Thread: Goldwing for commuting?

Bike
    Can Am Spyder RS. 2010

Goldwing for commuting?

I like the Strom but her indoors finds it a bit difficult to get on without a ladder. I happened to tell her that I was looking at Goldwings on TardMe (as you do)and she said " I always wanted you to get one of those"- she likes armchairs and luggage! So the question is, would one be feasible for commuting seeing as how half my travel is to and from work, a round trip of only 14K's ? Incidentally, the the reason I didn't consider one is that I thought a move up from a 250 would be too difficult to such a large bike, I suspect it would have been easier than the Strom.
    The perversity of the universe tends towards a maximum

Bike
    easy......have both.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Can Am Spyder RS. 2010
    Not the way I'd choose to die,...... but if you could explain the necessity to 'er indoors.
    The perversity of the universe tends towards a maximum

Bike
    aw bugger it if she's gonna be like that buy an r1 and make her sit on the back of that.........
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by varminter View Post
    I like the Strom but her indoors finds it a bit difficult to get on without a ladder. I happened to tell her that I was looking at Goldwings on TardMe (as you do)and she said " I always wanted you to get one of those"- she likes armchairs and luggage! So the question is, would one be feasible for commuting seeing as how half my travel is to and from work, a round trip of only 14K's ? Incidentally, the the reason I didn't consider one is that I thought a move up from a 250 would be too difficult to such a large bike, I suspect it would have been easier than the Strom.
    people commute in cars with bigger engines...

the weight difference will be noticable from the VStrom but won't take long to get use to...

Bike
    black and blue
    It'll commute just fine... as long as you're not into lane splitting...
    "In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

Bike
    2001 GL1800 Goldwing
    Have owned my "wing" (GL1500) for 2 1/2 years. Whilst primaraly used for touring I also use for commuting.
    A run to town and back 9km. Wings run cold so Motor not even getting warmed up. But the comments and looks you get make it all worthwhile. You will find yourself wanting to go for hourly rides after tea.

Wife reluctant to ride at first but now even asks if i can collect her from work if its a nice night. This is a 140km round trip.

Youl also be surprised at how well they go and handle. With wife on back it's not long before you are exploring places you havn't been before and just getting away for a weekend.

Unless your a person who likes to always get from A to B in the shortest time and at the quickest speed you wont regret a wing.
    Brick walls are there only to stop those who dont want it as much as you.

Bike
    1986 Honda Goldwing aspencade GL1200
    Owned a wing for about 4 years, yeh, they don’t mind tooling around town, you would be surprised at their maneuverability for their size.

Weight wise, are about 780 plus pounds, and can come into play at really low speeds, but you get used to it.

They are made for open road of course, and this is where they really shine, if you buy one, be prepared for weekends away, because you will want to drive it everywhere lol.

Bike
    Mobility scootah
    If you can ride a v strom you can ride a wing. Be warned you will be looking for any excuse to bugger off on weekend jaunts.
    Midwives. [Helping people out]

Thread Information