Thread: Wanted: Ex-workers of Len Perry Motorcycles, Greenland, Auckland

Bike
    None at present

Wanted: Ex-workers of Len Perry Motorcycles, Greenland, Auckland

In the 70s I worked as an apprentice M/C mechanic for Len Perry it was a sad day when we heard the news that his son a promising competition motor cycle rider was killed in a airplane crash. Then latter Len's older brother lost his son in a speedway accident. I worker with a guy called Martin Natrass a great guy and I would like to make contact with him he helped me to fit 32mm carbs to my Suzuki T20 Super Six. This machine was the love of my life it would rev up to the red zone in seconds due to some port modifications and the 32 mm carbs. I remember leaving a Suzuki T400 eating my fumes . I recently restored a 1972 H1 Kawasaki and traded it in on a Triumph RS but it was to powerful for me so I traded it back to the dealer and brought a TT600 which I crashed and was advised by the Insurance company that they were going to write it off. I received the money but my wife stepped in an insisted that I stopped ridding motorbikes for my own safety. I now have to convince her that riding a M/C is not that dangerous If anyone is interested I have a perfect Triumph RS muffler for sale plus some H1 1972 parts for sale. I have a Triumph RS tank protector and a TT600 storage bag which fits on the tank
    Kind Regards
    Peter Ford

Bike
    1970, tiger v1

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_cford View Post
    In the 70s I worked as an apprentice M/C mechanic for Len Perry it was a sad day when we heard the news that his son a promising competition motor cycle rider was killed in a airplane crash. Then latter Len's older brother lost his son in a speedway accident. I worker with a guy called Martin Natrass a great guy and I would like to make contact with him he helped me to fit 32mm carbs to my Suzuki T20 Super Six. This machine was the love of my life it would rev up to the red zone in seconds due to some port modifications and the 32 mm carbs. I remember leaving a Suzuki T400 eating my fumes . I recently restored a 1972 H1 Kawasaki and traded it in on a Triumph RS but it was to powerful for me so I traded it back to the dealer and brought a TT600 which I crashed and was advised by the Insurance company that they were going to write it off. I received the money but my wife stepped in an insisted that I stopped ridding motorbikes for my own safety. I now have to convince her that riding a M/C is not that dangerous If anyone is interested I have a perfect Triumph RS muffler for sale plus some H1 1972 parts for sale. I have a Triumph RS tank protector and a TT600 storage bag which fits on the tank
    Kind Regards
    Peter Ford

Bike
    1970, tiger v1

your knowledge of the Perry boys is incorrect apprentice in 1970s

Quote Originally Posted by Kdv View Post
    Jeff died in a panam accident - blown up! Dennis did not die in a speedway accident he died at home fixing his
    midget - brain haemog. you know nothing - shame on you!!

Bike
    Suzuki RG400 Yamaha ST125 Yamaha TDR250
    Blog Entries
    Kind Regards
    Peter Ford
    Send a list of the H1 parts to me please
    "more than two strokes is masturbation"
    www.motoparts-online.com

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdv View Post

Jeff died in a panam accident - blown up! Dennis did not die in a speedway accident he died at home fixing his
    midget - brain haemog. you know nothing - shame on you!!
    Geoff died when his PanAm flight crashed on take off from Pago Pago , American Samoa, while on his way to the States - he was not "blown up" !
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Nil currently

Ex Worker At Len Perry Motorcycles

Wow, haven't though about LPM for years. I worked for a few months as a "sales" guy in 1974. I was a crap sales guy but was intoxicated by bikes as a 16 year old and working for the great man Len was like a dream come true. At that time Alby (Lens Brother) was still at the shop and there were lots of awesome blokes there. We got visits from Graham Crosby, roaring up South Rd on his hotter than hot Kwaka 900, John Wood visited from time to time as he cemented his career and the place just buzzed. Sadly I didn't get on with Mick (can't remember his family name) the Manager, he obviously thought a smart ass teenager didn't fit with his way of running things so eventually I had to move on. My main memory was how sad Len was, the loss of Geoff was still so raw. I will always cherish my time there and actually being around an role model and Champion that Len was and always will be. Paul Roberts

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Paul View Post
    Wow, haven't though about LPM for years. I worked for a few months as a "sales" guy in 1974. I was a crap sales guy but was intoxicated by bikes as a 16 year old and working for the great man Len was like a dream come true. At that time Alby (Lens Brother) was still at the shop and there were lots of awesome blokes there. We got visits from Graham Crosby, roaring up South Rd on his hotter than hot Kwaka 900, John Wood visited from time to time as he cemented his career and the place just buzzed. Sadly I didn't get on with Mick (can't remember his family name) the Manager, he obviously thought a smart ass teenager didn't fit with his way of running things so eventually I had to move on. My main memory was how sad Len was, the loss of Geoff was still so raw. I will always cherish my time there and actually being around an role model and Champion that Len was and always will be. Paul Roberts
    What about Dave Mullins? He worked there (and a lot of other dealers) for a bit.

Bike
    Nil currently

Can't Remeber Dave Mullins

Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    What about Dave Mullins? He worked there (and a lot of other dealers) for a bit.
    My only memories of that time were Alby... when he was in the outhouse way out the back of the workshop area .... if you went to go! and Alby was in there he would say "Hen on the Nest"!! The other person I remember was the other "Sales Guy" name escapes me but he had ultra curly hair, glasses and was very confident.... sadly confidence was popped one day when he did a wheelie on GSRoad outside the shop and flipped it, I think it was one of the new Cooper 250 trail/mx mortor cycles... I think. Bloody hell did we laugh about that... and the fact the Mick didn't notice!!

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    It was definitely one of the more interesting dealerships in Auckland!

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Bike
    08fxdl HD
    Kind Regards
    Peter Ford
    Has anyone heard of or know Shane Mullins? He went to Auckland Grammer.

Thread Information