Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scooters passing bikes!

Bike
    1996 Honda CB250F Hornet

Thumbs down Scooters passing bikes!

A scooter this evening pulled up on the right hand side of me as I was about to pull out of a give way intersection turning right to re pass me as I had passed it some while back safely on a uphill straight.

I honestly don't know what was going on in his or her head at the time, but if a motorbike passes you on a scooter don't take it personally. Don't try and re pass like it's a race, a bike can out perform a scooter in every aspect all you do is add to the worsening reputation of scooter riders.

Just enjoy your scooter for it other features it was designed for, otherwise just buy a real bike. Then again if your a scooter rider reading this your probably a passionate scooter rider who respects the bigger bikes and wouldn't do an act like the above.

Euan.

Bike
    2015 GSR750
    funny.... I see bikes doing that to cars all the time.

Bike
    A big one
    That's because they've got bigger dicks.

Scooter riders have obviously got smaller dicks. That's why we ride scooters. It's the law.
    It's only when you take the piss out of a partially shaved wookie with an overactive 'me' gene and stapled on piss flaps that it becomes a problem.

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,
    Quote Originally Posted by mattian View Post
    funny.... I see bikes doing that to cars all the time.
    Thats quite a random thing you said there. How is a fish? When is a kayak?

Much as I love out little (dick) cousins, my only hope is that one day they graduate to bigger wheels. Until then they can all just fuck off. And stay out of my way.

Bike
    Pillion
    Maybe it wasn't a wee 50cc scooter.....some of the higher HP /cc and liquad cooled scooters are gutsier than you think
    It is entirely possible to teach an old blond new tricks!!!

Bike
    2015 GSR750
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodingers cat View Post
    Thats quite a random thing you said there. How is a fish? When is a kayak?

Much as I love out little (dick) cousins, my only hope is that one day they graduate to bigger wheels. Until then they can all just fuck off. And stay out of my way.
    I was making the comparison. Scooter filters up in front of a bike at a give way sign....... in much the same way someone on a bike will do it to a car. In fact I've done it myself several times. I don't do it as often now because, I know it pisses cagers off something chronic! to the point where some of them have deliberately tried to take me out ! (not the dating "take me out" the attempted murder "take me out")

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,
    I was making the comparison. Scooter filters up in front of a bike at a give way sign....... in much the same way someone on a bike will do it to a car. In fact I've done it myself several times. I don't do it as often now because, I know it pisses cagers off something chronic! to the point where some of them have deliberately tried to take me out ! (not the dating "take me out" the attempted murder "take me out")
    Well you be extra careful. THe news is full of stories of people being taken out then TAKEN OUT. You might get away with date rape but I wouldn't risk it

Bike
    Black Ninja
    what is with this mentality on our roads...geez some people need to go back to the sandpit and sort their shit. Far too much aggression on the roads and I'm guessing the bigger cities have it worse....take a breathe, smell the exhaust fumes and smile

Bike
    1996 Honda CB250F Hornet
    The scooter involved was a larger capacity scooter, not that it had anything to do with the situation. You would never get a motorcyclist do that to anther motorcyclist purely for safety reasons. Bikes do it to cars all the time but again it's nothing personal to the cars, we will be off and out of your way before you remember what you where day dreaming about before the bike came up beside you.

It's behaviour like this from scooter riders that divides motorcyclist into two groups, when politically in the current time we should be uniting.

Just quietly the person involved actually lives in my street and has most likely seen the L plates in the past on the bike, and assumed I wasn't as experience a rider as he or she is. Therefore felt it necessary to educate me on best riding practises.

Bike
    A big one
    I overtake bikes all the time when on a scooter. You'd be surprised how many are ridden by incompetent fools.

However, they're riding REAL bikes.. so maybe I should stay behind them, and let them lead me to enlightenment.. After all, their wheels are bigger, so they're fucking superior in every way.
    Like fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Leseid View Post
    Therefore felt it necessary to educate me on best riding practises.
    Much like your post then.
    It's only when you take the piss out of a partially shaved wookie with an overactive 'me' gene and stapled on piss flaps that it becomes a problem.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki Burgman 400
    I am getting my yellow safety vest emblazend with the words "You have just been passed by a scooter"
    But my 54 years riding would not let me be stupid as described in the first post.
    In America they sell mazi scooter riders tee shirts with words like "You have just been passed by a girl on a scooter'
    I am not sillly enough to ride my scooter over 100km/hr, or at any speed, with just a tee shirt on.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    I honestly don't know what was going on in his or her head at the time, but if a motorbike passes you on a scooter don't take it personally. Don't try and re pass like it's a race
    Er, it appears more like it was you taking it personally..

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    A scooter this evening pulled up on the right hand side of me as I was about to pull out of a give way intersection turning right to re pass me as I had passed it some while back safely on a uphill straight.

I honestly don't know what was going on in his or her head at the time, but if a motorbike passes you on a scooter don't take it personally. Don't try and re pass like it's a race, a bike can out perform a scooter in every aspect all you do is add to the worsening reputation of scooter riders.

Just enjoy your scooter for it other features it was designed for, otherwise just buy a real bike. Then again if your a scooter rider reading this your probably a passionate scooter rider who respects the bigger bikes and wouldn't do an act like the above.

Euan.
    You could even be bothered to write this!
    What the......
    Who freakin cares about who passed who and who should get a "real" bike.
    What is a "real" bike? what is a "real" car? What is a "real conversation topic?
    Certainly nothing round here is a conversation topic.....

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    The scooter involved was a larger capacity scooter, not that it had anything to do with the situation. You would never get a motorcyclist do that to anther motorcyclist purely for safety reasons. Bikes do it to cars all the time but again it's nothing personal to the cars, we will be off and out of your way before you remember what you where day dreaming about before the bike came up beside you.

It's behaviour like this from scooter riders that divides motorcyclist into two groups, when politically in the current time we should be uniting.

Just quietly the person involved actually lives in my street and has most likely seen the L plates in the past on the bike, and assumed I wasn't as experience a rider as he or she is. Therefore felt it necessary to educate me on best riding practises.
    Oh my God.....you ride a friggin 250.....and you call that a bike? Please!

Bike
    Black Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubber View Post
    Oh my God.....you ride a friggin 250.....and you call that a bike? Please!
    settle petal...i have a 250 and it is a bike...even a scooter is a bike...two wheels an' all and I have heard mention that those 3 wheeled things are referred to as 'bikes', though they be 'trikes'''and quads are also referrred to as bikes.....and my little trusty pedally one is a bike...do not judge a bike on the sizie of its engine.....size doesn't mater

Thread Information