Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tickets for 4km/h over the speed limit this Queens Birthday weekend

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    I think it's fair enough, either the limit is 50, 70, 100 or whatever. Or it isn't. My prediction for the long weekend if this is enforced as advertised:

Road toll: No Change
    Respect for POPO: Measurable reduction
    POPO press release: Unprecedented success

When middle NZ who haven't had a ticket in years start getting em for 4 and 5 km over, I don't think they'll be happy. Particularly when they are more than likely to have had an unpleasant brush with a boy racer or two on the same trip. Maybe everybody should stay home and work this weekend - like me

Howzabout a blitz on unpaid fines?
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    2007 Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm
    go judith collins, your making a positive difference and improving everyones lives.
    not, gtfo of parliament. at the very least, you make enough money to get your upper lip waxed.
    "I saw, I came, I conquered".

Bike
    CBR1000RR ON HOLD no money for you ACC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudfart View Post
    go judith collins, your making a positive difference and improving everyones lives.
    not, gtfo of parliament. at the very least, you make enough money to get your upper lip waxed.
    I knew i shouldnt have written her that email regarding the road toll two weeks ago...look what 'ive done....

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    My personal guess is the weather will have a bigger impact than any marginal speed reduction. Especially when you consider the average speed is already below 100km/h thanks to most modern speedo's having a deliberate 6% error at 100km/h.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    If you're running the stock gearing, then it'll be high, so you're fine. If you're not running the stock gearing, then that's a problem of your own making and you should fit a healer to calibrate it.
    for WOF/compliance purposes a speedo is only required to be accurate within +/- 10%!
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    XV 535
    Blog Entries
    Yay can't wait to pay for a meaningless ticket. I'd kick up a stink about this, usually don't if I'm speeding knowingly cos that just comes wit the speed. This is bullshit though.

Not only for bikes but car drivers as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    you dont get 180+ hp out of 998cc by being nice to trees.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX S1000
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackstig View Post
    for WOF/compliance purposes a speedo is only required to be accurate within +/- 10%!
    Ive been through this with Kawasaki NZ, LTSA, and Consumer. There are NO parameters for speedo accuracy in NZ as long as it reads under your actual speed. Kawasaki NZ were not interested in doing anything about a speedo on my wifes brand new bike unless it read less than 86km/h while traveling at 100km/hr. Wankers.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    The only thing the WOF manual says about the operation of the speedo is that it must work as intended.

It doesn't say anything about the degree of accuracy required at all.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Smifffy View Post
    I think it's fair enough, either the limit is 50, 70, 100 or whatever. Or it isn't. My prediction for the long weekend if this is enforced as advertised:

Road toll: No Change
    Respect for POPO: Measurable reduction
    POPO press release: Unprecedented success

When middle NZ who haven't had a ticket in years start getting em for 4 and 5 km over, I don't think they'll be happy. Particularly when they are more than likely to have had an unpleasant brush with a boy racer or two on the same trip. Maybe everybody should stay home and work this weekend - like me

Howzabout a blitz on unpaid fines?

My business partner got a ticket for 62kph (in a 50): its a 4 lane 50 with no side streets and the de facto speed limit is in fact 60 (it becomes 60 a bit further up the road). If ever there was a definition of a revenue collection ticket, this was it: and it has made a National voting, upper middle aged, white male pillar of the community and respected professional person openly say stuff like "Bah humbug, pure revenue collection" "what road safety imperative was served?" "all they want is money" "why arent they chasing real criminals" "What about the boy racer scumbags that drive around the streets" etc etc. He was (and the crucial point) remains bitter and angry.

He even didnt argue that forcefully with my often stated theory that "Speed is not dangerous, but sudden unexpected stops are".
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    CBR1000RR ON HOLD no money for you ACC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    The only thing the WOF manual says about the operation of the speedo is that it must work as intended.

Did your dumbas bosses realize (before announcing this farce) that difference between new and worn tyres on some vehicles can contribute to up to 2% difference in speedo reading??? Not to mention that there is chance that local tyre shop might have put larger tyre on your car without you neccesarily knowing when you decided to get new set???

*rhetorical question...i know they didnt because they want people to get caught*

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    I can just see all the cops sitting at the bottom of hills. EASY ticket. Can you imagine everyone going down hills starring at their speedo's? Brake lights blaring? Noes to tails?

I actually reckon they just want to make their quota for the next couple of weeks in one weekend, so they can go to Tahiti for their conference and still maintain their yearly quota. Clever thinking really.

The only way the cops will not do this in the future is if more accidents happen. If it's the same or less. VICTORY!! (Even though it will be a bloody miracle)

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    I actually reckon they just want to make their quota for the next couple of weeks in one weekend
    This is from the top.

The ones enforcing this tripe will enjoy it about as much as you and me........
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jamside down.
    A cat glued to some jam toast will hover in quantum indecision

Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
    Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
    Good luck passing the guy that speeds up when you go to pass him now.......
    Dude, you have GSXR750, he could put his foot flat and you'd still pass him with one hand scratching your behind!
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackstig View Post
    AFAIK not for WOFs; it's not in the vehicle inspection manual at least! Wouldn't be surprised for diesels though, as that's a tax issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmatt View Post
    Ive been through this with Kawasaki NZ, LTSA, and Consumer. There are NO parameters for speedo accuracy in NZ as long as it reads under your actual speed. Kawasaki NZ were not interested in doing anything about a speedo on my wifes brand new bike unless it read less than 86km/h while traveling at 100km/hr. Wankers.
    Well there you go then.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post

hmm, must be oz then.

For a car, the international standards allow a speedometer to be higher by as much as 14km/h at 100km/h – which means your car is doing 86km/h when your speedo is showing 100km/h. For a motorcycle, 84km/h actual speed is allowed to read as 100km/h on the speedo.

source: http://www.consumer.org.nz/news/view...meter-accuracy
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Speed Triple 1050, FXR 150 Bucket
    I would think that it's more dangerous to spend half the time staring at your speedo than going 4 kph over the limit.

Thread Information