Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Crashing

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Crashing doesnt necessarily show you the limit it might just highlight your inadequacies. I have crashed places where others were going through faster probably so that means i was doing something wrong.

Maybe you can learn to go fast in other ways and change some of your bad techniques before you crash. I watch fast guys and video tape them and try to do things similar if im struggling, i also follow people when i get to new tracks in order to go quicker faster
    Best post of the thread IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    Me too! I usta just pick up the pace 'till I got off. Seemed to help back then, I got pretty fast.
    I'm still convinced that you cannot know your limit 'till you've been there. How can you? (unless you're faster than everyone else, then it may not matter....)
    I reckon you can find the limit without falling off....having a moment and staying on...I also think the limit should be defined as an individuals limit and the machines limit [within its current setup]
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    ....and remember those that live in glasshouses....................................... .......................!!!?!!!
    should have sex in the basement...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    should have sex in the basement...
    great advice!!!

Bike
    Honda PC800
    In my opinion everybody is different when it comes to what works for them chasing speed on the track. me I prefer to push a bit harder every practice lap. Focus on my (many) weaknesses and work out how to go a bit faster next lap.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    You see I have deliberately tried to jinx myself/tempt fate several times recently in the hope of getting rid of my crash virginity. But it hasn't worked. I'm not superstitious either.
    thats an easy fix deano........where and when ya racin next.............im sure i could get in the way for ya.........
    ***** POLITICIANS *****
    People Of Little Integrity Thieving Innocent Citizens Incomes And Need Shooting

*******KASPA*******
    Knavery Artificial Spurious Pretentious Arseholes

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    You'd be better off spending the $1000 or so that it costs to repair/replace bike/leathers/helmet/bones at the superbike school.
    ( which is my plan after I've paid off the credit card bill I've racked up for repairs/leathers/helmet/bones )
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by wharfy View Post
    You'd be better off spending the $1000 or so that it costs to repair/replace bike/leathers/helmet/bones at the superbike school.
    ( which is my plan after I've paid off the credit card bill I've racked up for repairs/leathers/helmet/bones )
    Dunno Kev, so many GP and superbike riders crash in practice, then go on to the podium in the race.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R
    Dunno Kev, so many GP and superbike riders crash in practice, then go on to the podium in the race.
    or break a shin...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles08 View Post
    or break a shin...
    That's the risk of making a two wheeled vehicle go as fast as possible. That risk is what gives us the buzz.

Bike
    These are guys at the top of their game, I and I doubt they learn much in the way of riding skill from it. They probably learn something about the set-up I guess.
    Although Rossi did say he made a mistake in letting one side of the tyre cool down to much, so I guess he learned that

I still think for a club rider (even a good one like Deano who has a good shot at a national title in the near future) could learn more from a bit of tuition from a top racer or racing school than from crashing.

Or maybe my ex was right and I'm just not sensitive enough to learn from my mistakes ?

One of my favorite quotes "experience is what makes you recognize a mistake when you make it again"

Anyway I wouldn't like to see Deano crash (or anyone else for that matter)

Bike
    tzrw 06zx10r ktm300mx
    crashing has done nothing for me but eat away at my buget and my confidence (now i ride like an even older granny)

Bike
    Various things
    Probably because you don't know why you crashed?

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Probably because you don't know why you crashed?
    Thats kind of true pete . I used to crash cause i tried to ride like you , thats why i thought crashing was normal , i soon learnt i was crashing cause i wasnt as good as you were at doing it, so i stopped and won shitloads of titles lol.
    Crashing sorts your limitations out but never let it psych you i say , if you know why you binned it then you are aok , if you dont know , find out . Ask Nicki , she crashed worse than most of us ever will and she has no fears of the hairpin cause she knows exactly what went wrong. This in no way means you can avoid it happening again but it does keep the demons at bay.

Paul.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by 9193a View Post
    These are guys at the top of their game, I and I doubt they learn much in the way of riding skill from it. They probably learn something about the set-up I guess.
    So, they learn a limitation then? Ya know, where something needs to change to go faster, or that nothing can be changed and not to go that fast.

No one would crash if they could progress in perfectly even increments, and take a corner exactly the same every time. But since there are too many variables I think that is impossible.

Thread Information