CBR250RR Trackbike
    Blog Entries
    Nah, its just condensation coming from your exhaust. It happens in the cold weather. Nothing to worry about!
    A lot of bikes are difficult to start when cold. Check your battery, make sure its getting a good charge when you are riding (ie above 2000rpm) and that it holds charge overnight, and maybe get a tune-up/service done.

I found out the hard way about bad batteries, no fun let me tell you!
    1990 CBR250RR - fully rebuilt and awesome!
    1999 CBR900RR - a work in progress...

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    But just to be on the safe side plus piece of mind,keep an eye on your coolant level...if your continuously having to top it up,then you have an issue.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Assuming it's the same as my son's little beastie, it won't start when cold without choke. Full choke, hit the button it starts every time, runs without choke and starts again fine after about 1 min running. It also dribbles water from the small drain hole in the bottom end of the muffler until it's warmed up,
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Legless
    Yea I was going to ask, have you tried using the choke, but thought it might have been a bit obvious..

Thread Information