Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So...now I'm a Devil!

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    Very very irregularly Marcus but Ive been around a long time to notice. Note that singular was the order of the day, not plural. A lot of catching up to do.
    haha...nah you misunderstood me Robert...I'm a prophet :-)

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R
    Theres not much wrong with the BP product and its my fuel of choice given that it is predominantly a British owned company and I unashamedly have an affinity for the country of my forebears, as recent as my grandfather. Interesting to note that given all of the caustic criticism levelled directly at the British by President Oblamer BP is 45% owned by American interests. Also very interesting that the company subcontracted to do the drilling is an American company using American equipment.
    Sorry off subject but it just illustrates that news reports and emotive comments are too often one sided. The spillage is totally inexcusable but theres a lot of hypocrisy and grandstanding going on.
    Id be interested to know what is the fuel of choice for those that care to answer?
    Your right...completely off topic but funny enough I was having a similar conversation the other day with someone who wanted to boycott BP...I asked them if they 'knew' if it was BP's fault or if they just had heard it. I personally haven't looked into the matter myself therefor I feel it is redundant taking action against a company merely based on what the general popular opinion is and what the media have been reporting. If I was to take action to make a point, I would firstly need to know that I had done justice to myself in finding out the relevant information before commencing a 'knee-jerk" protest reaction against BP. Like you said Robert, there are more subcontractors involved in the fiasco that arguably could be more directly at fault. I can't understand how this could have happened in the first place?! Anyway...Goooooooo KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike
    L1 GSXR 1000
    bit late, but good on ya Marcus!!!

Bike
    BMW
    Theres not much wrong with the BP product and its my fuel of choice given that it is predominantly a British owned company and I unashamedly have an affinity for the country of my forebears, as recent as my grandfather. Interesting to note that given all of the caustic criticism levelled directly at the British by President Oblamer BP is 45% owned by American interests. Also very interesting that the company subcontracted to do the drilling is an American company using American equipment.
    Sorry off subject but it just illustrates that news reports and emotive comments are too often one sided. The spillage is totally inexcusable but theres a lot of hypocrisy and grandstanding going on.
    Id be interested to know what is the fuel of choice for those that care to answer?
    I use VP C14....

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    I fucken new it
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I use VP C14....

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I use VP C14....
    I use Diesel...Kawasaki Heavy industry spec!

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Firstly - Congratulations Marcus !! onya !

I use BP 'cause they have a 98 pump at my local servo. I'll continue to use it - they are gonna need the money - my small contribution to the clean up.

In the UK at present the bullshit about the oil spill is outrageous. I saw a newspaper headline the other day " Obama ruins British pensions !" Just because he referred to BP as British Petroleum - Of course NOBODY wants to be associated with the spill and even though it is a consortium unfortunately for BP their name is on the rig.
    The main thing people in the UK seem to be worried about is how it will affect the share price of BP. Nobody is gonna come out of this looking good (especially the sea birds)

Apparently several companies that drill there (the Gulf of Mexico) submitted containment plans that were a crock - references to "sea lions" ??? it looks like they just took an existing plan and did search and replace "North Sea > Gulf of Mexico" and the US "Authorities" approved them !!!

The only good thing about it is it happened of the coast of the US shitloads of money and effort will be spent to clean it up - if it was the coast of Africa (or NZ * ) nobody would give a toss. Imagine the Ivory Coast or NZ Government trying to put pressure on BP

The really bad news is its in the "storm belt" Hurricane season is coming !!!

I'd be interested in any comments from our resident "oil man" if it has made any difference to operations on the rig he's working on ?

* A spill from a rig of Taranaki was not even reported by the company until it washed ashore and locals complained.
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by wharfy View Post
    Firstly - Congratulations Marcus !! onya !

I use BP 'cause they have a 98 pump at my local servo. I'll continue to use it - they are gonna need the money - my small contribution to the clean up.

In the UK at present the bullshit about the oil spill is outrageous. I saw a newspaper headline the other day " Obama ruins British pensions !" Just because he referred to BP as British Petroleum - Of course NOBODY wants to be associated with the spill and even though it is a consortium unfortunately for BP their name is on the rig.
    The main thing people in the UK seem to be worried about is how it will affect the share price of BP. Nobody is gonna come out of this looking good (especially the sea birds)

Apparently several companies that drill there (the Gulf of Mexico) submitted containment plans that were a crock - references to "sea lions" ??? it looks like they just took an existing plan and did search and replace "North Sea > Gulf of Mexico" and the US "Authorities" approved them !!!

The only good thing about it is it happened of the coast of the US shitloads of money and effort will be spent to clean it up - if it was the coast of Africa (or NZ * ) nobody would give a toss. Imagine the Ivory Coast or NZ Government trying to put pressure on BP

The really bad news is its in the "storm belt" Hurricane season is coming !!!

I'd be interested in any comments from our resident "oil man" if it has made any difference to operations on the rig he's working on ?

* A spill from a rig of Taranaki was not even reported by the company until it washed ashore and locals complained.
    It was great to see new British PM David Cameron not buying into Oblamers emotive rhetoric. Sure it has to be cleaned up and cleaned up quickly and would have been done so if it was easy. But its clearly not easy. But a few careless words by Oblamer and Congress members ( in the perverse political system that the Yanks have ) will further negatively impact on BPs value and its ability to mop up the mess and still come out as a viable company. If many thousands of jobs get lost because of all this then its yet another sad outcome. And the litigation is doubtless going to go on and on for years, the roving sharks of the legal proffession will be rubbing their hands together.
    Had the Kawasaki 600cc generators been more capable of providing more wattage output for stronger light for a proper inspection of the sealing system on the drills this might not have happened!!!!!!

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Had the Kawasaki 600cc generators been more capable of providing more wattage output for stronger light for a proper inspection of the sealing system on the drills this might not have happened!!!!!!
    It might of been the poor quality of the fuel used in said generators that didn't allow said generators to reach peak power

Bike
    A fast one
    Choppa......... C16 is betta if ya up the compression lots!!!!!!! you could also inject a tiny bit of NOS very secretly(ssshhhh) if you think you need some xtra.........NOT
    Your KX500 would enjoy C14 too.

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Graham View Post
    It might of been the poor quality of the fuel used in said generators that didn't allow said generators to reach peak power
    Tehehehe, I just had to find a shonky and hopefully humorous way of avoiding being nailed for going off subject!

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R
    Tehehehe, I just had to find a shonky and hopefully humorous way of avoiding being nailed for going off subject!
    Oh come now Robert! I'm sure you would jump at the chance to get 'nailed!'

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles08 View Post
    Oh come now Robert! I'm sure you would jump at the chance to get 'nailed!'
    Only by the two new hookers on outcall from the local bordello, dressed in their full Nazi regalia.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R
    Only by the two new hookers on outcall from the local bordello, dressed in their full Nazi regalia.
    vee hav vays of making you come Dr Robert!

Thread Information