View Poll Results: Who has put in a submission?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 94.44%
  • No

1 5.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MNZ submissions due in before July!

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    What were you asking for to be changed? I didnt agree with after market wheels, suggested a price cap be put on TC systems to allow bazzazz but not motec and full exhaust for superstock 1000 cause thats what oz runs and it would be good to be able to run superstock in nz and oz that was the point of the new rules?
    Yeah choppa, its all good to be able to chop of the cat etc and make/fit a rear pipe and muffler if you have the know how but a lot of people would have to pay someone to do it so a full system wouldnt cost them much more. I reckon no titanium though.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by k14 View Post
    I reckon they should ditch the hardcore supersport and superbike rules and just have superstock 600 and 1000. They are kidding themselves if they think auzzie guys are going to bring their bikes over here and race in their off season. There is a way bigger chance of a kiwi going over there to race and having the lower (cheaper) classes in NZ is the best way to achieve that.

I just objected to the 250GP inclusion for F3. Commented on the positive changes and asked for a better explanation as to the rational to the changes. We have recieved next to no information from the comittee as to the direction they are trying to take the sport via these changes and what they are trying to accomplish.
    Ditching sbk would upset a whole lot of people as they would be left with bikes to race in clubmans. I guess the committee dosnt email everyone in NZ because they ar listening to submissions at the moment? It isnt a discussion its a - submission. But yep I agree about the 250's too, they are bordering on being post classic club class bikes.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by RDjase View Post
    I asked about allowing the 350 2stroke rule in F3 to be extended to include RZ350 and other 350 stroker engines to be used in repowers. The proposed rules say must use original frame, swingarm and forks,
    A old RZ has a great engine (more or less the same as Banshee) with heaps af cheap parts available but will be useless unless its in a better frame

Bring on the Yamagamma's and TZR350's (which can be used in pre89 as well)

Good on MNZ for coming up with all the new ideas ! and that it has started lots of discussion and submissions.
    When was the last major overhaul in rule changes?
    I reckon you just answered your own question, TZR350's race in pre89. Do you honestly think that bikes of that age should be allowed
    in a formula class at a national level event? There are plenty of opurtunities to race during the winter and support classes at the nationals as I done myself. Some people seem to think that formula 3 is a class to get the old shitter out of the shed and go racing which is unfair on the people that do ALL of the nationals and not just their local round.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Racey Rider View Post
    "Hello. Reading through the draft new Superlite rules, I see it suggesting 150 2 stroke and 250 four stroke together, which is ok if it is twin cylinder four strokes.
    But if the four cylinder 250cc four strokes are allowed in that class to, they will just power away from us with there extra speed/power.
    I thought the idea was to promote a future class of Pro twins (ie GT250 / EX250) to replace the older bikes? "
    I doubt that, you cant buy new 150's or 4 cylinder 4-strokes anymore thats why 250 singles are allowed, but you are right about replacing older bikes.
    There will soon be no 150's left.
    It looks like the whole idea to the new rules is to get manufacturers and bike shops involved more again. Just like 2 strokes in F3 why would a bikeshop/manufacturer sponsor a class for machines they dont even sell?

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by suzuki21 View Post
    Yeah choppa, its all good to be able to chop of the cat etc and make/fit a rear pipe and muffler if you have the know how but a lot of people would have to pay someone to do it so a full system wouldnt cost them much more. I reckon no titanium though.
    Exactly why I submitted that 600 Stock Production class should be allowed a full system too! The only reason I didn't run Stock Prod at this years champs was because it was too much hassle getting a link pipe made for my Akro to standard headers...even tho the rest of the bike was only 'stock' and was legal for that class.

Bike
    XT660r
    I reckon you just answered your own question, TZR350's race in pre89. Do you honestly think that bikes of that age should be allowed
    in a formula class at a national level event? There are plenty of opurtunities to race during the winter and support classes at the nationals as I done myself. Some people seem to think that formula 3 is a class to get the old shitter out of the shed and go racing which is unfair on the people that do ALL of the nationals and not just their local round.
    What would you rather have me race in F3?

1980 RD350LC ? (which the new proposed rules allow)

Or a

RZ350 powered hybred with good suspension, frame, brakes and tyres?

Some people seem to think that formula 3 is a class to get the old shitter out of the shed and go racing which is unfair on the people that do ALL of the nationals and not just their local round.

I have just spent a heap of money on my "Old Shitter" it has been raced virtualy stock for ages. Might just race at the nationals on it in SportBike/F3 (now I can in a Nationals class). Its not like the grids are full, so I wont be taking a FLASH bikes place !

Thread Information