View Poll Results: Pirelli Angels or Conti Attack 2?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angels

18 47.37%
  • Attack 2

20 52.63%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conti Attack2 or Pirelli Angels?

Bike
    Prefer Buell but not a snob
    Angels on all 3 Buells, lovin' them.
    The CR has done about 8k on the Angel (original tyres were Corsa3, fabulous tyre but just could afford them and the Angel was the next one down the scale) and the rear is showing some wear but its been fully used so I am happy with that.
    I reckon its good for another 1000 yet...
    ...it is better to live 1 day as a Tiger than 1000 years as a sheep...

Bike
    None any more
    A little biker waits...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    A little biker waits...
    Pa-rappa-pa-pum

Bike
    2013 Yamaha MT-09
    8100kms and still going fine. plenty of tread left on them though rear tyre wear is more than the front tyre as to be expected...

Bike
    None any more
    Yay! 300km since Tuesday. Surprisingly I feel like I'm learning to ride again. Did a bit of christian riding tonight down to the Wainuiomata coast and back. Freezing southerly but the Attack 2s did the business. Great fun!
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    Yay! 300km since Tuesday. Surprisingly I feel like I'm learning to ride again. Did a bit of christian riding tonight down to the Wainuiomata coast and back. Freezing southerly but the Attack 2s did the business. Great fun!

How was the initial feel of the tyre from brand new Mr Hitcher ?

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
    How was the initial feel of the tyre from brand new Mr Hitcher ?
    Nicely predictable. Don't forget I'm running a 190/50 rear. I think that this slows down/balances out what would otherwise be a particularly sharp turning front.

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxxa View Post

what ever your choice of tyre I always go by the motto 'buy the best tyres you can afford'.
    Fookin' right on dude! That's the way I look at it too, money is secondary in your consideration. Put on the best rubber your wallet will allow.

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Ran Pirelli Angel's previous to the Michelin Power Pure's i'm running now. When they first went on they were lovely, really nice but by the time they were worn out I couldn't wait to get them off, bike was really getting stubborn to corner. Being a sport touring tyre they were also a little slow to turn as well (from new) but is to be expected given the design brief.
    Got around 8500km out of the rear and it was shot, front was getting shagged to so they came off at the same time. I had a Michelin Road 2 on the rear once paired with a Pilot Power 2ct on the front which worked reasonably well as a combo on the 14, 9000km out of the Road 2 when I pulled it off bike, I reckon there was probably about 1000-1500 km left in it. I pulled it off coz it was starting to get a little slippery late in it's life but if you don't ride them too hard they would have been fine to wear out completely.
    Apparently there is a Road 3 (?) coming out soonish.. Will be giving that a go for sure.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    Nicely predictable. Don't forget I'm running a 190/50 rear. I think that this slows down/balances out what would otherwise be a particularly sharp turning front.
    Sounds fair and reasonable to me !

190/50 will also be more durable in the middle with that great big zenith area, so your choice is quite a considered one really.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
    Sounds fair and reasonable to me !

190/50 will also be more durable in the middle with that great big zenith area, so your choice is quite a considered one really.
    It will respond a little slower than a 180/55 tho. I found the 190/55 a great balance between contact of 190 and response of the 180. One thing to watch out for though is a 190/55 is a taller tyre, so hugger clearance can be an issue (was for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    +1 for the BT016

Changed the S4Rs an amazing amount...confidence and feel were amazing after the pilot powers which are a good tire. One track day, and a hot TT2000....4500km and that was the limit on the rear...(The front shoulders were well worn after the track day)

Bike
    2013 Yamaha MT-09
    Over the labour weekend i did an Auckland-Ahipara-Cape Reinga-Russell and back to Auckland.

When I got home I immediately noticed my rear tyre had worn down to the steel belt for about a quarter of the tyre. I hadn't noticed this at Waipu when I stopped for lunch

9600Kms at the point of getting home on this set.

I'm going to get a set of metzler 'sportec m5 interacts' I think they are called and give them a go this time around.

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTO View Post
    Both the Angel St and Attack 2 are single comound tyres. I run the Michelin Pilot Road 2 (dual compund) on the street, track, gravel, sport touring, commuting and they have been a super amazing tyre for me. You may wanna consider the option.
    I have Michelin Pilot Road 2's on my GSXR and Conti Road 2's on my KTM, both sets running long straight roads far more often than I like............ and wearing very well!

Never tried Angels but my mate who has em on BOTH his Buel's is not impressed with longevity
    Just ride.

Bike
    Prefer Buell but not a snob
    Really?

Well between us AJ and I have Angels on 3 Buells and we are VERY pleased with the mileage...and as you know Stoney, AJ doesn't nana his ride and for that matter neither do I which is why we are both impressed with the wear.

Actually we have just put a new Angel rear on the CR, got approx 9000kms out of the last one so considering the way torquey V-twins chew tyres neither of us have any issues with that LOL. Plus Drury Tires did us a sharp deal
    ...it is better to live 1 day as a Tiger than 1000 years as a sheep...

Thread Information