Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: GT250R won't start (but cranks)

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ER6-n
    Blog Entries

GTR won't start.

Don't by any means try to push start it. My brother did this with his and ruined his CDI. somewhere in the region of $500 for a new one. It will surge it and blow it up. Try starting with the side stand up and lights off. I have a carbed 07 GT250 which has trouble starting if lights are on and/or the stand is down. Something to do with the safety switch which will stall the bike if you try to ride off with stand down.
    Hope this helps!

Bike
    2011, Hyosung GT650R

Unhappy Same issue with my GT650R

I know this is an old post but was a solution found to this? I'm having exactly the same issue, bump starting wont start it, voltage / amp / ohms seem fine.
    I even tested the ECU with another one and realised that the ECU is showing that the voltage being passed to it is lower than expected and the bike i was using the ECU from turned on with my ECU on it.

Please help!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by kmishra View Post
    I know this is an old post but was a solution found to this? I'm having exactly the same issue, bump starting wont start it, voltage / amp / ohms seem fine.
    I even tested the ECU with another one and realised that the ECU is showing that the voltage being passed to it is lower than expected and the bike i was using the ECU from turned on with my ECU on it.

Please help!
    How did the ECU tell you this?
    If it's true you have a simple issue of voltage drop and can measure for it with a multimeter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2011, Hyosung GT650R

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    How did the ECU tell you this?
    If it's true you have a simple issue of voltage drop and can measure for it with a multimeter
    This is what the guys at Peter Stevens geelong told me. I called them today and asked for an update and they said they're going to have to strip the wire spool and cut the wire to find the issue. They're very sure that its either the connector to the ECU or one of the wires going into the ECU.

I'm not sure if its better for me to replace the wiring harness or find the issue at this stage

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Find the issue. If it is a harness issue another may do the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Thread Information