Thread: Fast Freddy 25 years on...

Bike
    GSXR600 k7, FXR Bucket
    Blog Entries

Fast Freddy 25 years on...

Follow Freddy around on his NSR500. Foggy makes a cameo at around 6min...
    Buckets Practice

Bike
    tedium
    He's proper fast and a proper gent too boot.

Bike
    '06 R6, '94 RS125 Honda, '08 WR250
    Now that would have been a million times better if the sound of the camera bike didn't drown out the sound of the NSR

What's the point of lapping fast if you don't know how fast you're lapping

Bike
    Honda RS 125 1992
    Great track Mallory Park in the uk They used to have a race on Boxing day I went some years on the run but it was so cold ,One year they had to wait untill the frost went ! Freddy what a Star.

Bike
    I sold it
    So , what was the camera bike ???? It had enough grunt to match the Honda on the straight and it came on to Foggy pretty hard out too.

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    Quote Originally Posted by roadracingoldfart View Post
    So , what was the camera bike ???? It had enough grunt to match the Honda on the straight and it came on to Foggy pretty hard out too.
    Ewetube says its a 2009 R1.
    The NS-500 fair leaves it out of the corners !!

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by nudemetalz View Post
    Ewetube says its a 2009 R1.
    The NSR fair leaves it out of the corners !!
    That will explain the sound i guess , i wondered if it was an early Moto Gp machine of some kind.
    The way the NSR operates is explosive out of corners and devastating down the straights lol. My kind of bike really.

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    ...also the fact that it was "only" the 3 cylinder NS-500 not the V4 NSR-500

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    What was the occasion?? There was quite a crowd but the bikes on track were a real mix.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    I think it was last year's Festival of a 1000 bikes? Interesting that they didn't use the bus stop chicane out of the hairpin and ran the circuit how it used to be.

That chicane is an arse and the circuit owners have put another TWO in else where, at the exit of Gerards and the entry to the esses. Check the run off at the Hairpin.....scared the poo out of me when I rode there.

The bike is definitly a 3 - but I'm also guessing only a customer spec RS500. Freddie's 83 w/c bike is for sale by him currently, but also his works bike didn'tr run Rothmans fags paint until 85 when he was riding the fours (which came out for 84 season and ran HRC colours like the 3 cyl did in 83). So reckon it's a production bike that's been borrowed for Fred to ride.

Still even if "just" an RS500 it would have me well barred up. Was looking at 2 of then last month - one with a Nico Bakker frame with adjustable streering head and it was very very cool.

I think the exit speed of the corners is a combination of bike and rider. Those guys make speed by how early they are on the throttle and Spencer was one of the best at it, none of this namby pamby roll it on, it was digital, on or off....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040160.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	509.2 KB 
ID:	212859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040073.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	438.5 KB 
ID:	212860  

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    I think it was last year's Festival of a 1000 bikes? Interesting that they didn't use the bus stop chicane out of the hairpin and ran the circuit how it used to be.

That chicane is an arse and the circuit owners have put another TWO in else where, at the exit of Gerards and the entry to the esses. Check the run off at the Hairpin.....scared the poo out of me when I rode there.

The bike is definitly a 3 - but I'm also guessing only a customer spec RS500. Freddie's 83 w/c bike is for sale by him currently, but also his works bike didn'tr run Rothmans fags paint until 85 when he was riding the fours (which came out for 84 season and ran HRC colours like the 3 cyl did in 83). So reckon it's a production bike that's been borrowed for Fred to ride.

Still even if "just" an RS500 it would have me well barred up. Was looking at 2 of then last month - one with a Nico Bakker frame with adjustable streering head and it was very very cool.

I think the exit speed of the corners is a combination of bike and rider. Those guys make speed by how early they are on the throttle and Spencer was one of the best at it, none of this namby pamby roll it on, it was digital, on or off....
    Did you notice the gear shift preferance , one on the left and one on the right ... novel.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I was just about to post this, good to see someone else has. He's a pretty tidy rider our fred. Thats a loooooooooooooong right hander, huh?

Spencer is my 80's GP hero (him and Lawson. OK, him, Lawson and Rainey. And Mamola... fuck it, they're all gods to me)
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Thread Information