Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Thursday, go F yourself. I am going for a ride.

Bike
    2008 BMW F800 GS

paper road

I know EXACTLY where that road is, and I usually go for a quick blat down from the forest end, but just cant be bothered will all the gates I find down the bottom of the hill. you might need to show me where the hell it goes.
    It wasn't me, it was like that when I found it. Honest.

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Screw you and your random work schedule.

I too am interested in the paper road. I'll have my knobbs back on Just before easter...

Bike
    690 Advenduro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman71 View Post
    I know EXACTLY where that road is, and I usually go for a quick blat down from the forest end, but just cant be bothered will all the gates I find down the bottom of the hill. you might need to show me where the hell it goes.
    Yeah its a fun track, all be it very short.

There is another one which kinda connects up with that one. But it is a fair bit trickier.

google maps link, its called Boathouse Hill Road, but a road yeah right!

Bike
    orange 9fiddy&4fiddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman71 View Post
    fuk im keen.just bring that road down my ways

Bike
    690 Advenduro
    Decided to go for a ride today. Went Waiwera, Puhoi back roads (including a few no exit roads just to see where they went), then down onto Muriwai beach (after a very slippery trip down Alpine Road, trip being almost the best description it was very slippery).

Bike
    2008 BMW F800 GS
    And we wonder why NZs productivity is fucked! nice work Chris, went the same way to waiwera on Saturday myself.
    It wasn't me, it was like that when I found it. Honest.

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    (after a very slippery trip down Alpine Road, trip being almost the best description it was very slippery).
    Right, it was Alpine road, I had a brief wander up there from the Pinchgut end a week or two ago but became a little concerned I was wandering around someones' back yard. Time for another explore....wet weekend coming up, what's it like on road tyres?

Bike
    690 Advenduro
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
    Right, it was Alpine road, I had a brief wander up there from the Pinchgut end a week or two ago but became a little concerned I was wandering around someones' back yard. Time for another explore....wet weekend coming up, what's it like on road tyres?

It was very very sketchy, tried creeping my way down, about 10% into the downhill locked up the front she went sideways, let go and 1st gear engine brake/out-of-control slide all the way to the bottom, by some miracle I stayed upright.

The start of this vid is Al pretty much doing the same thing ( started my slide a bit earlier than he did )

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    Right, so I should just throw the bike down and slide down on my arse then....

Do you start off from Alpine road or from the Pinchgut road end (I'm sort of picking the Alpine road end....the other looks very dodgy)?

Bike
    690 Advenduro
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
    Right, so I should just throw the bike down and slide down on my arse then....

Do you start off from Alpine road or from the Pinchgut road end (I'm sort of picking the Alpine road end....the other looks very dodgy)?
    Yeah going Alpine to Pinchgut road heading south.
    You would need a pretty decent tire to get back up that face, but I am keen to have a try, my half worn E-07 will be fine

Bike
    690 Advenduro
    Went for a ride today, was mean to be with some aussie tourists, but somehow I missed them.

Muriwai Township up the beach to south-head, then back down with a quick sorte out to Wilson Road and back to the beach.

Thread Information