Thread: Any bike rentals near Taupo/Tongariro?

Bike
    None

Any bike rentals near Taupo/Tongariro?

Hey folks,
    Been lurking around since touching down in NZ a couple months back - I'm from Singapore and with my female partner we're on working holiday. Part of our plan has always been to find good trail rides round NZ, and this Queen's weekend a mate and I will be heading down to Tongariro for a taste of the 42nd traverse.

Unfortunately my partner hasn't got a ride at the moment; wouldn't be a swell idea to leave her at the backpackers' while the guys get dirty, so it would be great if someone could point us in the right direction as to shops around the central north island that provide dirt bike rentals for a couple days' self-riding. We've flown in with all our gear so that need not be an issue.

Or if anyone out there would be awesome enough to lend us his/her bike... that could be an option! Any 125 / 4 stroke would be perfect, really.

It's a long shot.. but no harm asking I guess! Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
    Robin.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Talk to Caveweta. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/me...3853-cave-weta

He runs an epic bike hire/tour operation in Waihi. Very highly recommended.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    BMW F650 Hoonda GB500 KTM525 sixdays
    Quote Originally Posted by minicooperworks View Post
    Hey folks,
    Been lurking around since touching down in NZ a couple months back - I'm from Singapore and with my female partner we're on working holiday. Part of our plan has always been to find good trail rides round NZ, and this Queen's weekend a mate and I will be heading down to Tongariro for a taste of the 42nd traverse.

Unfortunately my partner hasn't got a ride at the moment; wouldn't be a swell idea to leave her at the backpackers' while the guys get dirty, so it would be great if someone could point us in the right direction as to shops around the central north island that provide dirt bike rentals for a couple days' self-riding. We've flown in with all our gear so that need not be an issue.

Or if anyone out there would be awesome enough to lend us his/her bike... that could be an option! Any 125 / 4 stroke would be perfect, really.

It's a long shot.. but no harm asking I guess! Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
    Robin.
    Hi Robin
    sorry for the slow reply - I have been away on a ride all weekend

My bikes are not available for hire away from here- The bikes are for use on my tracks and on my tours only. Sorry that I can't be of any help
    Retired- just some guy with a few bikes......

Bike
    Gone

bike hire

Hi there,
    Just retired and wanting to do a bit of riding ( toofar/expensive to ride up). In Dunedin, looking at the Epic Events Around Taupo ride. Any suggestions for bike hire? Been riding forever and have done the Dusty Butt 3 x. Due to my vintage, will be real keen not to damage myself or the bike.
    "Age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill"

Thread Information