Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossi down

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Quote Originally Posted by denill View Post
    This thread is becoming pointless - as individuals are choosing to call 'excuses' for what they couild easily have chosen to call 'explanations''.

Afterall , those that follow the sport (and that's everone here) is interested in knowing the reason for what's happened and why.

So when you read a rider's account, think about whether it's a 'reason' or an 'excuse'. But many just choose to grab the chance to bag the rider they love to hate..............
    Fair call.

Bike
    Various things
    The result is the same though. No Rossi for a wee while...and the sport will miss him. Be interesting to see how well he comes back.

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    The result is the same though. No Rossi for a wee while...and the sport will miss him. Be interesting to see how well he comes back.
    F1 Or Ducati for 2011
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    Various things
    Ducati. I'd love to see that.

Bike
    GSXR450
    Ducati. I'd love to see that.
    Now that he has been broken for the 1st time ( WOW) I reckon he will chase money, or fun in F1 Only. The best of Rossi, is now gone. Thanks for the years
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    kawasaki Ninja 650R
    don't forget wrc. he was better than what kimmi is. The man is brilliant at everything he does.

Bike
    Various things
    Yeah it's absolutely incredible that he's not been injured before now. You yourself know that it's generally only a matter of time until you smash something up pretty badly! Sill, Doohan won five titles on the trot after nearly losing his leg. I know he was at the start of his 'time', but was still pretty mentally strong to do what he did. Be interesting to see if Rossi still has the desire to keep throwing himself down the road now he's done this.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Now that he has been broken for the 1st time ( WOW) I reckon he will chase money, or fun in F1 Only. The best of Rossi, is now gone. Thanks for the years
    Fair point Shaun...
    He may well have a goal of becoming only the second person in history to become a World Champ in both...
    I might even start watching F1 again if he does.

Bike
    Bikes

Good call Shaun, You know better than most what his thought process will be right now.

Who could blame him for saying "Fuck this, I don't need to to go through this crap".
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    I really hope that isn,t true, but it feels true in my bones!

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    While some of the above statements have a true enough ring about them and perhaps the best of Rossi has been seen... Never write off Rossi...

Bike
    1970 Vespa ss90
    I have never quite considered Rossi the new Doohan, but, IF he does come back strong like Doohan, then Rossi would replace him on my list of people to worship.

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    This guy is usually very accurate with his information, probably worth a read about the crash.

http://www.motomatters.com/node

I reckon Valentino will be back and before the end of the season.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    So I've read.Seems odd to me. If you're the greatest of the great...you should back yourself to beat anyone else no matter what they're riding. Maybe even better if you're on the same equipment. Better than having your opposition on a better bike if you're already worried about him. I'll be interested to see who they put on Rossi's bike now.
    He will be back I reckon!!
    Here's a twist that interested me crasher - I agree with your comments but what if your having to give way your perceived advantage??
    I was listening the the pommy commentators in one round discussing that Rossi was unhappy sharing all his setup info within the team. The implication was that Lorenzo wasn't doing enough or wise enough and riding in on the coat tails of Rossi's bike intuition and development! Whether or not this is true is pure speculation but it will be very interesting for me to see if Yamaha can maintain its place in the order of things without Rossi riding. And Lorenzo can still dominate or be as successful. I credit Schumaker and Rossi's success as much to their garage input as to their on track expertise.
    I'll miss Rossi imho he's the greatest rider that ever was! But this could well be a more interesting session from this point on. Let the competition begin!!!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    He will be back I reckon!!
    Here's a twist that interested me crasher - I agree with your comments but what if your having to give way your perceived advantage??
    I was listening the the pommy commentators in one round discussing that Rossi was unhappy sharing all his setup info within the team. The implication was that Lorenzo wasn't doing enough or wise enough and riding in on the coat tails of Rossi's bike intuition and development! I'll miss Rossi imho he's the greatest rider that ever was! But this could well be a more interesting session from this point on. Let the competition begin!!!
    Yeah maybe last season...but Lorenzo and his boys seem to have got the hang of setting up the M1 this year. In fact...maybe it was better set up than Rossi's at the two rounds where he smoked him? And for sure Rossi is one of the greatest ever. His results say it all. It's just wether he can come back after a serious injury that intrests me right now.

Thread Information