Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tickets for 4km/h over the speed limit this Queens Birthday weekend

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Going 55 km's/hr in a 50 km zone you'll get pinged too ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    To late Allan, everyone already is???

Last few trips away with my dirt bikes on the ute I have noticed a huge amount of people traveling at 80k, seemly incapable, unskilled or scared to even attempt to keep to the legal speed limit even on the straights? And no body seems to have enough confidence to have a run up and pass either.
    People travel at 80kph in the 100 zone all the time between Pukekohe and Drury. I have been known to grossly exceed the speed limit in order to get past a caravanserai them on the one "northbound" overtaking lane in that stretch. Of course I always do it incredibly sensibly...
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    2009 Triumph Street Triple 675
    Just learned the twats are going to reduce the 'tolerance' for speeding from 10km/h to 4km/h. Do the stupid fuckers never learn? Funnily enough, the road toll fell incessantly for decades until they reduced the 'tolerance' from a half-way reasonable 16km/h to 10. Then it stalled. It stopped going down and even went up slightly. They really are stupid, vindictive, narrow-minded cunts. I used to respect the police, i really did. But look at them: Bullying young girls into gang rapes, covering the truth, sending a taxi for Irene Asher, fit-ups that they'll never let go, refusing breath tests, shooting innocent people, piss-poorly trained and controlled police dogs attacking innocent bystanders and toddlers, beating up people on the street, beating up people in the cells, killing bikers with mental U-turns, loads of people chased to their deaths but they 'called off the chase seconds earlier, and not bothering to investigate child abuse cases so they could put more pigs out on traffic.

4 fucking kays. They'll nick thousands more and the road toll will go UP as drivers swicth off their attention even more. Just like the last reduction - a total failure. Was it Benjamin Franklin who said "The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results'?

We should do something about this.

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    I'd like you to start with implementing the reccommendations of the IPCA regarding the Pursuit policy and the prioritisation of child abuse cases over traffic enforcement, rather than having them refuted.

I'd also like to see payment of fines actually enforced, so that boy racers who rack up thousands get to pay the consequences as well as middle NZ who is 12 Km/hr over once in a while.

I'd rather you stopped & booked every fucker that's so much as 1 mg over the alcohol limit. I'd really like it if you removed every pile of shit car that has no wof & rego from the highways, since I'm all paid up. I really like the whole centreline idea, that's good - well done. If you really get stuck for something to do you could always go do that stuff that's in those heart-warming youtube vids we've seen a bit of lately.

I think the point is that the popo can't manage to stop the zoomy boys and girls that do +20 km/h so they have decided to target the slow movers in the herd.

That's what I want you to do, but I guess you don't think any of those are sensible.

Regarding the Easter road toll, I'd be interested to know from a crash investigation point of view, just what the degree of accuracy is for estimating the speed of a crashed vehicle using physical evidence. In my naievity I imagine that there are standards and studies for this type of thing, rather than 'educated' guesswork.

Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Go on, let us know what you want us to do.

Like, instead of just sitting and grizzling about what we are doing, actually have a sensible idea and maybe we'll try it.

So there.
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smifffy View Post
    I'd like you to start with ....
    The tolerances of/for all you mentioned, will come down ... sooner than you may think ...

I think speed is the target of this "campaign" as most accidents are the result of more than one factor, when combined ... things turn pear shaped. Speed is seen to be the most common factor when an accident occurs...

If we all slow down, we will prove them wrong .... right ... ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    I think you're right (go put it in your sig quick - like DB), however I'd wager that the speed factor is not in the realms of 4km/h over, more like 24 km/h over, and there are plenty of invincible, bulletproof heroes that have no intention of slowing down this weekend, who may very well write off Mum, Dad & the kids on their way to see Nanna, even whilst Dad is behaving himself because he has a ticket in the glovebox for doing 54 through Tirau.

Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The tolerances of/for all you mentioned, will come down ... sooner than you may think ...

I think speed is the target of this "campaign" as most accidents are the result of more than one factor, when combined ... things turn pear shaped. Speed is seen to be the most common factor when an accident occurs...

If we all slow down, we will prove them wrong .... right ... ???
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    2010 Hyosung GT250R
    It occurs to me that if only I could learn to be one of those people happy to roam the open road at 90kph and frustrate everyone stuck behind me without consideration, my life would be a good deal more blissful.

Bike
    S1000RR
    On the plus side, NZ Police is giving us +3kph allowance over the limit. Now the official speed limit is 103kph. Eh?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    I won't be one of the blokes head first in a ditch for trying to keep my speedo less than 105kph when there is only 6mm between 100 and 110!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike
    1986 Honda Goldwing aspencade GL1200
    I have written email to the transport minister, pointing the shear stupidity of this police decision, any one interested here is the email address

s.joyce@ministers.govt.nz

cheers Bob

Bike
    1986 Honda Goldwing aspencade GL1200
    iI for one will not pay a bloody ticket for traveling at 106kph, hell a small slope wiil speed up a bike by 10kph, this nothing more that scalloping money off innocent drivers.

cops beware I will not be a happy camper if I'm pulled up for 106kph!

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Goodness, next thing the cops will be doing people for a breath alcohol level of 416mcgm - oh wait, they already do people for only 400, the legal limit, oh my!!

And we all know 400 is Really Dangerous (tm) whereas 399 is perfectly safe......

And 104kph?
    I don't give a shit, I won't be getting any tickets for that kind of speed....nor will I be dishing out any for the same speed either...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Smifffy View Post

I'd rather you stopped & booked every fucker that's so much as ........
    Fuck yeah, me too.

I'd rather you stopped & booked every fucker on a motorcycle who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to travel everywhere at 240+ kph and leave me alone when I'm doing 120.

Pity it doesn't seem to work that way though.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    There is something of a disconnect between the ones who wrote the policy and the ones who are meant to enforce it.

Oh dear.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Hmmmmmmmm................did I miss something?

Don't exceed the speed limit and you won't get a ticket for exceeding the speed limit.

Imagine that. Seems fairly straight forward.

Harumph.

Thread Information