Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC protest movement dead?

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    "offend constructively".
    My interpretation of offend constructively....is that I like and respect alot of people involved with this...but don't necessarily agree with aspects of it or how it was run.

But...I am not going to pretend that I have the all the answers or pretend that I could or would do better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    00 Gixxer 750 and ZX10 tricycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    Two Words Mr Poos , this says it all

NEW ZEALAND
    Poos is typical 'New Zealand' tho (well from where I come from anyway)
    Built for speed, not for comfort

Bike
    89 GPX750, 06KLR650
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    I' going to offend some people..constructively..

I think this ACC protest movement thingy with the bikers is dead.

It seems the majority of bikers don't care. and by not including a larger group of people [non bikers] by manipulating the argument a tiny bit and getting more lobby groups on board..
    Annoying the public by taking over parking spots in a mall??? I mean whos fucking dumb idea was that?? it really got the public on side didn't it??...
    So yeah...your now left with a couple of dozen people protesting.

Its not achieved much really...other than to teach politicians that Bikers are a push over.

They played the typical ploy of we'll rape,pillage and burn the village....and since they're only raping and pillaging now...everyone seems grateful ?!?

there is an art to this protesting stuff...the media soon get bored...the public don't like to be inconvenienced...hmm
    So what would you suggest is done to unite Bikers, and others to protest not just the increase to bike levies, but all the changes to Acc?

The art of protesting is to get and keep a large number of people involved. If you read up on all the changes they well at some stage probably affect most New zealanders, but with out a united front from a large number you get changes made, the only way I see of doing that is to make it an election issue somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    The only reason the public aren't on board is because they do not realise the changes to ACC affect them as well. Monetarily, the effect on them is much smaller and the loss of services etc doesn't matter (until you need them, that is).
    All protests involving being in front of the public have been aimed at getting them to understand this, but like the bloke on his way to work, negotiating the motorway in his car whilst simultaneously reading the paper, having a shave and getting his caffeine level up, the public aren't paying attention.
    Do you really think they aren't paying attention, or just don't know what to do about it. If you look at a lot of the crrent changes individually, they all attack minority groups, that are easy to control individually. What is needed is a united front from everyone, but to do that needs a good leadership base. I have no idea how uniting such diverse groups to have a joint protest could be organised. The message is still going out by individual groups of people about how the changes affect them.

I notice at the head of this forum that there is a mailing list of over 16000 address that has been created tby this forum is that list avaliable to the other organisations that are linked on the header to get more information out from them? Is it even legal to let them use it?

Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    precede them with 'get the fuck out of' and you got a plan!

I wouldn't say it's dead, confused, and lazy yes, but theres still heaps of diehard protestors about. An easy to follow well organised unified campaign could fire up the number again I reckon, but fuck knows how to get one of those
    I would tend to agree that it is confused, so how do we find the leadership to unconfuse it and present a united front to the Govt? we as one group of a small minority seem to have many different views on what is the best way forward.

Attached are some excerts from the latest "the Transport worker" which is the RMTU (rail and maritine union) magazine. These make interesting reading.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	workplace motor vehicle accidents 1.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	211527 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	workplace motor vehicle accidents 2.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	211528
    These first two pages are about how ACC classes some work place motor vehicle accidents as motor vehicle accidents, and not as work place accidents, so that they come out of the motor vehicle fund, and not the emplyors leviy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACC changes1.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	211526 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACC changes2.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	211529

These two describe some of the changes that come into effect as of the 1st of july 2010.

The full magazine can be downloaded Here as a pdf file but it is about 3.7 MB
    Paul’s Adventure riding Photo’s

Latest photo's

Paved Roads are just another example of Wasted Taxpayer Dollars

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Or.

They are quite happy for the range of services to be scaled back, and think its fitting that the more "at risk,but with money" slice of the population pay a bit more.
    Somewhere in the middle, probably. The old "I'm all right. It's not costing me much"...
    Perhaps Mrand Mrs Average don't get off their arse is because they are not part of an organised, affected collective (like bikers, for instance), so they don't consider they have a voice?
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Try spending less time on KB making excused for not riding?? :P
    haha not going to happen. I would have to look like I'm working then.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    Two Words Mr Poos , this says it all

NEW ZEALAND
    No...your wrong....it should be political correctness and this fricken belief that everyones a winner.....its ingrained in a number of generations now...don't know how to fight to win or achieve a goal or ambition. Scared to aspire to be someone or something...because the PC brigade will try to drag you down to their lazy pitiful fucking making excuses for being lazy and thick as shit level...
    When I first read Quasies post I thought 'another person knocking NZ in a wild generalisation'. But then I thought of Italy, where if they don't like a law they ignore it, if they can't ignore it they change the government. Remember the protests in France with the truckers? Because (I think) of our national history, we are a bunch of push overs. Not so in Italy.

Bike
    CBR1000RR ON HOLD no money for you ACC!
    I moved on to my private protest...REGO on HOLD for all my vehicles, and i suggest you all do the same.

And fuck paying the fines right away, i will contest them in court if you have to...try to pay them off $10 a week if i end up getting any.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by miloking View Post
    I moved on to my private protest...REGO on HOLD for all my vehicles, and i suggest you all do the same.

And fuck paying the fines right away, i will contest them in court if you have to...try to pay them off $10 a week if i end up getting any.
    Some of us don't have that option (public parking, etc), and those the do take that way out mean revenue goes down, but expenses stay the same, I'm guessing they'll put up the rego's for those still paying to compensate in a few years. And put up the fine for no reg even sooner.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2013 Yamaha MT-09
    bikers will re-unite when we get hit with another $300+ increase on our regos next year.

The public will unite when they realise all the services are gone and will have to stump up money for their rehabilitation.

Bike
    Bandit
    This in the harold might kick a few up the arse!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe
    KB does not require a high standard of membership behavior.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by GOONR View Post
    This in the harold might kick a few up the arse!
    i knew bout the bikes bit, but did not know vans were going up 46% thats fucking tempting to put it on hold for the amount i use it
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    I' going to offend some people..constructively..

I think this ACC protest movement thingy with the bikers is dead.

It seems the majority of bikers don't care. and by not including a larger group of people [non bikers] by manipulating the argument a tiny bit and getting more lobby groups on board..
    Annoying the public by taking over parking spots in a mall??? I mean whos fucking dumb idea was that?? it really got the public on side didn't it??...
    So yeah...your now left with a couple of dozen people protesting.

Its not achieved much really...other than to teach politicians that Bikers are a push over.

They played the typical ploy of we'll rape,pillage and burn the village....and since they're only raping and pillaging now...everyone seems grateful ?!?

there is an art to this protesting stuff...the media soon get bored...the public don't like to be inconvenienced...hmm
    They are just kiwis
    they would rather bend over and be fucked up the arse than get off their arse

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    i knew bout the bikes bit, but did not know vans were going up 46% thats fucking tempting to put it on hold for the amount i use it
    You just wait, there are so many areas that are affected by the changes to ACC, I think people are naive to think that the issues have gone away, I believe they are only just beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    I don't have time to protest. I am still trying to find time to ride the damn thing......or fix it for that matter.
    Well,let the PTB get their way,and in a few years you won't even need to find the time for that.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    You just wait, there are so many areas that are affected by the changes to ACC, I think people are naive to think that the issues have gone away, I believe they are only just beginning.
    so why are bikers the only ones getting fired up about it? It's not like others haven't been informed, they just don't seem to care, must reckon tptb know whats best I spose.

Thread Information