View Poll Results: Pirelli Angels or Conti Attack 2?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angels

18 47.37%
  • Attack 2

20 52.63%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conti Attack2 or Pirelli Angels?

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y

Conti Attack2 or Pirelli Angels?

I know I know, another tyre thread, but it's better than the ACC complaining etc shit that's up.

I'm getting either of these very shortly. I wanna hear from anyone who's tried both. What do ya reckon about each one? (Do'nt recommend something else, i've got a good price on these so it's one or the other)

I know they're both a good tyre. I'm thinking of just flipping a coin, but surely there's some better opinion than the chance of a coin toss.

Let me know if you've tried them both. I know they're both supposed to be good in the wet, I want to know which has the best dry performance, mainly looking the sports aspect of the sport-touring side of things/best turn in etc. Especially since i'm commuting less and doing more rides in the twisties, sport performance is more important to me now really.

So Pirelli Angels or Conti Attack 2's?
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jamside down.
    A cat glued to some jam toast will hover in quantum indecision

Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
    Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Metzeler M5

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y

Harroooooo?

Bike
    GSX-R400, DL650, Hondazuki TF 100
    BT-016?

I've heard good of the Pirellis, but that's second hand...

Bike
    2010 Thruxton & 2013 Think Ion
    Blog Entries
    Eh? No Comprende?

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    Quote Originally Posted by =cJ= View Post
    BT-016?
    If you know of someone who can do them new for $500 fitted then it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafe View Post
    Eh? No Comprende?
    What is it that's hard to understand?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Pilot Road 2. Good luck getting them for $500!!!!!!!

Conti 2 is very new in NZ so probably unproven for how long they will last.

End of the day both are reported as very good tyres - pick the spunkiest tread pattern.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Pilot Road 2. Good luck getting them for $500!!!!!!!
    mmm, not really a michelin fan. I must have got a really bad set that sat in the sun for ages or something, because I think i'm the only person the world who does'nt like them. I had Pilot Power 2cts, and had so many slips it really put me off them, I do'nt ride that hard.....

Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Conti 2 is very new in NZ so probably unproven for how long they will last. End of the day both are reported as very good tyres - pick the spunkiest tread pattern.
    Probably what i'll end up doing. No-one seems to have much to say in regards to comparing the two, so i'll probably go for the Angels as i've never had Pirellis before. Not too fussed on longevity really, more on grip than anything else. I do'nt want to get a purely sports orientated tyre as I still will commute a little on it, and I do ride in the wet too.
    I think the Contis have a slightly cooler tread pattern (like that really matters lol) so maybe I go with them.

Fuck it I may just have to flip a coin!

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    haven't used the conti, but mates have used angels. By all account, having used a lot of tyres, generally, pirelli is expensive but Damn good (using two different pirelli's on my bikes right now). In your position I would take pirelli.

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    Both the Angel St and Attack 2 are single comound tyres. I run the Michelin Pilot Road 2 (dual compund) on the street, track, gravel, sport touring, commuting and they have been a super amazing tyre for me. You may wanna consider the option.
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    you should read the first post Toto, evidently he doesn't like the PR2. Good tyre tho. I'm never cutting corners on tyre price again after a bad experiment.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    you should read the first post Toto, evidently he doesn't like the PR2. Good tyre tho. I'm never cutting corners on tyre price again after a bad experiment.
    Good tyres, just not for me, bad experience. Must have been a bad set as they really performed badly

Surely ya not talking about cutting corners on tyre price with the two i'm looking at are ya?! (they're at a good price, not a cheap tyre!)
    Which tyres were the experimentals BTW? Were they the "full bore" ones by chance?

Four a piece. Geeze even the poll is indecisive.

Bike
    2013 Yamaha MT-09
    I using the Conti Attack 2, very happy with them. I've done 3k and the tyres are still looking very good for wear. Fantastic dry performance and I'm still waiting for the 'big wet' because it's still pretty dry here in Auckland.

what ever your choice of tyre I always go by the motto 'buy the best tyres you can afford'.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxxa View Post
    I using the Conti Attack 2, very happy with them. I've done 3k and the tyres are still looking very good for wear. Fantastic dry performance and I'm still waiting for the 'big wet' because it's still pretty dry here in Auckland.
    Cheers. It's good to see something written about the new contis. I could'nt even find bugger all online. (from real road users/I do'nt care what the experts say in the mags etc I like to know what the average road user thinks)

Quote Originally Posted by Waxxa View Post
    what ever your choice of tyre I always go by the motto 'buy the best tyres you can afford'.
    Yep. Sports touring these are pretty much the best, bearing in mind i'm not into Michys. I just have a good price. I've never bought cheap tyres, in saying that I do'nt cheap out on anything really.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    A tyre I have heard good reports on is the Metzeler M3 - been around for a few years now and for a sport orientated tyre by all accounts they last well, particularly on a light bike like your 750. You'll have plenty of stick and people claim they work well in the wet. The more you write I wonder if you should be putting a sticky front on and a sport touring rear .... for hooning you know!
    A Conti Sport Attack front, Road Attack rear will give good mileage and the front will be sticky with quick turn-in due to the tyres profile. I ran that combo on a 1200cc bike and I never had any issues at all for my riding speeds (let's say middle of the bunch!), plus rear wear was looking very good when I sold it.

Thread Information