Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scooters passing bikes!

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    settle petal...i have a 250 and it is a bike...even a scooter is a bike...two wheels an' all and I have heard mention that those 3 wheeled things are referred to as 'bikes', though they be 'trikes'''and quads are also referrred to as bikes.....and my little trusty pedally one is a bike...do not judge a bike on the sizie of its engine.....size doesn't mater
    Actually that was kinda my point in a sarcastic way.....
    Not too keen on people who refer to a scooter as something less than what they own in a discriminatory fashion.
    This fella rides round on a 250 (which most scooters are now days) and states that his is more a bike than their scooters are.
    Damn Fool!
    The whole thread seems such a waste of time to me.
    If we all complained and labeled each and every vehicle that got in our way from time to time then this forum would be full.

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Leseid View Post
    just buy a real bike
    Sweet! I have an imaginary scooter it seems. Does that mean I can use imaginary money to pay for the imaginary petrol, imaginary oil, imaginary rego and imaginary servicing? Woohoo, free riding here I come.
    Watch out for tow ropes and quickly braking cars

Bike
    a red heap
    seems like somebodys pissy about getting the learn from a scooter.

Bike
    gixxer 600 aka "little rie"
    ... You would never get a motorcyclist do that to anther motorcyclist purely for safety reasons...
    oh dear.

bikers try to take me out all the time. penis anxieties abound in auckland.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe

Don't try and re pass like it's a race, a bike can out perform a scooter in every aspect all you do is add to the worsening reputation of scooter riders.
    Hm. CB250F. Versue Burgman 650. Maybe not, Cedric.

I didn't know that scooter riders had a worsening reputation, BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    Being a scooter rider all I can add to your life lesson is this Lesied...
    Remember to toast both side of the bread when making cheese on toast. Its crap if its soggy!
    Tomatoes seem to retain the heat and burn!
    Onion is nice but antisocial.
    Tuimato sauce under the cheese is nice but remember not to thick or it will burn ya...
    Try some fruit, it not as yucky as it sounds...
    Seriously tho, what are you going to do if it gets really dangerous and is genuinely personal when your out riding one day if you have hung onto this shyt?

Bike
    Legless
    I don't get it, what was the problem? He came up next to you at an intersection, ok?? Did he deliberatelty cut you off or actually do something dangerous, or did he just filter to the front which is where you happened to be as well?

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    A scooter this evening pulled up on the right hand side of me as I was about to pull out of a give way intersection turning right to re pass me as I had passed it some while back safely on a uphill straight.

I honestly don't know what was going on in his or her head at the time, but if a motorbike passes you on a scooter don't take it personally. Don't try and re pass like it's a race, a bike can out perform a scooter in every aspect all you do is add to the worsening reputation of scooter riders.

Just enjoy your scooter for it other features it was designed for, otherwise just buy a real bike. Then again if your a scooter rider reading this your probably a passionate scooter rider who respects the bigger bikes and wouldn't do an act like the above.

Euan.
    May be you should wave as you pass...

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Can everybody hear the waaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance or is it just me?

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    So how is a 650cc scooter any less of a bike than a 250cc motorcycle?

You got passed, big deal. Just blame your shrinkage on the cold weather.

Bike
    zx14
    seems the dude just filtered to the front much the same as you did. easy solution, when two bikes (or whatevers) have ended up next to each other at the front, let the bike with the inside line for the corner go first (unless there is a major acceleration discrepancy). Surely it isn't a drag off the line but a way to beat 40 cars in traffic? who cares if a scooter dares pull up alongside, if he can get a nose ahead off the lights just let him go.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    scooters are gay, we proved it here

Bike
    Triumph Speedmaster 900
    Personally, and scooter riders, don't take this personally, I think nana scooters should be banned/ made illegal. They are very dangerous and inpractical. Here are my reasons for stating such a fact.

1. The smaller powered engines: are gutless and not able to deliver the power nec to ride on motorways or open roads, yet they do still venture onto them.
    2. The ones that make it onto the main roads ride on the left edge, making themselves a target for shunting off the road by erratic impatient cagers. We all know motorcycles should ride in the right side of centre on the roads so as not to be taken for granted. This only works if you can ride at the speed limit though.
    3. The performance of the bikes is very dismal bordering non existent. The little wheels don't corner, the bikes don't lean easily, and the tyres are very crap. Even the larger jap versions like the 650 suzuki still handle like a brick in comparison to a real bike. Even though the larger ones can do the open road limits they can't handle the roads.
    4. Not only do they handle like shit, ride like shit, look like shit, sound like shit, and create one hua of a nuisance on the road..... those riders that ride them, along with there faggity arse lids and hi vis jackets, look incredibly GAY. Maybe they suit the frollicky homosexual image, perhaps some of them even are, thats no problem, good luck to them, BUT, even gaybo's don't deserve to be killed by cagers or dangers imposed by stupid arse scooters......

And and and and and, what with those bloody baskets on the front, I mean really, a basket?
    I am freindly really, I only bite when provoked

Bike
    Triumph Speedmaster 900
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    So how is a 650cc scooter any less of a bike than a 250cc motorcycle?

You got passed, big deal. Just blame your shrinkage on the cold weather.
    A 250 motorcycle is a motorcycle without question, a scooter, is a gay arse nana bike invented by a nob, the same nob who made mobility scooter, but don't get me started.......

I respect even motorcycle posties on CT110 honda's, they are Tu Meke.... love the flags.
    I am freindly really, I only bite when provoked

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    Hows the scoot going carver?
    you killed the new cylinder yet?

Thread Information