Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's a good source for KTM parts

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
    My parts left Germany on the 13th.
    And arrived on my doorstep today, 26 days from Germany to here however that wasn't the suppliers fault but DHL.
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    buell
    I was helping a friend with some barn repairs and noticed he had a bike hidden in the corner covered in a pile of "stuff". I asked him about it and he said he had bought it new about 12 years ago or so, rode it one day, flipped it, broke the seat and the silencer and basically left it to sit since then. He has plenty of toys, so it just sat there forgotten until I noticed it. He said I could take it home and see what I could do with it as a thanks for helping him if I was interested. I've never had a bike of any kind, but thought "what the hell", it looked like it had the potential to be a savage bike. According to it's markings, it's a 1996 250 SX. I drained old gas, blew out all the passageways (muffler, airbox, and such), was going to drain the oil, but it looked like it just came out of the container so I left it in, then filled the tank with a fresh batch of gas. I checked for spark, it seemed like it had compression, but still wouldn't start. So I got online and figured out how to take apart the carb, it seemed perfectly clean other than what looked like a small grain of sand or something lodged in the jet. I put it all back together and she fired right up, and does every time on the first or second kick now. She still has all the dimples on her tires even! The problem I'm having now is that I can't seem to find parts for that model and year anywhere online. I was hoping someone knowledgeable out there could give me an idea of where I might be able to find the parts I need to get her back together again. I believe I need the seat, what a believe is called the silencer and whatever the airbox attaches to (it's just clamped to the carb now and I have some wire holding it up in what I believe is it's position). I've been having a ball working on this beast and would love to finish her up and actually get her out on some trails around here.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

Bike
    Transalp 600, WR250R

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnharvy773 View Post
    The problem I'm having now is that I can't seem to find parts for that model and year anywhere online. I was hoping someone knowledgeable out there could give me an idea of where I might be able to find the parts I need to get her back together again.
    ktmtalk.com would be a good bet for any and all info on the bike, but my guess is that they'll point you to ebay for old parts.

KTM has long model runs with parts common across many bikes. Sometimes it's a matter of finding someone who knows what'll fit so you can use a different year or model part.
    Cheers,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    KTM
    *bump* where do people source parts these days? I just want an oil filter and screen kit and maybe a new seat, jeez

Bike
    2002 Ducati ST4S
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
    *bump* where do people source parts these days? I just want an oil filter and screen kit and maybe a new seat, jeez
    I had a quick look at overseas shops and found http://www.ktmworld.com Not sure if they are the cheapest, once i have a list of parts I need I'll compare prices with some of the other online stores listed here. I just ordered a Wiseco piston kit and Cometic head gasket kit from Ebay for around NZ$300.

Bike
    KTM
    Quote Originally Posted by mangere View Post
    I had a quick look at overseas shops and found http://www.ktmworld.com Not sure if they are the cheapest, once i have a list of parts I need I'll compare prices with some of the other online stores listed here. I just ordered a Wiseco piston kit and Cometic head gasket kit from Ebay for around NZ$300.
    Much like the other online stores i've found, when you actually get to the point of ordering;

*International customers: KTM requires that we ship your KTM brand parts to a US address.

So I might have to look at one of those freight forwarding companies. Shit I don't even mind paying extra to avoid the hassle but finding stuff locally is hard :/

Bike
    KTM 640 Enduro
    Youshop are usually the cheapest & easiest freight forwarder. I don't think any foreign KTM dealer will ship overseas.

Cheers
    Clint

Bike
    2002 Ducati ST4S
    Yeh I have used youshop a number of times with no problems. I just placed my order with KTM world 5 minutes ago and it will be shipped via youshop.

Bike
    KTM
    Sweet! Thanks for the tips fellas

Bike
    2002 Ducati ST4S
    Quote Originally Posted by mangere View Post
    Yeh I have used youshop a number of times with no problems. I just placed my order with KTM world 5 minutes ago and it will be shipped via youshop.
    My initial order was cancelled because I used my NZ credit card so I had to redo it with a paypal account using my youshop address as the paypal billing address.

Thread Information