Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Are you registering your bike?

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by idleidolidyll View Post
    If you think you really need a car in a place the size of Hamilton with public transport that makes NZ look piss poor and in a country the size of a small park in many countries; then you SHOULD be paying extra to run it.

I lived in Singapore and did have to have a car as I regularly had to travel around the Island to see my clients in places where taking public transport would have meant only seeing 2 or 3 clients a day.

I bought a Mitsi Mirage back then new. It was the mid Eighties and in NZ that car would have been about $20k. In SDingapore it was about $70k including having to pay $7k to take an old car off the road.

Many of my friends and associates who didn't see the sense in having a car on the Island, bought and stored their car in Johor Bahru where they could actually make use of it.

I don't think comparisons between Singapore and NZ are all that relevant. The congestion of having millions of people in a country the size of Lake Taupo (smaller?) and the concentration of pollution etc are matters that make a huge difference between the two countries.

BTW: Do they still have someone going through all the magazines with a black felt tip pen blacking out all nipples, twat, penis and pubic hair? Do they still lock up the media if it criticises the government?
    Loved the light on the roof of the cars that starts flashing when you go over the speed limit. And from memory there was also a rule that you could not travel alone in a car?

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    orange, light, loud: all i need
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    Loved the light on the roof of the cars that starts flashing when you go over the speed limit. And from memory there was also a rule that you could not travel alone in a car?
    they do that in China too

actually, i like that one
    all the do gooders dob the do badders in

as for not travelling alone; close but no cigar
    you were fined for travelling into the CBD if the car only had one person (cops on every entry into the city taking numbers etc)

if you had a special licence or multiple bodies in the car it was OK

I lived just behind the Mandarin Hotel and worked in the Shaw Ctr on the cnr of Orchard and Scott; I walked to work and only took the car when I had to get away from the CBD

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    Loved the light on the roof of the cars that starts flashing when you go over the speed limit.
    New Zealanders have too many wire cutters for that to work here ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    New Zealanders have too many wire cutters for that to work here ..

Electronic enforcement will be here soon.
    http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/re...7/docs/397.pdf

Your vehicle will be tracked electronically. So will you and you passengers with facial recognition software and simple systems like following your cellphone.

Your tickets will be automatic, no need to bother a policeman.

So, while I can, I wont pay the fee. So far I'm thousands up. They will get me one day.

When the system is good enough, I will have to pay.

But its not today.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Bike
    rego on hold nick smith special
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davereid View Post
    Electronic enforcement will be here soon.
    http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/re...7/docs/397.pdf

Your vehicle will be tracked electronically. So will you and you passengers with facial recognition software and simple systems like following your cellphone.

Your tickets will be automatic, no need to bother a policeman.

So, while I can, I wont pay the fee. So far I'm thousands up. They will get me one day.

When the system is good enough, I will have to pay.

But its not today.
    Amen to that. Even when it is good enough, we will find other ways to get around it and make compromises.

From my calculations I am nearly $1500 dollars up which I am quite happy about. Also, I'm way down on speeding fines now due to being much more restraintful, aware of traffic Police/cameras and choosing areas to speed.

It's only illegal if you get caught.

Do you know roughly when the technology will be implemented?
    ...Full throttle till you see god, then brake.

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by racefactory View Post
    I don't know when but I do know how - Over my dead body!
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    400 grey imports, 06 cbr600rr
    Blog Entries
    double post

Bike
    400 grey imports, 06 cbr600rr
    Blog Entries
    i think even with the raping we are getting from vehicle licensing costs, you have to see the positive side of things.

running the bikes without a rego im finding myself with more money in pocket due to increased awareness and attention when on the road. looking out for the boys in blue and generally feeling much trepidation in the town/city areas has definitely led to a decrease in speeding fines and possibility of having an accident. a side effect of this all is increased respect from road users.

its keeping my skin and money where it rightfully belongs.

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by racefactory View Post

A little bit incrementaly at a time. That way the current generation is grandfathered out, and the next generation lives with it.

Bike
    2009, Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Smifffy View Post
    I like how they treat murderers & rapists. We could copy that.
    Don't they just kill murderers? Similarly to America, Iraq, Iran, and Saudi Arabia etc.

Morally corrupt to take someone elses life. Sure keep them in prison for the rest of their lives. And not the type of prisons we have, should be a big pit that gets a toss of rotten scraps of food that supermarkets constantly throw out.

Killing them is just... a sick thought. Though I guess some people think it's ok to take someones life, guess that's why murderers exist in the first place.

Bike
    1987 Suzuki GSXR 1100

Just avoided a check point.

My bike has been off the road for about 8 years.
    just been doing some work to it before i put it back ont he road.
    Went for a test ride out whitford way - went throught the roundabout and round the corner the traffic was backed up. Then i saw a cop car parked with road cones out - did a quick U turn and off i went. Rego ran out april 2004 lol.

Thread Information