Thread: Suzuki GSX 750F

Bike
    V Strom

Suzuki GSX 750F

Just got this 1991 bike and would love some advice. Never had a chain drive before (shaft up till now). How often do I need to grease the chain? Also I was told it was oil cooled. Is that right? Is there something I need to check on or is it sealed? My last bike could run on 91 but I got better performance with 95. Can I use 95 in this bike? Any advice appreciated. Cheers

Bike
    05 iHornet 900
    Something like this then http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...x750f%2090.htm
    As for your chain lube, you would be best off to grab a can of Chain Wax from your local motorcycle shop.
    Give it a dose when the chain is warm eg after you come back from an outing. Approx every tank full.
    Alternatively you could get the shop to fit a Scotoiler

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by nonie View Post
    Just got this 1991 bike and would love some advice. Never had a chain drive before (shaft up till now). How often do I need to grease the chain? Also I was told it was oil cooled. Is that right? Is there something I need to check on or is it sealed? My last bike could run on 91 but I got better performance with 95. Can I use 95 in this bike? Any advice appreciated. Cheers
    The Book (The little one that came out with the GSX when it was new) recommends that you regularly check your chain tension and keep it between 25 and 35mm.
    Also lubricate it with 30-40 oil at regular intervals.... depends on riding conditions, but 500k is a good start.

Your bike utilises SACS (Suzuki Advanced Cooling System). This means it uses its Engine Oil through an oil cooler to keep the engine cool. No need to buy anti freeze, or anything like that.
    Just regularly check your oil level, keep it topped up, and change it at regular intervals. 5000k is a good start.

Yes, use 95 octane or better fuel in this bike.

Thread Information