Thread: 1976 Honda TL250

Bike
    1998 Suzuki Bandit 1200

1976 Honda TL250

Hey Guys i have owned my TL250 for over 15 years now got it from my grandad have used the bike up untill recently and require some parts to give it a birthday .Any help would be great

exhaust
    side covers
    any other parts anyone may have

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Cant help with parts fella but nice to hear of one still around,my old man bought one new,had it for many years,can still remember the first time i rode it (i was 12) and the low gearing,when it got a bit tired he put a kit in it,took it out to 310 or there abouts from memory.Great bike.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Yamaha SRX400
    The parts you've mentioned are the rarest and most difficult to find for any old Honda and Ebay is perhaps your best source. The problem with Ebay is the cost of postage and the cost of getting a pipe here, if you could source one, makes it uneconomic. Honda exhausts were rubbish in those days and they all rotted out, making them as rare as the proverbial rocking horse droppings.

There are a couple of repro producers that I have tracked down to NZ (it doesn't seem that anyone else in the world makes them.) There is MLB Manufacturing in Taranaki who make Musket Mufflers. They have a catalogue on line.

Then there is a character who makes repro seat covers and sells them on Trademe. He let slip that he also makes repro Honda exhausts when I bought a cover off him. His email is smebike@ihug.co.nz and name is Alex. Don't expect an easy ride - I've sent him four emails and spoken on the phone and still haven't actually got a price out of him or found out whether my one comes in two parts or one.

Engine and other parts - the guys at Econohonda in Matamata are good with many new and second hand parts. Don't forget Honda themselves - its astonishing how many parts are still available, even for old bikes (I can still get bits for my SL125 and SL100).

There are a couple of very well known overseas websites too - David Silver spares in the UK and cmsnl.com which is in the Netherlands. Cmsnl have full on-line parts fiches which are good to search for parts numbers. Both those websites are professional and trustworthy. Again, watch your postage costs.

I haven't seen any TL250 parts or bikes on trademe for a couple of years - they are rare and I suspect, very desirable bikes.

Hope that helps a bit.

Bike
    FJR 1300
    There is a company in Waitara that manufactures motor cycle exausts, both header pipes and mufflers, and from memory they make exausts for some 70s trail bikes,
    Side covers either make your own, out of ali sheet, or if you can find some generious soul who will let you cast a mould off of theirs, then reproduce them in fiber glass.
    Other wise search Ebay.

Bike
    1998 Suzuki Bandit 1200
    yea i have tryed musket mufflers but they only make exhausts for tl125 and i believe they are the same i think ill just keep watching ebay i realy want somethink that looks original as can be yes i have thought of alli side covers but it just isnt the same there must be some parts out there some where. i dont care for cost this bike is priceless to me

Thread Information