Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the Moto2 Haters? (WARNING- SILVERSTONE SPOILER)

Bike
    BMW

Where are the Moto2 Haters? (WARNING- SILVERSTONE SPOILER)

Racing doesnt get better then that!

Id rather watch Moto2 then any other racing atm

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Racing doesnt get better then that!

Id rather watch Moto2 then any other racing atm
    Cool ! Can only wish Aye
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    GSXR1000
    MotoGP is too under subscribed now, I think at the end of the last race there were about 13 bikes circulating, and excluding Rossi there were only a couple of retirees. If, and that's a big if, you're lucky you might see 3 bikes competing for the lead. However, Moto2 as you point out Sloane, is where the real racing is at. 40+ bikes on the grid, battles between anything from 3 to 7 or 8 bikes at any part of the field. With the control engines and tyres it has made for close, entertaining edge of the seat racing. The 125's are a close second, the racing sometimes being a bit closer but the speeds (on the straights) are much slower. Nothing wrong with that, those things corner like they're on rails 4 or 5 abreast, but the Moto2 has that as well as the speed on the bits between the bends.

Bike
    1990 Honda VFR400/1979 Suzuki RM125
    It was good racing but I still found the big boys more exciting!

Actually thought I would see more carnage!

Bike
    None any more
    Moto2 is great competition. Having a stock bike is a great idea and it's a great way for young riders to hone their craft before stepping up to the main event.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    A few
    Giz a go !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    moped
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Moto2 is great competition. Having a stock bike is a great idea and it's a great way for young riders to hone their craft before stepping up to the main event.
    Thats what racing is all about, this class is briliant, just a crowd pleaser, keeps you on the edge the whole race you never no whose going to win.
    Keep it "STOCK" and affordable and look a the entrys, with more teams racing.

Thats what we want in little NZ.

Bike
    I sold it
    I would argue that the main event is now shifting focus to Moto2 , its close , hottly contested racing like it should be.
    I liken it to what Superbikes was in the beginning when we could all identify with the bikes and the riders were (in the main) strangers to us and that way the following of them wasnt swayed until they stood out from the crowd for whatever reason. As we all get to know the riders a bit more (apart from the ex 2 stroke brigade) i believe the class will start to take on an entirely differant slant and become very very popular. Its a world champ class and as such will attract riders of the talent required to do well within it.
    Some of the struggling riders in other classes could do ok in this class as the likes of Moto GP was too costly and fast for them and if from WSB the money ran out to run multiple bikes / teams.
    As much as i like Moto GP i prefer WSBK and Moto2 for watching pleasure.

Paul.

Bike
    GSXR450
    Stock bikes in Moto2? I think you must be on drugs
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    2010 YZF R6
    Blog Entries
    I tuned in late knowing id miss the 125's, to my huge dismay they ran the Moto2 first so missed my favorite race Moto GP was fairly exciting, felt for mr Hayden missing out on that podium.
    NOT RACING ANYMORE SNIFF SNIFF

Bike
    Various things
    The race was aweasome no doubt about it. BUT...that doesn't mean I wouldn't rather see proper GP bikes doing the same thing like the hey day of 250's. Silverstone's layout certainly helped. You moto 2 lovers were pretty quiet last round after one guy simply fucked off into the distance???

Bike
    GSXR1000
    No results in this thread please guys. Not all of us have seen the race yet.

Bike
    1989 Honda NC30
    Who the hell hates moto2? One of the best race series this year. I look forward to it more than the 800s
    #24 1989 Honda NC30

Bike
    Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    You Moto2 lovers were pretty quiet last round after one guy simply fucked off into the distance???
    Surely you jest, Mr Crasher? Moto2 at Mugello had a marvellous battle for 2nd. No-one bothered to point it out because every Moto2 race this year has had great racing.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    That was a great race at Mugello. Fantastic battle for 2nd and surely some major head scratching going on as to why the Italian rider gapped everyone else like he did. He wasn't the only Italian in the race, so home track advantage doesn't hold too much water.

Thread Information