Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Scooters passing bikes!

Bike
    A big one
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubber View Post
    Scooters are like fat chicks......great fun to ride, just don't let ya mates catch you!
    But without the sweat under their tits
    It's only when you take the piss out of a partially shaved wookie with an overactive 'me' gene and stapled on piss flaps that it becomes a problem.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha Jog
    I find it a bit strange that so many "real" motorcyclists find the time and motivation to post abuse in a scooter forum. I don't go to an mpv forum (do they exist?) and post about how i hate mpv's

On a side note, in Taiwan every set of traffic lights has a 5-6m box painted on the road at the front and all the scooterists, and motorcyclists filter through to the front. It's awesome. Plus they often have a digital countdown to when the lights go green.

And thank the lord you guys don't venture over there, all two wheeled motorised vehicles are called motorcycles !! even a humble nifty 50 OH THE HUMANITY!

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Slunk View Post
    I find it a bit strange that so many "real" motorcyclists find the time and motivation to post
    Welcome to KB.

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    Quote Originally Posted by allycatz View Post
    Oi, Im a fat chick on a scooter, wash ya mouth out!!!!
    Hahahaha. Whoops sorry bout that!
    Humblest apologies...
    didn't think anyne was watching...
    Trumpydom!

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slunk View Post
    I find it a bit strange that so many "real" motorcyclists find the time and motivation to post abuse in a scooter forum. I don't go to an mpv forum (do they exist?) and post about how i hate mpv's

On a side note, in Taiwan every set of traffic lights has a 5-6m box painted on the road at the front and all the scooterists, and motorcyclists filter through to the front. It's awesome. Plus they often have a digital countdown to when the lights go green.

And thank the lord you guys don't venture over there, all two wheeled motorised vehicles are called motorcycles !! even a humble nifty 50 OH THE HUMANITY!
    fuck off you scooter riding poof

Bike
    2003 suzuki gsxr1000
    they have a few digital countdown lights in central auckland,feels like im at the drags and i rev it up when it gets down to 2 seconds

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    Quote Originally Posted by danchop View Post
    they have a few digital countdown lights in central auckland,feels like im at the drags and i rev it up when it gets down to 2 seconds
    Your racing pedestrians at crossings?
    "Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it."
    -Lou Holtz

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Some time ago now, I stopped in a line of traffic at a red light. There's a cycle lane on the LHS of this road. A scooter came trundling up the inside in the cycle lane - obviously unaware of the Highway Patrol car waiting up the front of the queue...

Once the light went green we all moved off - past the poor scooter rider getting the stern talking to on the side of the road from Mr Highway Patrolman...

After that I stopped using that cycle lane...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Some time ago now, I stopped in a line of traffic at a red light. There's a cycle lane on the LHS of this road. A scooter came trundling up the inside in the cycle lane - obviously unaware of the Highway Patrol car waiting up the front of the queue...

Once the light went green we all moved off - past the poor scooter rider getting the stern talking to on the side of the road from Mr Highway Patrolman...

After that I stopped using that cycle lane...
    I've seen plenty of scoots dismount and walk through intersections with the pedestrians (engine running)then ride off. Must save a whole 30 sec, maybe even a whopping 40?
    A at least Auckland lets us use the bus lanes and go with the bus only lights.
    "Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it."
    -Lou Holtz

Bike
    2003 suzuki gsxr1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Spearfish View Post
    I've seen plenty of scoots dismount and walk through intersections with the pedestrians (engine running)then ride off. Must save a whole 30 sec, maybe even a whopping 40?
    A at least Auckland lets us use the bus lanes and go with the bus only lights.
    if you get to queen/victoria st intersection and the lights have just gone red you have to wait for the pedestrians to cross,then two phases of opposing traffic,then another round of pedestrians to cross,and then its your turn(a good 4-5minutes in total)

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    Quote Originally Posted by danchop View Post
    if you get to queen/victoria st intersection and the lights have just gone red you have to wait for the pedestrians to cross,then two phases of opposing traffic,then another round of pedestrians to cross,and then its your turn(a good 4-5minutes in total)
    my idea of 40 sec was a bit lite then. LoL
    -Lou Holtz

Bike
    2003 suzuki gsxr1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Spearfish View Post
    my idea of 40 sec was a bit lite then. LoL
    thats the worst scenario in auckland though,theyre trying to get vehicles out of the cbd,but ive seen guys ride through(not pushing)on pedestrian crossings just like pushbikes do

Thread Information