Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Help for a girl just getting into it (oracle)

Bike
    1997 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm
    Quote Originally Posted by oracle View Post
    Thinking of the problem with the throttle before it died, reminded me of threads I've read where people run out of fuel. But I knew the tank was about half full, so that couldn't be it. That's when I remembered about the fuel tap... which I forgot to turn on I turned the tap and tried to get out of there as quick as possible before her biker partner realised my stupid mistake
    Well done! - good clear, logical thinking through the problem, and not panicking - clearmindedness under pressure.

It helps to have a little pre-pulloff routine (like an aircraft pilot would go through before takeoff) to avoid incidents like that. Testing tyres for hardness, and lights for operation should probably also be there, since the effect of them not being properly operational can have nasty consequences.
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history
    Calvin and Hobbes: The surest sign of intelligent life out there is that it has not tried to contact us.
    Its easier to apologise than ask for permission.
    Wise words:
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    It could be that I have one years experience repeated 33 times!

Bike
    2009 Suzuki C90T
    Just remember resale is a factor to be aware of, whats the resale like on Lifan ? I had a Hyosung (GV250) and had no problems in the two years I rode it so from experince it was great, but I would stick to mainstream manufacturers if possible, cheapest price is not always the best.
    Some of the others have suggested driver training and I fully endorse this option, get all the help you can from other bikers, learn the difference between good and stupid road manners, let others make mistakes for you because it can be painful.
    Get good gear, pants, jacket and helmut and gloves and wear it, it could save a lot of skin and even your life.

Thread Information