Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: We're watching you, Mr Smith. Protest 27th June 2010

Bike
    Everything

We're watching you, Mr Smith. Protest 27th June 2010

We're not happy. You're gouging money from bikers. Where's it going ?

Just what are we getting for our massively increased levies?

We've been told that a bunch of grumpy bikers are planning to turn out to demand some answers : to remind Mr Smith that we're not happy. And that we're watching him.

And to show him exactly what he can do with his A.C.C.

When ? Sunday 27th June.

Where . Eastern Viaduct.

Slight change to location. Queens wharf down at the viaduct, not the Eastern carpark itself. They're right next to each other, same map. Follow the directions of the marshals

And some extra grumpy people may ride on to other places afterward. Not that we know anything about that. . (less than 20km, easy riding, and very legal., No speed limits will be brioken. Quite the reverse. )

Be aware also that we may probably be breaking some rules of some sort.. This meeting may not be totally respectfull. Or polite. So anyone that has major issues with keeping squeaky clean and rule compliant may want to flag this one.

Some folk may want tp wear a mask. or balaclava. Or skull mask . We're encouraging masks and balaclavas. After all, it'll probably be cold.

Probably be wet too. So if you're a wimp, you probably want to flag this one.

Otherwise, if you're not afraid of getting wet, and don't like bending over and taking it (there's a hint there for you) , be there. Disrespectfully, and noisily.

Central Auckland. Eastern Viaduct . 27th June 11am.

Anyone that can lead a group from the outskirts, (West gate, Autobahn, Dairy Flat ? ,) please post up , so groups can get organised.
    Education, not legislation, saves lives.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    I hate to admit it, but there are times when Orks is just a bit far away...esp when I have to be there the following w/e
    Best of luck boys and girls.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONZ View Post
    W
    Central Auckland. Somewhere. 27th June 11pm.
    Why's it in the middle of the night?
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    I for one certainly won't be there. I'll be hanging with SloFox (he's my alibi for that night). Now, where did I leave my balaclava?
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Why's it in the middle of the night?
    Because they are to scared to create to much disturbance to the public?

Or it's outside someones house?

Just my guess
    White Trash Pearls of Wisdom #2654 - Refering to yourself in the 3rd person: The only thing gayer, would be being caught handcuffed around a public toilet bowl, an apple stuffed in your mouth and George Michael administering an epic caneing to your exposed cheeks while Boy George documents the event on a handicam.

Bike
    Everything
    Fixed. Always get that wrong. Like East West. Why must they complicate things.
    Education, not legislation, saves lives.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Fixed. Always get that wrong. Like East West. Why must they complicate things.
    Why not just write it 2300hrs and there will be no confusion.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Bumpity for.bumpification
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Bump?

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Am interested in coming along, but am not interested in needing ta cover my face. Will it be that "Cold" that face cover would be advisable? With the BIKEIO, I knew what action I was backing, & was pleased with how is was run. Am ready for more serious action, but would like to know a bit more about it before joining in, OK? The BRONZ newsletter that I got via e-mail today didn't really let me know what I need ta know before joining in. Please Text 027 4534020 or PM me with the needed advise.
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries

Huh?

Can't tell you exactly where just yet.
    So anyone that has major issues with keeping squeaky clean and rule compliant may want to flag this one.
    Some folk may want tp wear a mask. or balaclava. Or skull mask . We're encouraging masks and balaclavas..
    Probably be wet too. So if you're a wimp, you probably want to flag this one.
    So you want people to turn up to an unknown location wearing balaclavas? I guess I will avoid this one thanks BRONZ.

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    So you want people to turn up to an unknown location wearing balaclavas? I guess I will avoid this one thanks BRONZ.
    It kind of reads that way. I hope not. If I'm going ta protest, I don't want ta be sulking about having ta hide me face. I would want them ta know I am coming and what for. If I believe in the action, then I would be happy to be detained for minor stuff. I wouldn't be hiding my identity. BUT, and it is a big BUT, I would need ta know exactly what I was put myself up for, and what the risks are.
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    Sounds like a raid on Kelly Tarltons.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe
    KB does not require a high standard of membership behavior.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by GOONR View Post
    Sounds like a raid on Kelly Tarltons.
    Something fishy going on here!!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
    It kind of reads that way. I hope not. If I'm going ta protest, I don't want ta be sulking about having ta hide me face. I would want them ta know I am coming and what for. If I believe in the action, then I would be happy to be detained for minor stuff. I wouldn't be hiding my identity. BUT, and it is a big BUT, I would need ta know exactly what I was put myself up for, and what the risks are.
    I am with you on this one. My face and name is fairly well known in the protest against ACC levy hikes and changes. I dont have a problem with that, I also stand for what I believe in. Cloak and dagger is not my style, more of a dark glasses and pocket knife approach for this gal. We can organise some fairly good chaos legally to make our point I would have thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Thread Information