Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When is "cordura" not Cordura?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Codura is for chicks, this should be in Biker Angels.

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles08 View Post
    Well I've stayed silent long enough on this thread....

This sort of shit pisses me off...their is information and misinformation. I personally know Quasi and he sponsors me as a racer....there you have it, my loyalties lay out in the open.

1tonne gear to me seems likely that it is a decent brand of gear of decent quality also but have had no experience with it and hence cannot make any relevant comment on it. WHAT PISSES ME OFF is people miss-quoting other people like this quote here?! Have another read of this thread from the beginning...Quasi never said anything in relation to 1tonne gear being "the cheap shit on TM" he was merely pointing out what the differences were between 'REAL' Codura and fake.

HOWEVER, If 1tonne gear is not real CODURA as it appears it isn't (by your own admission), then I think Quasi has a right to point it out...even though that wasn't the original reason for his post. 1tonne, I believe you have done yourself a disservice by arguing and getting personal (maybe from history with Quasi I'm not sure why) here about this point as people have the right to know EXACTLY what your product is made out of. If it is CODURA then there is no problem you stating it. If it is something other than CODURA you should be upfront about what it is and the benefits it has over CODURA and sell it as it is...your product (Exactly what you were saying Quasi should be doing).

Like I have said, I'm definitely not bagging 1tonne products, I am only standing up for Quasi's right as a supplier of leather product's to challenge ANYONE using a branded product inaccurately.

There is no benefit for Quasi to challenge opposition products unless there is a reason. In fact, he admires Sam from Celtic Leathers as a good manufacturer and I know they have a good working relationship regardless of the fact that they are opposition to each other.

As for the quality of Quasi gear, I 100% believe and endorse his products as being equal if not superior to ANY protective gear on the market today - This is why I CHOSE HIS PRODUCTS over all the other brands available! I've personally had some impressive offs while wearing his products and KNOW they are top quality! Check out this pic from the Nats this year...got up with not one injury (bruising sure) from this crash...landed squarely on my shoulder too...
    Well said.

I don't know Quasimoto, 1 tonne, Bret or Nathan and can only really comment on the evidence in this thread (as I haven't read much from either party) but it appears to me that Quasi has been greatly wronged by a bunch of posters in this thread who have chosen to slag off at Quasi on the basis of 'fuck knows' (supposed previous dealings?).

It seems that the common theme coming through from the anti Quasi posters, is that they supposedly have issues with Quasi slagging other traders (again.. no evidence of that happening here.. In fact quite the opposite has occurred).

I am pissing myself laughing at the idiocy of these Kiwi Biker interwobble heroes. What a bunch of hypocritical arsewipes they are. They claim that they dislike Quasi because he slags other traders and the stupid wankers choose to make an issue of it in a thread where Quasi is actually the victim of the very thing that they accuse him of. BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. .. What a bunch of morons.

To make matters even more farcical the dipshits are actually championing the cause of the other trader (who was the party that actually started the slagging match in this thread). Talk about shooting your own feet off, these fucktards guillotined theirs off before they even crossed the starting line.

I know that many come here for shits and giggles and deliberately attempt to foster arguments for their own entertainment, so reason tends to be a bit lacking in most threads... but MY GOD! Can't they display a modicum of intelligence when doing so. Makes me feel like I'm posting to a forum of fucking retards.

BTW, to whomever changed the thread title..... Way to go, your muck raking brings great kudos to KB
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    Hyosung GT250R
    I'm pretty sure quasi jumped in first :/ on a thread that was reviewing a competitors jacket

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by vindy500 View Post
    I'm pretty sure quasi jumped in first :/ on a thread that was reviewing a competitors jacket

My God! After everything I just posted you are too stupid to go back to the start of this thread (which was the review thread to which you refer). If you are either too fucking dumb to comprehend the written evidence or too lazy to do so, then best you just shut the fuck up because you are wrong, wrong, wrong.
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    vulcanNomad
    I have a 1tonne leather jacket, textile trousers, & denim trousers all 1tonne and very happy with the quality, haven't fallen yet though.
    In the interests of being fair I/m open to either of you supplying a pair of leather trousers, for evaluation, and I'll report honestly if I fall of and live
    Don't judge me based upon your ignorance.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingcrocodile46 View Post
    My God! After everything I just posted you are too stupid to go back to the start of this thread (which was the review thread to which you refer). If you are either too fucking dumb to comprehend the written evidence or too lazy to do so, then best you just shut the fuck up because you are wrong, wrong, wrong
    And you come across like a dick dick dick.

'BTW, to whomever changed the thread title..... Way to go, your muck raking brings great kudos to KB'
    PS dick, the thread title was not changed, this is a seperate thread, go back and check....how does it feel to wrong?
    Although, Trader V Trader was more fitting because thats what it evolved in to.

Here is the original thread....http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...xplorer-Jacket

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    You might want to sell me a watch. It's a nice watch, it might even have the word Rolex on it. Unless it was actually made by rolex it ain't a rolex.

Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    Hyosung GT250R
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingcrocodile46 View Post
    My God! After everything I just posted you are too stupid to go back to the start of this thread (which was the review thread to which you refer). If you are either too fucking dumb to comprehend the written evidence or too lazy to do so, then best you just shut the fuck up because you are wrong, wrong, wrong.
    I was reading that thread since it got posted, before it was split, and Im pretty sure quasi jumped in and derailed it first

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    I was reading that thread since it got posted, before it was split, and Im pretty sure quasi jumped in and derailed it first
    So what? The dollar is still strong-ish. Buy from some knock down overseas website and grab yourself a bargain. To hell with the local industry and their childish antics...

Are you watching Robert? I think I just did a bad thing....
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Smifffy View Post
    You might want to sell me a watch. It's a nice watch, it might even have the word Rolex on it. Unless it was actually made by rolex it ain't a rolex.
    This is the guts of the issue. The names of many popular products become a generic term that may only bear passing resemblance to the original. Not all vacuum flasks are Thermos(TM) flasks; not all cling wrap is Gladwrap(TM), not all ballpoint pens are Biros(TM), not all waterproof membrane fabrics are Goretex(TM), not all woven nylon fabric is Cordura(TM). Whether or not the pretender is as good as the original or not is often a matter of opinion. In some cases the pretender isn't as good because as well as the name, the trademarked original has patented attributes that others cannot legally replicate.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post

And you come across like a dick dick dick.
    Well, bite me, bite me, bite me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    'BTW, to whomever changed the thread title..... Way to go, your muck raking brings great kudos to KB'
    PS dick, the thread title was not changed, this is a seperate thread, go back and check....how does it feel to wrong?
    Although, Trader V Trader was more fitting becuase thats what it evolved in to.

Here is the original thread....http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...xplorer-Jacket

Oh very clever but nevertheless not entirely correct eh miss clever clogs! I posted to and read the same thread keeping up to date with the thread via the links to previous posts to the thread as recorded on my profile. When the new thread was split away from the original thread the post history (as recorded in profiles) was linked to it and the thread name changed... as did the link.

So to answer your question. I wouldn't know because I'm not wrong. To all intents and purposes (when accessing original thread links from profile) it is the same thread but appears to have been hijacked and renamed by a meddlesome stirrer

Bike
    How can you be pretty sure when you are so wrong. Go back and re-read it or read the abridged version (which was posted in the original thread) http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1129771420

Edit... a bit hard to follow it properly now that meddlesome mods have been pulling it apart and playing with it. You need to start with the original thread then read this one. It would be easier if the mods just re-merged the two threads under the original thread title. The (now dumped) thread title 'Trader V Trader' is a pretty good indication as to the intent of the offending mod

Bike
    2014 DL1000 V-Strom L4, KTM 400 EXC
    Blog Entries
    I am not going to buy into the He said his is, He said his is.... argument. I have never purchased from either so will look at this issue with fresh eyes.

At the end of the day any purchase a rider makes should be made using independent research with opinions of others used as a gauge. There is no way in hell I will ever use anything that aids my personal safety without first conducting extensive research.

The old adage is 'Buyer Beware'. If it turns to shit blame yourself (read, learn) not the product or the trader, as no one forces you to buy something You don't want.

Disclaimer - X wives excluded lol

Bike
    2014 DL1000 V-Strom L4, KTM 400 EXC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smifffy View Post

I have a case that disproves this theory (not watches). I use Deal Extreme. I purchased several blue-tooth earpieces, none of which were 'branded'. I recently identified the earpieces were made for Nokia but unsold, so were sent to a clearing house had the 'labels' removed and were on sold. Ever the suspicious, I got my hands on a genuine Nokia earpieces and ripped it to bits next to the non branded version. under the microscope the parts were exactly the same, right down to the chip set.

Bike
    None any more
    The online world is hard on traders as it multiplies the effectiveness of word-of-mouth many fold. Some traders don't engage with this and are oblivious to remarks that may be made about them online. Other traders actively participate in online forums, sometimes finding it hard to know when or how to contribute to an online discussion. This is complicated when a trader also engages with the site as both a trader and as a member, as people find it hard to know what hat they may be wearing or of their qualifications to comment with any authority.

Those of us who have been active on this site for a while know who is who and what baggage they carry on a range of issues. Newer members don't have the benefit of prior knowledge and will judge thread content at face value. My own rep status bears testimony to this.

In the absence of Government-regulated motorcycle clothing standards, there is a place in the market for manufacturers offering apparel at a variety of price points. One person's "good value" can be another's "cheap and nasty". As long as folk are happy with their purchases and the respective suppliers are not misrepresenting the products they are selling, all should be well.

If suppliers are misrepresenting their goods, they should be wary of New Zealand's laws around this, as the penalties can be severe.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Thread Information