View Poll Results: Pirelli Angels or Conti Attack 2?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angels

18 47.37%
  • Attack 2

20 52.63%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Conti Attack2 or Pirelli Angels?

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    That should stuff 'em!

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I'm watching this with interest. The rear PR2 on the Hornet is getting lower - still a thou or two of very legal rubber (I tend to replace sooner than later). I've 10,000 out of them so far and I've been extremely happy with them. I should stick another set on (I'll do a pair on this change) but I think I'll try out the new Conti Road2's.

I had a chat to the Christchurch tyre guru on Friday to get a idea of what is good and what they cost.

Good news, and never a truer word spoken regarding the current 'sport-touring' tyres 'if you need more tyre you should be on the track'.

I was considering some super sticky sport tyres as I don't do huge kms per year but with a set of hoops in the $600 mark now I'll stay with sport-touring for the kms.

Presently I'm leaning towards trying the Conti Road2's (be a good comparo with the PR2).

Time to start saving - dam shame they don't have Boxing day sales on motorcycle tyres!

Actually the friggen things should be a lot cheaper as the NZ dollar has been very good against the US for a long time now.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Spoken to a mate who has an 08 cbr600 with Angels, and he's finished a rear tyre. Front is still fitted, rear has been replaced. He estimates he did about 8000km on the set, little bit of harder riding and 2up. Front is over half worn.

His opinion is that its a sports tyre, not sports touring.

If a 600 can't get 10k from the tyre, I don't think there is much hope for the rest of us
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    An update. It turns out the hole was actually a slit in the tyre, something sharp had cut it, and on the inside, the slit was 11mm, so beyond their limit of 8mm for a safe repair.

Aka, one finished tyre. Tyre was still good for more km, just pockmarked after 6500km ish, but obviously was done. I've kept the front to flog off used for a few dollars, to pay for the PR2 set that just gone on the bike.

Won't be using the Angels on the KTM again, as I don't think they're good enough for mixed use. I'll be able to report on road use only early in the New Year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Just hit 4k on my Conti Road 2's on the Super Duke, including shitloads of SH2 commuting in Hutt (long, flat, stratight, yawn......)

Wearing quite nicely, get good and sticky once warm, and judging by my chicken strips I am braver on these than I was on the Diablo's (doesnt feel like I have to try either)

Will let you know how they look at 8k
    Just ride.

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    I've been running Conti Attack 2's this year, and they are great. Feel confident in the rain, on the road, and the track.

this one has my vote

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
    I've been running Conti Attack 2's this year, and they are great. Feel confident in the rain, on the road, and the track.
    Km's to date?
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Km's to date?
    Done a little under 5k on them - and they have amazing rubber left.

Bike
    GSXR750 K4

Thumbs up random numbers

for what its worth, I've extracted 15,000kms out of my rear Angel ST on my 750. it probably won't get a WOF but I'll drag another 1000-2000kms out of it before I get rid of it. Interesting to see how much worse the wear is for the heavier bikes or even guys with similar bikes but maybe different pressures (FWIW i use 36). Front went on 1000kms later and has plenty of life left. haven't spotted any sign of it wearing unevenly across the tread either.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with them over the old Stradas. As with all Pirellis I've used, the feedback is just excellent. I didn't think i'd get that much wear given that my daily ride is 70kms on the motorway and 20kms on a fairly tight rural road with a semi-martian surface in places- not to mention a rough gravel drive that cuts it up a bit.
    my only niggle is that I don't think i get quite the same confidence when lent right over as the stradas going for the knee down- although that could be a number of things such as a horror story i heard about a front sliding out without warning

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    the XB is getting around 8k from the rear... think it has a LOT to do with the Vtwin..

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkiwi View Post
    for what its worth, I've extracted 15,000kms out of my rear Angel ST on my 750. it probably won't get a WOF but I'll drag another 1000-2000kms out of it before I get rid of it. Interesting to see how much worse the wear is for the heavier bikes or even guys with similar bikes but maybe different pressures (FWIW i use 36). Front went on 1000kms later and has plenty of life left. haven't spotted any sign of it wearing unevenly across the tread either.
    Mine lasted about 7000km with mild flat spot on the rear tyre, they started out riding real nice but rapidly evolved into mediocrity followed by decending into being really shit for the last couple of thousand k's of their life. I could not be less interested in getting another pair.
    That said it's nice you've had a good run out of them but you'd be one of the few i've talked to that's had a set that had much decent to say about them.

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ajturbo View Post
    the XB is getting around 8k from the rear... think it has a LOT to do with the Vtwin..
    Nah more like a lot to do with the burnouts and corner slides
    Obviously nothing to do with how long ya been monoing on the back....hehehehe
    Just ride.

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    Nah more like a lot to do with the burnouts and corner slides
    Obviously nothing to do with how long ya been monoing on the back....hehehehe

SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

what a ride so far!!!!

Thread Information